Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Boley View Post
    its a great idea dont get me wrong... but it seems like the same stuff we have already seen, where is the new ideas?
    That was another thing I was thinking. It seems to be a Ulduar mashup. It has Kolo, Yogg, Vessax mechanics. If Blizz had produced it there would be people who QQ about nothing new.

But if implemented in a new way as the OP listed, then it should be a great experience.

Deleted
    Thanks for the creative comments everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sakino View Post
    The class calls are pretty unbalanced. And it looks like a call for super class stacking. Maybe alright for a hard mode, but not a normal.

Priest healers would be god for the fight. Step out of group and heal like normal. 2 druid healers would rape the raid. Also what do you do if you have two druid tanks. Druid tanks also could "cheat" and use cooldowns and go cat just before a class call.
    Why take mages if taking rogues, moonkins, hunters, and priests all are significantly less dangerous to your raid?

I think it should be a class/player call, a set ability for each class/spec like your talking about, but only on one or 2 people. Not everyone in the raid of said class, in a 10 man, I think that's too harmfull to the raid setup (it would work nice in a 25 man though).

Also think some classes need tonning up (priests, hunters, rogues, and moonkins aren't a danger at all, while mages require the killing of 3 adds at 150k hp plus, that all do the same damage as the mage iitself (maybe make each add only do 50 percent main mages damage).

Maybe brain damage should be some sort of silence instead, in its current state, it has 0 effect on mana users. Maybe something like
    Brain Damage: everytime you use an ability, you brain misfires impulses, knocking you to the ground for 1.5 seconds or something?

Basically I think it needs to shy just a bit away from the fact that it has so many abilities that call for class stacking.
    And yes, if you actually think about that is true. Maybe i should add an silence effect / spell lock for mana users. Maybe: When you cast a spell with manacost the spell you casted is locked for 10 seconds. Or just a simple 3 sec silence after every cast?

Keep feeding me with some great ideas people And thats what i was thinking but i think i didnt make my point there that the class specific effects only come to a single player or two of the same class.

Got any great ideas for the hunters, moonkins, resto druids or priest? Maybe priests should just get a fear on them selves as well, so they cant controll where they are running so that every other player must avoid the priest?

Moonkins could summon hostile treants? Starfall on the raid?

Mages should just summon those mirrors with less health and damage, or just a single mirror with 100% health and damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    There are a lot of mechanics, but I would prefer it that way. If you have a single boss instance, it should be hard enough to take up a couple of hours. Having something that PuGs will farm isn't any more interesting than BH.

The class thing is completely unbalanced. You could have it so all tanks mitigate damage, all dps aoe and all healers heal the boss. That way it becomes a question of how many tanks/healers rather than which classes.

The anti-rage gain debuff is unbalanced also. I guess you're a caster and don't realise that rage bars get drained in 3 strikes.

Maybe I didn't read it in great detail, but jobs for the OT to do were a bit missing.
    True. A single boss instance should be harder than a normal raid instance.

If we come to think about it, maybe the first 10% should be just -50% regen on runes, runic power, rage, energy etc. It would be unfair compared to the casters if i change their think to be a silence / spell lock.

I dont want to change it to a healer/tank/dps specific because it would be too boring. Class + spec specific calls would make it interesting when i manage to find an almost balanced way on those.

And im gonna edit the original post soon, and i point out OTs job. Its taking aggro from the adds that spawn during some phases (Electrified Scraps) and kite them around the room without getting hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think in phase 4 when he starts channeling magnetic storm the damage should steadily build up from the beginning, rather than going 0 to 100000000 damage in under a second.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gunhound45 View Post
    I think in phase 4 when he starts channeling magnetic storm the damage should steadily build up from the beginning, rather than going 0 to 100000000 damage in under a second.
    Imo, i would love to it to be a wipe mechanic, if you dont have the dps you wipe, if you miss the interrupt you wipe. Very very very unforgiving. I could make it to an building up raid wide damage aura, but meh :/ Got any more good ideas?

---------- Post added 2011-03-18 at 09:27 AM ----------

Updated the original post! Please, do check out the Heroic mode skills and changes. Do also comment and share ideas