Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So nobody has played Homefront?

the video in the game looks amazing. Even the setting of a future contemporary world is very neat. i just can't find many reviews of this.

Deleted
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1155729p1.html

There's a review, I heard the game is good but the campaign is only 5 hours :\

I hate short campaigns. The last new fps game I played, Bulletstorm, lasted me around 4 hours if that. For the price of these things youd expect more really

All of a sudden when you look at the £8.99 a month to play WoW and the hours of entertainment it provides, paying full UK price of around £35-£40 per title looks like a total rip off.

Is it really that much to ask for 10 hour long campaigns at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Renelin View Post
    I hate short campaigns. The last new fps game I played, Bulletstorm, lasted me around 4 hours if that. For the price of these things youd expect more really

All of a sudden when you look at the £8.99 a month to play WoW and the hours of entertainment it provides, paying full UK price of around £35-£40 per title looks like a total rip off.

The thing is, you don't buy this sorta game for the single player, you buy it for the multiplayer. I easily logged 35days in Modern Warfare 2, for £40 that's a bargain, works out at 5pence per hour.

Very true, what the hell was I doing comparing a single player game to a multiplayer....what a state I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Renelin View Post

You must be new to either epic games, or FPS in general. You don't buy an FPS for the campaign, you buy it for competitive multiplayer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canofcats View Post
    You must be new to either epic games, or FPS in general. You don't buy an FPS for the campaign, you buy it for competitive multiplayer.
    If i pay £40 for a new game i expect a good single player experiance.

actually i buy fps's generally for the single players since they generally have the best story cut scene driven high production single player campaigns. i'm not a big multiplayer person other than in mmo's. its really the only reason i buy fps's these days since i think play mechanics of most fps's are as repetitive as Diablo after so long....new/different guns all of the time just doesn't do it for me.

and yeah 5 hours is a jip for a $60~ game...

Except Bulletstorm has absolutely no multi-player, which is where that logic really falls down.

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    If i pay £40 for a new game i expect a good single player experiance.
    Exactly, there's no excuse for ignoring the single player component and claiming the multiplayer will 'make up for it'.

Shockingly I'm not new to FPS games. I don't even know how many hours I logged on CS and DoD back in the day. Not to mention the hours and hours of CS:S gamplay. Oh Did I also mention I acted as a network admin for the CTU CS:S network? God knows how many hours of Modern Warfare I logged.....I could go on and on, but I won't.

At the end of the day, for the price of these games there no viable excuse for having a lacking single player experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it should of came out 10 years ago, looks crap.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the game but, from what I read about the online gameplay is that snipers are OP.

Game looks like yet another modern-warfare-type shooter, not care about it at all.

Extremely fascinating story. Hilariously boring game.

Its generic as it gets as a shooter. Nothing different about it then every other title out there.

Short games can be fun. Bulletstorm is a prime example. It was fun (albeit repetitive).

I have it. I love the multiplayer, much more "balanced" or "polished" than CoD's recent titles or even BF. Is it a blockbuster likethose? No, but I think it gives them a foot in the door. The gaming community as a whole right now is very stuck-up having been given so many great titles, so they don't want to give anything a chance that could possibly be anything like what they already currently enjoy.

TL : DR===> The campaign is short, but great story. The multiplayer is very fun, Ground Control is a format CoD and BF should be using, very competitive and balanced, the graphics are not terrible but not stellar either and the controls are very user-friendly if you have even mediocre experience with FPS games. This is all just imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
    Looks like it should of came out 10 years ago, looks crap.
    Have you seen Black ops? Not much better.

Deleted
    So it's call of duty: Red Dawn, MERIKA IS BEST 2: electric Boogaloo?

Bad concept, bad game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    The thing is, you don't buy this sorta game for the single player, you buy it for the multiplayer. I easily logged 35days in Modern Warfare 2, for £40 that's a bargain, works out at 5pence per hour.
    I agree. The MW2 single player was awesome and I wish it would have been much longer, but I also buy those games for multiplayer purposes.