Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

So I just had my 1st lucid dream...

I bought 2 books from Stephen LaBerge, a dream researcher a few weeks ago if anyone is interested in leaning about this. This is my 1st ever lucid dream from last night.

I was walking up to this eleavator, had wierd surroundings like it was surrounded by stone. The button was on the left side but it wasnt normal. It was maybe the size of a tissue box and it had thies red glowing runes covering it.

As i walk up to it i said to myself "man thats not normal, thats a wierd looking button. thats becasue IM DREAMING" and i remember feeling super excited and i said to myself "wait, i have to check if im dreaming or not. i have to look away and back at the runes to see if they change then i will know". I looked away for a second and back and the runes changed a bit and glew more. then i started yelling I DID IT I DID IT

then i woke up

That was it, was very short. It was such an amazing feeling when i realized i was dreaming.

Have any of you had a lucid dream before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    I on occasion take a dump in the shower so I don't have to wipe but never pee in there. That is just gross!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.
    Signatures are overrated.

Deleted
    I mostly have part-lucid dreams,but the problem is that I forget them so fast!

Deleted
    i take it, lucid dreams are dreams where you have control of and you are aware of the fact that you're dreaming?
    I have had many of those dreams :x

Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.
    thats the spirit

The coolest thing to do when you have a lucid dream is fly. That or have sex with a beautiful woman..

Deleted
    I used to be into that a lot when I was a bit younger, was quite interesting, managed to induce a few of them. Most of them were similar to yours, once you realise you are dreaming you tend to wake up, and a couple where I could do stuff, never managed to get to a complete control stage before I stopped trying though. I used to use the pinch your nose and try to breath in through it method of detecting if you are awake or not

They can be fun, but watch out as you might not want to face your nightmares awake.
    And yes that's meant to be interpreted literally.

Also, power corrupts and absolute power corupts absolute, while not entirely true it might be wise to keep it in mind, playing god in your dreams might not be so beneficial to your mind when awake.

Edit: Yes it's possible to acquire complete control, which is why i mention the "power corrupts" thing, might induce megalomania and the like.

Edit 2: It's also kinda strange to experience a dream world that makes absolutely no sense and follows your every will... it's not alike to any physical feelings, it's neither seeing, hearing, smelling, feeling, tasting or even imagining...
    Last edited by Arshan; 2011-03-17 at 12:44 AM.
    People who think they can reason with me are clearly unreasonable.

Practicin' drawing and writing too, might even post a story or two. (no rhyme intended)

Note to beer-fans: Beer's for pussies, mead's for men.

Deleted
    Would scare the shit out of me, I have a freind who learnt to make himself lucid dream, now he gets regular sleep paralysis. I prefer my dreams noninteractive and making no sense like usual.

I've had a lucid dream once.

It is not for young eyes to read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post
    Would scare the shit out of me, I have a freind who learnt to make himself lucid dream, now he gets regular sleep paralysis. I prefer my dreams noninteractive and making no sense like usual.
    Ah man I had one instance of that which really freaked me out, could see everything going on but couldnt move, people outside the room etc, then a ghost baby crawled through the door and floated towards me as I must have been slipping into a dream again, freaky.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have had only 2 lucid dreams and i must say their amazing....when you wake up your like WHAT THE HELL!? go back to sleep NOW!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwuman View Post
    I bought 2 books from Stephen LaBerge, a dream researcher a few weeks ago if anyone is interested in leaning about this. This is my 1st ever lucid dream from last night.

I was walking up to this eleavator, had wierd surroundings like it was surrounded by stone. The button was on the left side but it wasnt normal. It was maybe the size of a tissue box and it had thies red glowing runes covering it.

As i walk up to it i said to myself "man thats not normal, thats a wierd looking button. thats becasue IM DREAMING" and i remember feeling super excited and i said to myself "wait, i have to check if im dreaming or not. i have to look away and back at the runes to see if they change then i will know". I looked away for a second and back and the runes changed a bit and glew more. then i started yelling I DID IT I DID IT

then i woke up

That was it, was very short. It was such an amazing feeling when i realized i was dreaming.

Have any of you had a lucid dream before?
    Years ago in my teen years I dreamt a lot, and by chance I had a lucid dream. After that one I had several others and it was really awesome. Nowadays I rarely dream unless I sleep during the day, which is almost always a guaranteed time I will dream for some reason.
    I've also, several times, managed to "restart" a dream after having woken up. Maybe it's because it takes so much time for me to actually wake up

If you think about something a lot during the day and just as you are in bed to sleep, you have a high chance of dreaming about it. It takes some practice to be able to focus on something so much that it sticks with you, but usually you might do it subconcioussly when there is something you've done which you really liked, or really hated.

And man do I have some messed up dreams. Last time it was about a time-travelling goat that cleaned apartments.

Dreams are the best form of entertainment for me.
    Last edited by mmocb5732d201a; 2011-03-17 at 12:49 AM.

Deleted
    I have lucid dreams every few months, they're quite odd but I never really thought much else of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    I've had three... In fact I had my most recent one just last week. I was about to start a - INSERT EUPHEMISM FOR THE 'O' WORD HERE - after I realized... but woke up before it could get that far. :P
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

I frequently have lucid dreams. Neat experiences!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah all the time.

I've been trying to induce them now and again, but a dream diary seems so... weird, plus the fact that I rarely remember anything about my dreams or if I even dream at all so keeping track of it is muchos difficult.

I did have one randomly though, I was standing talking to some old friend, and all of a sudden SWIMMING CONTEST, except we had to go down some stairs to get to the water, and I was like "fuck that" and jumped off the edge of where we were standing, and I swear I could feel my chest skim the smooth stone tiles and then BOOM hit the water, swam under a waterfall, into the cave (The surroundings were all tiled as well like at a pool, was pretty weird) grabbed the chest of gold and swam back in like 2 strides, jumped up the stairs in 2 steps and won, and THEN I woke up. Needless to say, best dream ever.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not really. I mean, once I was in a dream, and then I went to sleep in the dream, and when I woke up (I had a weirdass dream, geeky stuff :P) I realized I was dreaming, but things were happening already (Like meeting people) and I couldn't just evade them, so I wasn't in control. Not fully lucid I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkeh View Post
    Ah man I had one instance of that which really freaked me out, could see everything going on but couldnt move, people outside the room etc, then a ghost baby crawled through the door and floated towards me as I must have been slipping into a dream again, freaky.
    That remins me of something I read about ages ago, I googled it and clicked on the first site:

"Sleep paralysis goes by a number of names, including the "old hag" in Newfoundland (for an old witch thought to sit on the chest of the paralyzed sleeper), "kokma" in the West Indies (for a ghost baby who jumps on the sleeper's chest and attacks the throat), "kanashibari" in Japan and "gui ya" or ghost pressure in China (because a ghost is believed to sit on and assault the sleeper). Medically, sleep paralysis is sometimes called waking paralysis, predormital (before-sleep) paralysis, postdormital (after-sleep) paralysis, and REM sleep atonia."

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/...rticlekey=9806