Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

i dont understand how people can fall for scams

it really doesn't make sense to me, you only need to think for about 5 seconds to realize what the guy is trying to sell to you is a scam.
    if they are too pushy its a scam, for example: BUY NOW! while its 75% off!!!
    if they are telling you an easy money making plan: if you had a pot full of gold will you tell everyone where you hid it? guess the answer
    if they are telling about a secret bank account over an email....
    if they are telling you can buy very cheap auctioned stuff for only 1 penny...
    if they are telling you about a secret herbal tea that will make you slim by drinking it every 3 days
    if you found a lover over the Internet telling you he/she has financial problems and needs your help then its a scam
    and the list goes on.

the point is if there is no profit or hardly any for the seller then its a scam, if its too good to be true its a scam, if it is too easy then its a scam.

i honestly don't understand how so many people fail to see these, and even if they are very hard to detect by a simple google search you can see countless posts about the scam.
    in my opinion anyone who gets scammed deserves to be for being stupid.

Because, sadly, people aren't skeptical enough.

I get a lot of Western Union has my monies. Maybe I should just tell them to wire it to my account instead

Seems the African banks don't have my cash anymore tho.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

The scams score big when they hit a coincidence. Someone happens to be doing work with bank X and the scammer just happens to be sending bank X mails out to everyone.

Also, the internet is still daunting for the older generations. They will take things seriously when a popup says they have a virus, because they don't know better.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm

kind of random, but its funny shit. People scamming the scammers.

Agreed. If I get any sort of e-mail from anyone whom I do not know or if one reeks of an attempt to persuade me of something, it gets deleted immediately. Even if it is a more cleverly constructed scam, it generally takes about 45 seconds to figure it out through searching google. There are several websites who do nothing but track crap like this, and if you are skeptical in any way of an e-mail sent, just take the time to look it up before screwing yourself.
    Last edited by Snivena; 2011-03-17 at 05:27 PM.

Some TV show on my country tried to scam them once.

They invited the guy from Africa to Belgium and kept annoying him. Like giving him a choclate with loads of tabasco in it. There's more but the it's a shame that loads of people still fall from it

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Because, sadly, people aren't skeptical enough.
    While true, I am skeptical of your response ;P

I can see how new players might fall prey to that, but I mean most wow players that have brain cells shouldn't

10+ Year Old Account
    Some scams r rly bad, but some scams are almost 95% of what blizzard would send you.

The most faulths are: not a donotreply & they always say give your acc name & pass etc

& Basicly cuz 12 year old kids say woooowww! or nooo my acc gonna get banned & bam hacked
    or virus

most dont, but scammers send thousands and thousands of scam email so statistically some people will always fall for one

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of IQ is the most common problem

But the prince of Nigeria personally picked me to withdraw 49 million British Pounds from his bank account!

(yes, I've gotten this scam email before)

Deleted
    WHAT? I AM THE 1 MILLIONTH PERSON AND I GET A PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZE?

Cheers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    it really doesn't make sense to me, you only need to think for about 5 seconds to realize what the guy is trying to sell to you is a scam.
    if they are too pushy its a scam, for example: BUY NOW! while its 75% off!!!
    if they are telling you an easy money making plan: if you had a pot full of gold will you tell everyone where you hid it? guess the answer
    if they are telling about a secret bank account over an email....
    if they are telling you can buy very cheap auctioned stuff for only 1 penny...
    if they are telling you about a secret herbal tea that will make you slim by drinking it every 3 days
    if you found a lover over the Internet telling you he/she has financial problems and needs your help then its a scam
    and the list goes on.

the point is if there is no profit or hardly any for the seller then its a scam, if its too good to be true its a scam, if it is too easy then its a scam.

i honestly don't understand how so many people fail to see these, and even if they are very hard to detect by a simple google search you can see countless posts about the scam.
    in my opinion anyone who gets scammed deserves to be for being stupid.
    People who are naive and perhaps not used to the internet, are often the ones to fall for it. I managed to save my father from a scam banner, and now he understands and won't fall for it again.
    But some scams are very clever and will fool just about anyone.

Haha, yeah. People who fall for that stuff are pretty ridiculous.
    I guess it's a money thing. Poor people are more prone to fall for the "zomg cheap!!1"
    scams which are really just trying to take the little money they have.

Luckily i am rich myself, the sole heir of a nigerian Prince, it turns out.
    They should be placing my wealth on my bank account as we speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are dumb? I was under the impression that everyone knew that by now.

I was scammed by posting on this link to the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    I was scammed by posting on this link to the thread.
    there are no refunds

Deleted
    Not all of them are scams. I got to enter a free prize draw to win a holiday. all i had to do is give my credit card numbers and they will call me if any of them are lucky. Hope i win.