Does an addon like this exist?

I may not explain this very well but I will try to get the point across. Basically I want an addon that allows me to save different interface "profiles" so to speak. Right now I have multiple interface folders like Interface-pvp, Interface-healing, Interface-raid, etc. And every time I want to change my overall interface I have to exit game and rename the desired folder to Interface so the game uses that folder and relog into the game. It also is troublesome because I have to update each folders addons separately because of the different folders.

What I want to be able to do is for instance switch between a minimal arena interface with Gladius and all my custom keybinds to a healing interface with grid and raid frames and default keybinds to an auction interface with all my auction addons without having to use different folders. The auction interface isn't as important but what I really want is to be able to switch between PvP and PvE interfaces because my PvP keybinds remap all the keys that I use in PvE like C, R, T, G, and I want to bring those keys back to their normal functions when I don't need all the excessive keybinds that I only ever use in PvP because there is no use for 3 different Blind macros that focus off Gladius in a raid... it just wastes space on my actionbar and takes away keys that I would use otherwise for their default functions.

I know this can be done with the profiles within each addon themselves but I want one single addon that can save like a "snapshot" of my current UI and allow me to set that whole thing as a single profile that I switch between. I don't mind if I have to relog to make it work but I want to be able to use just one interface folder. I know Tuk-UI has functionality like this where it has like tank, heal, and DPS layouts which is pretty close to what I am looking for but I want to do that same thing with my own interface layout how I want it and not how it is in a premade graphical interface like Tuk-UI.
    Last edited by noremac; 2011-03-16 at 10:03 AM.

I skimmed your post and I'm pretty sure Reflux will do what you're wanting as far as the UI changing goes. I don't know if it's possible to remap keys between different profiles to go back to their default functions. I think it might be possible to change how bars are bound with different profiles using a bar addon (I haven't tried so I'm unsure), in which case you could maybe use a hidden bar with macros to simulate restored default keybinds.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...11-Reflux.html

The key remapping is a big part of what I am trying to accomplish, since the keys I use are totally different depending on if I am PvP'ing, tanking a raid, healing a heroic, etc.

Obviously I probably shouldn't be using the same spec for PvE as PvP anyway so when I change specs it should change all my bars, but I do occasionally use the specs interchangeably which is why I would like something that can remap my keys on the fly.

That Reflux addon looks like what I am looking for, but one thing I am curious about is can it disable addons as well? I know I can set a profile for all the addons I don't want and just not show them but they still take up memory in the background so disabling them would be optimal but if I can't do that then I can live with it I guess. I just don't see a point in having Quest Helper enabled while I am in arena.
    Last edited by noremac; 2011-03-16 at 10:15 AM.

I'm not sure. I haven't fiddled with Reflux personally, I just knew about it because I've gone through several packaged UIs that utilized it. I think it would be possible to enable/disable addons while logged in, but you'd probably have to learn LUA and script your own addon to control that based on what you have installed. You could probably get a more definitive answer on that from someone who knows more about the limitations of LUA (I think DBM can call parts of itself to enable them when needed for example).

I saw an addon a while back that would switch your targeting keys based on whether you were in a pve or pvp zone (target enemy vs target enemy player), so that leads me to believe it's possible to do so. Again, you'd probably have to learn some LUA and script a personal addon to do this for you though.

Deleted
    Doesn't Bartender allow you to save different profiles for different characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Doesn't Bartender allow you to save different profiles for different characters?
    Yes but it only manages your action bar bindings and not anything else unless I am missing something. So for instance if I bind C for something and swap it to a different profile, the C will be unbound from the action bar but it won't be rebound to it's default which is your character screen.

Most addons allow you to save profiles

Just create various Interface Folder in your Warcraft location. (Interface-PvP, Interface-PvE, etc.) Just rename it Interface when you want to use it.
    It may be a bit longer, but I'm sure it works fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henline View Post
    I skimmed your post and I'm pretty sure Reflux will do what you're wanting as far as the UI changing goes. I don't know if it's possible to remap keys between different profiles to go back to their default functions. I think it might be possible to change how bars are bound with different profiles using a bar addon (I haven't tried so I'm unsure), in which case you could maybe use a hidden bar with macros to simulate restored default keybinds.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...11-Reflux.html
    The only trouble I got with Reflux was that I had to rebuild the whole UI from the beginning and then save it. And I had to do it with all my UIs from all my chars and their specs... So I decided remove this addon. Too much work.

10+ Year Old Account
    To disable addons quickly you can use Addon Control Panel to save different sets of addons, simply save the sets, select them and do /rl

Addon Control Panel allows you to save enabled addon profiles. As many as you like really. Combined with Reflux it could be what you're looking for?
    Owning horrid India customer service since 1989. DELL - PAYPAL - EA

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsun View Post
    Just create various Interface Folder in your Warcraft location. (Interface-PvP, Interface-PvE, etc.) Just rename it Interface when you want to use it.
    It may be a bit longer, but I'm sure it works fine
    This is already what I do as I stated in the OP, so I am looking for a way around doing this because it is such a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Karkani View Post
    To disable addons quickly you can use Addon Control Panel to save different sets of addons, simply save the sets, select them and do /rl
    Thanks I will check that out... and you can change them on the fly?

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTRIPPEDINFOURWEEKS View Post
    Addon Control Panel allows you to save enabled addon profiles. As many as you like really. Combined with Reflux it could be what you're looking for?
    It seems that way, but I still cant figure out how to get my key bindings to remap how I want them to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karkani View Post
    This for addons yes, all you have to do is uncheck the box and click reload ui

Try this one (along with the others already mentioned): Keyboard Layout Saver. There's also KeyProfiler2.
    Last edited by Ibis; 2011-03-16 at 01:49 PM.

Yes it does exist now RDX 8.

You can install many theme and you can switch your interface on the fly. You can also create a set keys per interface.
    RDX 8 is a single addon which doing all, unitframes, raidframes, arenaframes, artframes.

Unfortunately, I am not able to post a link on MMO. There is a video preview on the website wowrdx.com

Cheers
    Sigg

Quote Originally Posted by Ibis View Post
    Try this one (along with the others already mentioned): Keyboard Layout Saver. There's also KeyProfiler2.
    Can I use those 2 addons in conjunction with Reflux so that it will automatically update my layout when I change my Reflux profile? Or will those not be supported by Reflux.

Quote Originally Posted by noremac View Post
    Can I use those 2 addons in conjunction with Reflux so that it will automatically update my layout when I change my Reflux profile? Or will those not be supported by Reflux.
    Both seem to use AceDB so they should be supported automatically by Reflux. There are also instructions on the Reflux download page on how to emulate a profile for an addon that doesn't use AceDB, so it should be possible regardless... but I haven't used Reflux, so I don't know the details.