Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Longest boss encounter.

Which boss-encounter took most time to complete?
    I don't mean 4HM when it took 7 weeks total. I mean the encounter itself.
    And please, tell us how long the boss fight took. So we can see which one is the longest.
    Last edited by mmocbeb9a9065c; 2011-03-16 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the LK was a pretty long fight at first 8+ minutes? Yogg Definitely took a while also.

When I was progressing on Kil'jeaden, we wiped after 15mins on the boss, with much HP left. Our kill took us 25mins of pure focus
    I take two in the morning.
    I take two at night,
    I take two in the afternoon
    and then I feel alright.
    I take two in time of peace,
    I take two in time of war.
    I take two before I take two
    and then I take two more

well nefarian in old BWL was quite epic indeed. our first kill was something like 25 minutes or so.
    and you had to wait like 30 minutes between each wipe for the boss to reset.
    jeez those 20% wipes were annoying.

Kael'thas, hands down.

You had to sit through a 10 minute unskippable speech before the fight even started.

One could also Argue C'Thun if you can count the trash leading up to him as you most likely wiped a half dozen times and then spent 10 minutes running back each time.

And in a similar vain, there's the Twins in Sunwell. While a short fight in and of itself, you had to get all your shaman to hearth and respec resto, then someone would inevitably fall off the ledge and start the encounter, causing a wipe. This sequence repeated a half dozen times before you actually managed an intentional pull.

There's Broodlord in BWL if you can count the Suppression room.

What about Garr? Back then, you had to spend 15 minutes setting up tank targets. "ok, joe, take my target. got it? Ok dont change targets. Bob, take my target now. Got it? Cool. Jim, take my target" Then Joe goes "shit, i just lost my target". Starting over....
    Last edited by spiny; 2011-03-16 at 06:29 PM.

5 man Whale Shark lulz

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd say yoggy/LK/old nefar (when everyone was at lv 60) umm who else?

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    i'd say yoggy/LK/old nefar (when everyone was at lv 60) umm who else?
    Looks like you have blocked out memories of Kael'Thas as well, probably a defense mechanism.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nefarian, Illidan, Four horsemen, and Kael'thas all took over 20 minutes for most guilds to kill their first go. You would wipe long before 20 minutes on KJ, let alone 15.

razorgore comes to mind when i look very very far back :>

If I'm not mistaken, Azuregos (think that was his name) the dragon who used to roam around in Azshara, took something like 30min to kill.

LK, pfff 15 minutes or so

Illidan pre nerf was roughly 20 minute long fight maybe a bit longer. C'thun in Vanilla was insanely long as well. LK was short compared to both of those fights. Kael I didn't remember being that long either.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Kael prenerf. Illidan prenerf. Yogg. the trash to c'thun. BWL Nef

Yogg has an 15Min Enrage timer. (Which was sometimes hit if the melees needed too long for the Brain)

Kael'thas was pretty long too but i actually never watched how long it took.

10+ Year Old Account
    37mins in Nax... Dance boss forgot his name.... Dps was dead... tank and healer finished him off.

Illidan took a minute or 2. i remember seeing it being atleast 15-20 minutes for us.

A lot of the BC bosses could take up to 20 minutes to kill.

Like Magtheridon has a 22? minute enrage timer and I remember hitting it when we first started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yogg has an 15Min Enrage timer. (Which was sometimes hit if the melees needed too long for the Brain)

Kael'thas was pretty long too but i actually never watched how long it took.
    He didn't have an Enrage timer, but there was a psuedo-Enrage with the legendary weapons dissapearing 15 minutes after looting them. So 20 minutes or so at max for Kael sounds right.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II