Thread: Changes to 2vs2

Deleted

Changes to 2vs2

Hi there.

So a few days ago I had a few draws in 2vs2. It really started to bother me that I had to play for 45 minutes and get nothing out of it. It is especially a problem with the dps/healer vs dps/healer games.

So i decided to come up with a way to make 2vs2 a bit more attractive.

In battleground like Warsong Gulch the flag carrier gets a debuff if no one manages to kill him after a certain amount of time. I was thinking maybe that could be implemented in 2vs2 aswell. My theory is, that after 15 minutes into the 2vs2 game the players will recieve a debuff that increases damage taken by a minor amount, then after 30 minutes the debuff will increase a bit. This would help everyone getting that kill but also try and plan ahead. If the game is at 14 min then people have to start thinking about saving cd's to get a kill etc.
    This is only a problem in 2s as I see it so ofcourse it's not needed in 3s nor 5s. Besides it won't affect the people who decides to play a double dps setup, because their games rarely last more than 10 minutes anyway.

Is this something you devs have thought about?

Personally I enjoy playing 2s just to hang out with a friend etc. However 2s can easily become something less exciting when the games are so long.
    I think it's an easy change and it won't affect 2vs2 in anyway, besides making the games a bit shorter and more exciting.

No, no, just no.

Arenas would turn into a game of surviving for 15min or even 30 min instead of forcing defensive CDs then blowing your offensive CDs to get a kill.

Additionally, I've been in arenas for 30 min until we've gotten a kill, which was based on getting our CC and burst timing just right. If everyone of your matches is going the full 45 min then there are at least three problems I can think of:

1. You're playing too defensively
    2. You're healers are far superior to the dps and you should adjust your team accordingly
    3. You're healers aren't helping CC targets or produce situations for optimal uptime on targets.

First post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeaaaaah no.

I like feeling out the other team and exploiting its weaknesses.

Even if it takes 20+ minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjenka View Post
    1. You're playing too defensively
    2. You're healers are far superior to the dps and you should adjust your team accordingly
    3. You're healers aren't helping CC targets or produce situations for optimal uptime on targets.

First post?
    No it's far from all games that ends in a draw, however it does happen frequently that you play 30 min+.

Well I've been playing both druid/DK and druid/warrior (I'm the druid), and my DK/druid games didn't last more than 15 min usually. Although druid/war games can take quite a while since warriors are depending on their cd's a lot. When you play 2.2k+ the healers aren't stupid. They have all kinds of alert to help them when warriors pop cd's. So what happens is that they save their defensive cd's for that, and without cd's it's nearly impossible for a warrior to get a kill, especially against a resto shaman.

I am pretty sure there are other classes which are having problems getting kills. to mention a few then there are locks, rets, mages (teamed up with a healer) etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the 2nd poster said, i feel like itd turn into a waiting match :\ everyone would push their defensive CD's until the 15-30min mark and blow up a guy... idk. I play a hunter for my pvp toon, and sometimes a dk or warrior, and i dont have to many problems with bringing down a resto shammy on any of them. The trick is timing honestly, and depending upon the arena you get location as well. As a druid you should cycloneing the enemy healer almost right off the bat, or if your with your warrior buddy wait for him to get 3 stacks of slaughter up and then cyclone and let him go crazy on the other guy. Ret's arent haveing ANY trouble lol, i do 3's with a ret pally and he just runs in pops his wings and eats a guy in 1 roto. Dk's can eat peoples faces easy atm, they have a crazy amount of silences and CC's for a melee, almost as many as a warrior. Basicly this is what it sounds like to me...
    1.you gotta get more practice in with your arena buddies so you guys sync better
    2. make you sure you both know your roles, just cause your a healer doesnt mean you cant throw out a spell or two and CC is mandatory against a healer team, and likewise eventhou he's a facemelter he can still throw off the enemy healer as well.
    3. watch your CD's, if you cyclone the healer and help your dps friend burst the fuck outa the 1 guy youve just won

thats pretty much it, it just takes practice and focus to win, and increasing damage at a certain point wont help it go faster, it'll drag it out longer.
    Prepare your anus! THE EWOK DAWN COMES FOR YOU ARTHAS!!!