Thread: Saved raid IDs

Saved raid IDs

Is it just me, or is anyone else sick and tired of these idiots who have yet to figure out 10/25 share the same lockouts? Playing these 30minute to 1hour games of "whose already saved to the boss" is getting old, then having to reform is just plain idiotic. Implement something in this game so we can also inspect others lockouts so intelligent people can weed the idiots out PLEASE!!!

(this post refers mainly to BH pugs btw if you haven't figured that out already)

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol yes I relate, though it is definitely worth noting you do NOT have to reform. This is something that I think everyone who has ever been in one of my BH raids where someone was saved has tried to tell me. It is not true. All you have to do is get the saved person out of the raid, make sure everyone is outside, right click your character frame, and click reset all instances. This clears the lockout and allows you to get a fresh one (presuming you dont have someone else saved in raid also :P). So yeah that makes it a lot less irritating, though still annoying when ppl won't admit to being the locked out one heh.

Deleted
    It's true, a better warning system would be awesome and would probably be easy for Blizzard to implement.

Stop pugging it in the first place and do it with your guild?

And if that isn't possible, then just ask before inviting people if they can check their raid lockouts. Just copy/paste it to every player who /w's you. It's probably less of hassle then making 8 or 23 others wait while you try to find out who's saved after you all try to zone in.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralan View Post
    Stop pugging it in the first place and do it with your guild?

And if that isn't possible, then just ask before inviting people if they can check their raid lockouts. Just copy/paste it to every player who /w's you. It's probably less of hassle then making 8 or 23 others wait while you try to find out who's saved after you all try to zone in.
    you can ask them all you want, doesn't mean they aren't retarded and say they aren't saved and find out when u have to reform that they were. this has happen many times on high population servers. alot of people have alts that they need to pug raids on cause they cant bring them all to a main run
    http://www.pverogues.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledragon View Post
    That poor rat.
    Why didn't anyone throw it a brez?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firion View Post
    User: And I was like, baby baby baby ooooh.
    Cleverbot: I hate justin bieber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the HC and normal share the same lockout?
    If i kill Halfus HC 25 can i also kill Halfus 25 normal?

Quote Originally Posted by aeluna View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else sick and tired of these idiots who have yet to figure out 10/25 share the same lockouts? Playing these 30minute to 1hour games of "whose already saved to the boss" is getting old, then having to reform is just plain idiotic. Implement something in this game so we can also inspect others lockouts so intelligent people can weed the idiots out PLEASE!!!

(this post refers mainly to BH pugs btw if you haven't figured that out already)
    fully agree - this need implementing sharpish BUT as a solution for your problem, as the a raid leader, invite one person - get THAT person to go and sit in the instance and wait - that guarantees that your raid will have its own ID, no matter who you invite from that point on. so then when you have invited your full raid and one guy "lol cant get in" then you know who it is and can kick his stupid ass there and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Did the HC and normal share the same lockout?
    If i kill Halfus HC 25 can i also kill Halfus 25 normal?
    Heroics are even worse

If you kill Halfus heroic, not only are you saved to Heroic, you are saved to a UNIQUE ID for that Instance Format. Meaning that if you ONLY down 25 heroic Halfus, you can not only not join anyone else's random's 25 man normal to continue progression, you also can not do any 10 man version of that instance.

Once you do a heroic, you are stuck with that raid number (10 or 25) and that specific ID, for the rest of the week. Which basicly means that puging heroics is going to be literally non existant.

It gets even better when you realise that (i think) for most Heroic instances even attempting a boss on heroic will save you to the Instance.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2011-03-17 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Heroics are even worse

If you kill Halfus heroic, not only are you saved to Heroic, you are saved to a UNIQUE ID for that Instance Format. Meaning that if you ONLY down 25 heroic Halfus, you can not only not join anyone else's random's 25 man normal to continue progression, you also can not do any 10 man version of that instance.
    Not really, the whole Unique ID system is ONLY for hc mods. If you're saved for an unique id for halfus heroic, you can progress on HEROIC only with the same raid group. However, if you want to join normal PuG for Valiona and Next, you're saved only for Halfus, so no probs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm not sure than HC lockouts it's diffent than the rest.
    Since there is boss only lockout and not raid ID you should be able to do

Raid Group 1
    HC Halfus
    N V&T
    H Council

Raid Group 2
    N Cho'gall

Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    It gets even better when you realise that (i think) for most Heroic instances even attempting a boss on heroic will save you to the Instance.
    This is wrong.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-03-17 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoz View Post
    Not really, the whole Unique ID system is ONLY for hc mods. If you're saved for an unique id for halfus heroic, you can progress on HEROIC only with the same raid group. However, if you want to join normal PuG for Valiona and Next, you're saved only for Halfus, so no probs.
    I dont think that is right. I am pretty sure that once you do any heroic, you are locked to that ID and that specific Raid Player Number.

So say you do heroic Halfus 25.
    Yes, You CAN continue progression to do Normal V&T 25, but ONLY if you invite other people to YOUR raid ID. Because you are saved to a unique ID due to the Heroic Kill, you would not be able to zone in to another person's 25 man pug. They would all have to permanently save themselves to YOUR 25 man ID.

Likewise, you would be completely unable to join ANY 10 man BoT, because you are saved to a 25 man heroic ID.

This is the way it works with Heroic ICC (I know, because I joined a group for a pug 25 Light of Dawn Kill, and when they failed to do it, they tried to downsize to a Bane Run and could not, because they were saved to the 25 man ID), and I am unaware of any special differences between ICC heroic locks and any Cata Raid Heroic Locks.