Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    ...Blood Shield > Savage Defense. Quit complaining about it. And why, yes, I actually DO have a bear AND a Blood DK. BS > SD. SD pops no matter what hits you, BS degrades based on inc. damage, rather then an all or nothing. The mastery is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Blood Shield is definitely not bad.
    It surely isn't although his argument regarding aoe tanking holds still at least some truth of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khevis View Post
    ...Blood Shield > Savage Defense. Quit complaining about it. And why, yes, I actually DO have a bear AND a Blood DK. BS > SD. SD pops no matter what hits you, BS degrades based on inc. damage, rather then an all or nothing. The mastery is fine.
    oranges and apples - ferals have huge amounts of armor for that.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    It surely isn't although his argument regarding aoe tanking holds still at least some truth of course.

It is true, but I don't think that's necessarily a huge problem. I think it's fair that pallies and warriors get more use out of their mastery tanking aoe groups, since our mastery is better for single target tanking.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I don't give a good goddamn what you try to do, I just think it's kind of dumb to be saying you're taking too much magic damage to solo content that's above your level. You're not MEANT to solo it, the whole point is that it does enough damage to kill you without a healer.
    Last time I checked the content im trying to solo is my lvl, and not lvl higher then me. So that makes it easy like everything else in game with a healer. However when im solo I actualy have to pay attention. I was merely asking question about dk mechanics.

P.s. You really think i soloed all that stuff WITHOUT knowing off/using those abilities listed above?

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Last time I checked the content im trying to solo is my lvl, and not lvl higher then me. So that makes it easy like everything else in game with a healer. However when im solo I actualy have to pay attention. I was merely asking question about dk mechanics.

P.s. You really think i soloed all that stuff WITHOUT knowing off/using those abilities listed above?
    Last time i checked, the content you are trying to solo is meant for a group of 5 people. That doesn't mean that you can't solo it, but it definitely means that you can't cry foul if you can't. Try soloing that with pala, warr or bear and you won't just cry about magic dmg, but physical as well :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fichek View Post
    Last time i checked, the content you are trying to solo is meant for a group of 5 people. That doesn't mean that you can't solo it, but it definitely means that you can't cry foul if you can't. Try soloing that with pala, warr or bear and you won't just cry about magic dmg, but physical as well :P
    I wasnt crying how I cant solo smth, my original question was why doesnt dk mastery absorb magic dmg, but after i realised that its dk equivalent of block i stopped asking for anything. All i did past that point was explaining why i asked for smth like that.

K DK's have a vast amount of utilities to use to mitigate damage and self heal like Sengura posted above. No offense but u r probably just not using cd's appropriately or interrupting properly. I mean how many video's have u seen about DK's soloing shit. Me personally have soloed quite a few things in the game with less gear than the people from the video's. As for tanking maybe u need to adjust your rotation a bit for certain mobs and circulation of cd's I ended up soloing the 4th boss in H SFK yesterday as the rest of the party valiantly threw themselves at the boss in utter vain just to die for the 5th time running back into the fight from the beginning or SS or ankhing and gear on my alt dk is like 340 something. Might i suggest using outbreak, DS, pest. (AOE), for quick dots and blood shield if u know u are going to get hit hard quick u now have more time to use global cd's for the many other vast things to keep yourself alive.

Ferals haven't had much more armor than other tanks since 3.0

10+ Year Old Account
    If your taking more magic damage then other tanks (or anyone in general) then your doing something wrong. Get Mirror of Broken Images from TB and keep AMS on speed dial (I have mine glyph'd).
    Like nearly 100% of boss fights have repeatable and times AMS will soak a massive hit. Many of these apply even if you are DPS as they are often AoE / raid wide damage.
    Valiona and Theralion - Blackout (pop right before dispell) and twilight meteorite.
    Council - Rising Flames, Lightning Rod, Thundershock/Quake (if you couldn't get to the right buff), Electric Instability.
    Cho'gall - Flames Orders phase.
    <Insert all BWD bosses here that I'm to lazy to list out the specifics on>
    Tot4W - Everything Nezir does....

