Thread: Searing Pain?

Searing Pain?

An older warlock told me I should be using Searing Pain. It's not even mentioned in the Destro Guide, Is this some kind of old school advice?

Tooltip says it causes "high threat"....
    Sounds like an off tank spell that I want no part of right now and I'm going to banish it to my Spell Book. Are my instincts correct?

You were either trolled, he's misinformed or he was talking about pvp or something.

Deleted
    Only use It when you're off-tanking or tanking something.

You're correct, the older warlock is either stuck in an old patch (SP used to have a higher crit chance on low health targets) or misleading you.

Improved Searing Pain talent.

I don't know about locks, but this seems like it would be nice to spam with.

However, from glancing over the talent tree... Searing Pain doesn't synergize with other talents at all, so it looks like its spellbook filler.

Thanks for the confirmation.

He's been a warlock since day one, but I don't think he's keeping up with the patches much. I don't think he was pulling my leg.

Yeah, this is what he was talking about.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    You're correct, the older warlock is either stuck in an old patch (SP used to have a higher crit chance on low health targets) or misleading you.

Yeah, last i checked, Fel Flame is nearly the same dmg as searing pain without the casting time. Its pretty much a dead spell at the moment. Fel flame's dmg + refresh makes it much more viable in pvp atleast. I dont pve much.

Quote Originally Posted by cuervos View Post
    Improved Searing Pain talent.

I don't know about locks, but this seems like it would be nice to spam with.

However, from glancing over the talent tree... Searing Pain doesn't synergize with other talents at all, so it looks like its spellbook filler.
    It was when searing pain hit like a truck, y'know, the first week of Cata. Or 4.0, I forget how long they left it like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

The lock who told you that may have been misinformed. A while back don't remember if it was during the release of Cata or during the preview week(s) of talents, Searing pain was doing more dmg than it was intended, it was later fixed.

It's most likely that this lock was trolling you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolist View Post
    The lock who told you that may have been misinformed. A while back don't remember if it was during the release of Cata or during the preview week(s) of talents, Searing pain was doing more dmg than it was intended, it was later fixed.
    Oh, it was totally intended in order to give the spell some purpose and workaround our long ramp up for short fights when threat wouldn't matter. The developers thought - wrongly - that high threat would prevent/deter people from using it in raids and such. It did not. That particular buff to the spell lasted less than 12 hours on the live servers.

Deleted
    In PvE i guess it's only used to build threat for some reason.
    For PvP you will want to use it as affliction when your shadow spells are locked to maximise damage