Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    If I was false then you all know that raggy/nef/c'thun do less damage & have less health correct? Yeah my point proven. Back during 1.12 rag had 1.4m health. Now he has approx 1m...tell me how I'm wrong there?
    Back during 1.12, boss hit points were hidden. Despite my best efforts...I have been unable to find anywhere that discusses the hit points of Ragnaros from when it was raiding content. This includes a couple of different strategy guides. The only thing I found was this following link:

http://wowraiding.com/40man/mc/bosses/mc_ragnaros.php

Note the estimated hit points found on that page. If there was a nerf to vanilla content, this post is the first I have ever heard of it. Admittedly the most I was raiding in vanilla was ZG pugs, as I didn't hit 60 until about 2 months before BC came out, but I have found nothing to support your claim that there was a nerf in vanilla, and the only thing I HAVE found supports the opposite.

As we explained, the nerf in BC was done specifically because of the change to game mechanics. The bosses in SWP were designed under the assumption that the raid would have drums and heroism up nearly 100% of the time. Both mechanics were changed so that they couldn't be chained in 3.0, so they nerfed the bosses. This same need was not present in Vanilla, nor was it present in Wrath, so I see no reason for them to nerf the content.

To answer your question, no they have not done a sweeping nerf as they did in BC. If they did, it would have been in 4.0. There is no reason to nerf it now that it is no longer relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    The icc nerf wasnt a nerf.

It was a buff to the players by 30%, therefore also a nerf to the dungeon by 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova View Post
    As we explained, the nerf in BC was done specifically because of the change to game mechanics. The bosses in SWP were designed under the assumption that the raid would have drums and heroism up nearly 100% of the time. Both mechanics were changed so that they couldn't be chained in 3.0, so they nerfed the bosses.
    that doesnt explain why they lowered their damage as well

Sooo, from Lvl 80 - 85 a 300-400% increase in player HP and a massive DPS increase wasn't enough for you to go kill KT?
    Quote Originally Posted by danielu100 View Post
    gharld fu cked name,all my friends are playing on this patch and its going fine,u fu cking ugly kid go comment ur mother face not here, morron shit.
    50% nerdrage, 50% wut? o.O

The 30% nerf was due to the new combat system. We didn't get a new combat system, so nothing was changed.

the buff in icc is wotlk nerf

Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    Warriors had their ability to keep their shield block up 100% of the time. I don't remember if there were changes for the other tanks as well, but that was one of the reasons for the decreased damage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    Heroism/Bloodlust/drums affect healers, too.

The 3.0 nerf to bosses was intended due to changes in mechanics. You could no longer use potions more than once per fight, people could not move groups mid combat to chain bloodlusts, and many class mechanics changed dramatically. Though this nerf was above and beyond the level of compensation that was necessary for these changes, that was the intent of nerfing the bosses. If you need nerfs for WotLK content, then I don't know what to tell you. My guild went back to do heroic Lich King 25 on alts for 2 of our raiders that wiped with us for months but didn't get in on our kill. It was a joke, especially considering 23 of us had killed him on our mains during Wrath. Other bosses would be even more of a joke considering they were intended to be killed in 258 gear and below.

You are basically saying, in BC and in Vanilla raids were made easier after the content became obsolete (although there's no proof for vanilla, I'd like to see where you saw that Ragnaros had 1.4M hp before the 'nerf', since you couldn't see HP at the time) so the same should happen for Wrath content.

Difference is, people were beating ICC without any buffs, and they were doing it at 80. There was even a heroic LK kill without any ICC % buff (they clicked it off to do the fight), over time, they started buffing all players who entered ICC to help less skilled/practiced players have a crack at downing harder content. The highest and current buff is 30%, since the place has been cleared with a 0% buff, having a 30% buff AND being level 85 should be plenty, don't complain. I assume you're complaining because you want to try and solo some of it, depending on your class, that's already possible without a buff. If you can't do that, go find something else to do, you might as well demand cheat codes, if you want an easy game go get DA2.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

WOTLK raids already included a 50% nerf as a basic, if you check back on the posts people were shocked to see how easy all the raiding/dungeons were.
    They were easy at start, and got even more easy by the end (5-6 minutes heroic dungeon runs).
    There is no need to further nerf the nerf.

Deleted
    if you struggle with wotlk easy mode content at level 85 then im sorry sir/madam i do not think this is the correct game for you!

People already made Light of dawn a welfare title , should have been removed in 4.0.3 but w/e its done and it QQing about it won't get it removed from people who've done it recently.
    Last edited by mmoc5ebf23c88f; 2011-03-17 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    30% hp nerf came when BC and Wotlk came, but blizzard saved some time by just giving the buff in icc - Like who did progress in naxx or ulduar when 4.0.3 came
    I tried to sleep on my keyboard - Not a good idea, WASD on the cheek in the morning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    ...I dont remember ANY wide-array 30% nerf to bosses when BC came out...but i may be forgetting it.

ICC Buff. +30% Health and Damage.

They didnt need to nerf anything.
    They nerfed the bosses health with 20 or so %. People started puging sunwell fgs :c

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    They nerfed the bosses health with 20 or so %. People started puging sunwell fgs :c
    Note he said when BC came out, as in they nerfed vanilla. Not that BC was not nerfed. That is well known, seeing as it was in the patch notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sableye View Post
    Man our healers were stumped, including the tree
    I see what you did there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

15+ Year Old Account
    In the cookie jar. Stay The F*ck Away From It.
    Wasn't the Exp required to advance to the next level nerfed? May be wrong though.
    Abandon all hope to humanity and you won't be disappointed in random LFGs.

My Rogue

And waay too many alts

Quote Originally Posted by rinda View Post
    3.0 was the 30% bc nerf
    3.0 was not when BC came out.

...I dont remember ANY wide-array 30% nerf to bosses when BC came out...but i may be forgetting it.

And it never needed to happen in WoTLK. Last time I levelled a hunter, and was in ToC (3rd raid tier) 2-3 weeks after I hit level 80... There was never a need to nerf something that got shipped with nerf built in.

Why would you nerf already something wayy too easy? Oh right, im not even gonna say it.