Stood in the Fire MeleeSpriestDK's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Disc 15sec Shield really

Why are they making priests shields 15sec? I play disc so shield is one of my main abilitys healing. now 15sec? The mana cost increase sure idc spamming shield i didnt have to do really any way. But 15sec for a priest.. i mean all the other classes shields are cute lil baby shields that dont do much. ITS our main freakin ability. Apparently they dont like the idea of pre-shielding. for heroic 5mans sure.... wtf about raids. 15sec in a raid with 10ppl. if you wanted to shield people for incomeing dmg you couldnt even shield all 10 before the first one wore off from time. I guess 15sec for 30k dmg isnt that long but seriously if your going to do the 15sec BS give us a damn fast gcd like rejuv and countless other healers have for main instant cast abilitys.

Give us a 1sec gcd or something to compensate for the stupid nerf to PWS

Who else thinks this would be unacceptable w/o a gcd decrease for PWS.

Gamers never Die

It definitely doesn't seem like a sensible change. The cost itself is prohibitive enough.

Deleted
    I'm no expert but I don't think it will have a huge affect on PvE or even on PvP for that matter. Shields go down pretty quickly once damage actually happens.

They should take it off of the GCD if they're going to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't played my priest for a while...
    And I think Ill keep her where she is.

Sorry to say but 15 seconds sounds right. Druids rejuvenations only last 12 seconds now (opposed to 18 seconds before) and the fact a shield lasted before like 30 seconds was the main reason priests were only using this ability, by blanketing a raid with it. Now you gotta be selective about it, which is the way it should be. You have other spells, PW:S is your main spell not just because of the tree, but because of how overpowered it was.

You will get used to it.

Stood in the Fire MeleeSpriestDK's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    thats what i was saying 15sec is fine if it dosnt take a full normal gcd every time u cast it. I mean come on.. Holy gets a .5sec gcd for renew. and so do druids rejuvs

Gamers never Die

Deleted
    I already only use shields when I'm fairly certain of damage - not " just incase in the next 30 seconds ". l2 use them effectively and you won't see a great deal of change. I'm not even slightly bothered about this nerf.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeleeSpriestDK View Post
    thats what i was saying 15sec is fine if it dosnt take a full normal gcd every time u cast it. I mean come on.. Holy gets a .5sec gcd for renew. and so do druids rejuvs
    Probably because renew and rejuv are both hots, as where PW:S is a 25-30k instant psueudoheal, which doesn't tick, doesn't take time to heal, and is instantaneous.

The 15 second reduction on the duration is mostly due to 2 things: 1) Blanket Shielding, and 2) PVP Balance. If you cast a PW:S on someone in an arena (hypothetically), and they take no damage until 17 seconds in, upon then in which PW:S is removed due to being destroyed, a disc priest can immediately re-apply another instant shield, absorbing another 25-30k in damage, meaning that the target successfully has a pseudohealth of basehp+25-30k*2, all of which is instant, and due to the fact that rapture would proc off of the first shield being popped, the mana cost as well is too efficient in a pvp environment being engineered like this.

I don't necessarily like the change from a PVE perspective, but if it helps weed out the players that just shield spam+get fed innervates in PVE, then by all means. It's not like it's going to change PVE drastically, since everyone who's decent at the class has already likely cleared 12/12 on normal content, and is working on heroic content, as where some aura/misc damage from a particular boss encounter WILL burst your PW:S within the 15 second duration with no question.

Right here is the reason why this game has gone to shit, yes I know it probably shouldn't be 15 seconds and the reason disc is so good is because of the shields but you have divine aegis. They are increasing the length of that to 15 seconds. The reason i say this is the reason this game has gone to shit is that people just complain till they get their way... No one will be happy till every class is the same every class can tank heal and dps and they all use the same spells just under different names. And when that does happen people will complain that there is no verity in the game.

Blizzard can not win with everyone, it isn't possible. They do what they think is best for the game. So just be happy with how the game is. Who knows? Maybe they'll change it back.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They don't want you to pre- or mass-shield the raid, hence the huge mana cost increases before.
    Apparently that wasn't enough, hence the duration reduction to 15 sec.
    Then again, it's still PTR business, wait for it to go live.
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post
    Sorry to say but 15 seconds sounds right. Druids rejuvenations only last 12 seconds now (opposed to 18 seconds before) and the fact a shield lasted before like 30 seconds was the main reason priests were only using this ability, by blanketing a raid with it. Now you gotta be selective about it, which is the way it should be. You have other spells, PW:S is your main spell not just because of the tree, but because of how overpowered it was.

You will get used to it.
    What is this? I don't even...

The only thing this "nerf" should ever change is the shield spamming crap people do in raids. If you're actually using PW:S like you're supposed to, it won't affect you in any way. I'd be surprised to see my shield last longer than 4-5 seconds in PvP.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnett View Post
    The only thing this "nerf" should ever change is the shield spamming crap people do in raids. If you're actually using PW:S like you're supposed to, it won't affect you in any way. I'd be surprised to see my shield last longer than 4-5 seconds in PvP.
    pretty much this. a lot of Disc Priests pride themselves with being able to mitigate incoming damage. If you're shielding people about to take damage with 15 seconds you're shield should be used up.

if you're shielding all willy nilly then you might waste a couple shields (and a chunk of mana)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnett View Post
    yeh im doing lvl 70 disc priest in arena

that makes them last alot less besides the other fact blizz has returned the lvl 70 pvp trinkets >.>