Again, if your AMS isn't on constant cooldown your probably doing something wrong...
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually DKs have more passive magic damage mitigation than most other tanks.

DK passive (all damage) mitigation: 8% from Blood Presence + 6% from Blade Barrier
    Warrior: 10% from Defensive Stance
    Paladin: 10% from Sanctuary
    Druid: 12% from Natural Reaction + 6% from Perseverance

So DKs take less magic damage than warriors and paladins, and a little bit more than druids. On Top of that DKs have more cooldowns and less cooldown on those cooldowns (Yo dawg I heard you like cooldowns so we... ) to mitigate magic damage compared to the other 3 tanking classes.

DK: AMS (75%, 45 sec), Bone Shield (20%, 1 min), Icebound Fortitude (50%, 3 min), Will of the Necropolis (25%, 45 sec, pseudo). If all else fails, Army of the Dead (probably around 30%, 10 min)
    Warrior: Shield Wall (40%, 2 min OR 60%, 4 min)
    Paladin: Divine Protection (20%, 1 min), Argent Defender (20%, 3 min), Guardian of Ancient Kings (50%, 3 min)
    Druids: Barkskin (20%, 1 min), Survival Instincts (50%, 3 min)
    Last edited by AetherMcLoud; 2011-03-17 at 06:44 PM.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really feel like i'm taking too much magic dmg when ams is on cd. I have alot of mastery but its useless on magic heavy fights. So im wondering should blood shield absorb magic dmg aswell? Absorbing all physical dmg just to have one spell take half of my hp doesnt sound fair.
    Save Bone Shield for those times, too, as it negates 20% of all damage. 50% from Icebound Fortitude - if you know a huge amount of magic damage is incoming, use it as well.

Unfortunately, Blood Shield is physical damage, only.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Unfortunately, Blood Shield is physical damage, only.
    It would be the single most overpowered thing in WoW if it would work against magic damage too.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I really feel like i'm taking too much magic dmg when ams is on cd. I have alot of mastery but its useless on magic heavy fights.
    So is every other tank's mastery. DKs get the added benefit of using the magic damage to help with bigger heals/blood shields, though. Other tanks just have to eat the damage or reduce it as best they can.

A DK should take the least amount of magic damage in the game. We have the 2nd highest passive mitigation (14% with Blade Barrier which should always be up) and the most cooldowns to help with that damage. Bears get the most passive mitigation (18%) but their cooldowns pale in comparison to ours. Use them wisely.
    Last edited by Achilles21; 2011-03-17 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Ferals haven't had much more armor than other tanks since 3.0
    Kinda depends on your definition on much.

Kinda depends on your definition on much.
    Heh yeah, considering bears have ~10k more than DKs right now, I'd consider that "much".

Actually, the DK 'block' mechanic is better than Paladins and Warriors right off for a couple reasons. As has been stated, the DS portion will heal back damage taken as magic damage. Arguably this is simply damage you could have healed back from a physical attack instead, however the BS absorb SIZE does not discriminate on the source damage.

Taking damage from magic sources will contribute to the size of your next DS/BS. So in essence DKs do in fact mitigate magic damage. 15% of ANY damage taken will go to your next DS heal, and then add another 15-20% physical shield on top of that -- a physical shield buffed by magic damage taken.

While you may only absorb physical damage with your blood shields, the amount of damage those shields absorb is a factor of all damage you take, including magic damage.

So, ITT, level 80 DK QQing that he can't solo Cata dungeons. It's not MEANT to be soloed at level 80. At 85 in epics maybe, but at 80, of course not. You're asking for something impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay...I think this thread has gone on long enough. The OP's question has been answered and currently there's not much discussion going on here aside from a few borderline flames.