Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mike "The Situation" on The Comedy Central Roast of Donald

The following is hard to watch. Anyone who did not get the pleasure of seeing this. The Situation, from Jersey Shore. If your memory is bit foggy, it's about a show where people get paid to party and flim on air drama, which did pretty well in the ratings. However this video is nearly painful to watch.

Mike starts off with a few jokes, then his pokes seem to get a bit personal. You can nearly hear a pin drop if there was one. I am not sure how much of this actually made it on TV. However it's a rare moment, when a cleb is booed off stage.

Judge for yourself, post what you think.

Youtube video, it's safe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCA8XldqC6M

Last's four minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was watching that last night. We actually turned it on right before he went up to do his bit. He tanked something fierce when he was up there. The cracks they're making are supposed to be personal, he's just not a funny guy and he made a lot of just bad jokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Addamus View Post
    I was watching that last night. We actually turned it on right before he went up to do his bit. He tanked something fierce when he was up there. The cracks they're making are supposed to be personal, he's just not a funny guy and he made a lot of just bad jokes.
    regretted that I could not watch it. Are you saying the jokes are meant to be mean and hurt full. To me it just looks like Mike got a little too personal, without the comedy factor. I would have so hated to be him at that moment. He just looks so out of place. Someone get him a drink.I believe that is what made him famous? oh well I doubt that would work on this crowd.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was really painful to watch but funny in the fact that he tanked his comedy debut. Everyone else was funny, even Larry King. Never though I would say that.

He was actually pretty funny for the first 45 seconds, as soon as he got to that whitney chick it went downhill really quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. I hope this knocks the shit head down 50000x notches.

Lmao I love when snoop pulls out a cigar during one of his garbage jokes. Damn this guy is awful

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont get his jokes and had to stop half way because i believed the other 2 minutes that are left could be used somewhere better.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Good. I hope this knocks the shit head down 50000x notches.
    It won't. Apparently, when he went back to his seat, he whispered to somebody that he thought it went pretty well. In other words, he's a moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    regretted that I could not watch it. Are you saying the jokes are meant to be mean and hurt full. To me it just looks like Mike got a little too personal, without the comedy factor. I would have so hated to be him at that moment. He just looks so out of place. Someone get him a drink.I believe that is what made him famous? oh well I doubt that would work on this crowd.
    Yes, the jokes are supposed to be personal 'attacks'. That's why it's called a roast. The comedians are burning the guest of honor. It's kind of how a lot of people are with their close friends, always cracking jokes at each other. You know it's all in jest, so it doesn't bother you. That's what roasts are all about. But he just sucked at it and tanked hard and fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

You guys do realize that this guy didn't actually write any of the jokes he said right? Whenever a non-comedian i.e. snoop or larry king does a roast they have other comedian(s) write their material. So either whoever he got to write for him is terrible or they did a terrible job on purpose.

When I first saw he was part of the roast I got a little excited because I knew it was going to fail so bad.

It went exactly as I expected too.

Quote Originally Posted by typezer0 View Post
    You guys do realize that this guy didn't actually write any of the jokes he said right? Whenever a non-comedian i.e. snoop or larry king does a roast they have other comedian(s) write their material. So either whoever he got to write for him is terrible or they did a terrible job on purpose.
    This.

He was probably paid to bomb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by typezer0 View Post
    Milton Berle (RIP) could have written this guy's material and he still would have tanked...he's an absolute airhead....I honestly don't 'get' why some of these people (Jersey Shore cast, Paris Hilton, Lindsay, etc) have any kind of fame at all anyway? Famous for doing NOTHING but showing how ignorant, self-centered, and materialistic they are....<sigh>

I don't have any links for you, but if you want to see how the whole televised Roasts started, go to Youtube and search "Dean Martin's Celebrity Roasts"....These guys, oh man....You will ROLL ON THE FLOOR at this stuff...I mean honest, stich-in-your-side from laughing so hard....Some notably hilarious guys : Foster Brooks (and no, he was never drunk while playing a drunk), Peter Faulk (as Columbo Roasting Frank Sinatra); Dean Martin himself; Don Rickles; among others....

And if you want to see how class is done, watch Orson Wells roasting Jimmy Stuart (although he didn't do the usual funny insults, he honored the man)....

Oh, and typezer0, Snoop does write his own material...He's been doing the roasts for a while, and besides...The man wrote a lot of his own Rap...the man knows how to write with emotion....Plus, he's funny as hell.

Best line of the night in regards to the "Situation" was when Jeff Ross (Roast Master General) said, "....I"m looking forward to the "Cancellation".

"Fall 7 times, stand up 8" Something I learned from a Japanese friend, in the "Major Japanese Earthquake" Thread...

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing funny about his bit was how bad it was. It was so painful to watch, I had to punch myself in the balls just to feel something pleasant.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I fell asleep right before this, I guess I had dodged a bullet. (until I just came back and ran directly back in front of it) I hope you're right and he didn't write any of this material because it was pretty bad. Even with the jokes at the beginning which were kind of funny, his execution kind of took away from that in my opinion.

Good on Jeff Ross for trying to help him out up there though.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They cut about 3/4 of his routine, including, but not limited to a crack towards Snoop Dogg about slavery.

It was pretty bad, but you all must realize... he very likely didn't write all of those jokes, he was just stupid enough to take them on stage and perform them. Though, how can you blame him? He probably got paid 100k to go up there and tank, but you also have to think after watching several of those roasts myself... there's no holds barred. Every single one of them crack racial, sexist jokes that you would never hear outside of a club show (read: not televised on Comedy Central). Lampenelli being one of the worst in regards to very critical and obvious black jokes. But when it's someone a lot of people generally don't like, it's all of a sudden crossing the line and he's condemned for it. While he tanked, and I laugh hysterically at his misfortune, I also have to laugh at the obvious double standard that is being applied to him just because he's a douche.

just to clarify: I'm speaking more towards a lot of the comments I see (not necessarily here specifically) about his racial jokes that they cut. He got paid to tank, but the arguments about the content of his performance is just absurd when the other people are equally if not more offensive.

I honestly don't 'get' why some of these people (Jersey Shore cast, Paris Hilton, Lindsay, etc) have any kind of fame at all anyway? Famous for doing NOTHING but showing how ignorant, self-centered, and materialistic they are....<sigh>
    While she's a walking catastrophe, Lindsay Lohan earned her fame, albeit at a young age. Now she just perpetuates a very early fall from stardom by ridiculous behavior. Replace Lohan with Kim Kardashian, and I like your list.
    Last edited by skylla05; 2011-03-16 at 09:45 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

I can't get over his hair. Fucking Jersey, what happened there?

It was extremely painful to watch.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah it was sooo bad like a train wreck that you cant stop watching even though its such a horrible tragedy