Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Last of her Kind

"Obsidia is one of the last mature dragons that can continue the black dragonflight bloodline. She must be killed."

OK, I know WoW is a game about killing things to take their stuff, but I'm not doing this quest. A little slaughter and pillage is excusable because it's 'just a game' but seriously... this is genocide. Blizzard, I'm not sure I like you so much any more.
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk View Post
    but seriously... this is genocide. Blizzard, I'm not sure I like you so much any more.
    It's just a game. Chill.

It's a story, just like history, and sometimes in history, things become extinct...

She's also corrupt and breeding like a maniac to try and flood the world with more corrupt black dragons.

A purified egg is recovered in the same series of quest chains in that storyline. Quit being a baby and kill the evil fucker.

So you were OK with killing enough stuff to get to level ~84, but once you get to this quest you suddenly have ethics eh?

Deleted
    You missed one part that the Black Dragonflight is currupted and you cant convert them back and its not the last one theres a egg from a quest in badlands where you manage to to purge one egg and hopefully this will be the future for the black dragonflight.

I totally see what you're saying, and when I did that quest I was privately thinking "Whoah, I'm not sure how I feel about the Black Dragonflight dying out."

But for what it's worth, there is a questline in the Badlands that involves stealing Black Dragon eggs, purifying them of the evil of the Old Gods, and then secreting them away to grow and hatch into a race of redeemed, purified Black Dragons.

So it's not exactly genocide, it's just...a very aggressive kind of ethnic cleansing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    kill the evil fucker.
    Well put

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk View Post
    but seriously... this is genocide. Blizzard, I'm not sure I like you so much any more.
    You havent done "The diplomat"-achievement, have you? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight.

Years of poop quests, years of 'kill scores of wildlife and collect fabulous prizes' quests courtesy of Nesingwary, and quests from the Kalu'ak that involve stealing baby raccoon-men from their mothers, while bathing yourself in the blood of their alpha male didn't faze you - but some vague reference to purging a menace to every living creature gets under your skin?

Seek help.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't kill them, they will kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    She may be the one of the last black dragon, but they'res still many black drakes,whelps, and a few wyrms left. Not to mention many black dragons were incorporated into the twilight dragon flight.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-03-17 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zizfizziks View Post
    So you were OK with killing enough stuff to get to level ~84, but once you get to this quest you suddenly have ethics eh?
    Oh, it's definitely started to get old. But there's a difference between "kill 10 of the 100 rapidly spawning deer in this forest" and "these are the last of their kind in the world, kill the mother and the babies."

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    You havent done "The diplomat"-achievement, have you? :P
    Of course not!
    (Not on my pally - my rogue hates ogres and loves sanguine hibiscus, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Years of poop quests, years of 'kill scores of wildlife and collect fabulous prizes' quests courtesy of Nesingwary, and quests from the Kalu'ak that involve stealing baby raccoon-men from their mothers, while bathing yourself in the blood of their alpha male didn't faze you - but some vague reference to purging a menace to every living creature gets under your skin?
    Actually quite a few of the Wrath quests were cutting it fairly fine, I just didn't quite bother to post about them. I guess it's cuz I'm getting somewhat over the game as a whole these days. There were always quests I refused to do, though - that one from the undead woman in Undercity where she asks you to kill her husband and his new family, for instance. The only character I've done that on is my undead mage (and he's an evil bastard).

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    1. You're reading this. 2. Now you're saying/thinking that's a stupid fact. 4. You didn't notice that I skipped 3. 5. You're checking it now. 6. You're smiling. 7. You're still reading my comment. 8. You know all you have read is true. 10. You didn't notice that I skipped 9. 11. You're checking it now. 12. You didn't notice there are only 10 facts.
    14: I'm on a horse.
    Last edited by Ultralisk; 2011-03-17 at 04:26 PM.
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I wouldn't feel so bad killing a bad shit crazy black dragon. One quest did make me cringe a little though. The one in Azshara where you need to collect a goblin who turned to stone from the gaze of a Basilisk to see if the material he turned into would be profitable. When the quest giver realizes that the rock his slaves turned into was all crumbly and not good at all, he asks you to "refleshify" them so he could continue making profit out of them. D:

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

What's wrong with extinguishing of dangerous species? I like that red dragons at last showed some balls, I always thought they are total pancies.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Deleted
    I dont wanna be rude or so, but are you like, crazy or something? That's like saying "I dont wanna kill the bears in wow because they're cute hurr durr".

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    That's a little bit silly. You can destroy thousands of gnomes in Uldum in mere seconds, yet can't kill a single Black Dragon? For shame!
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

One of the last. Not the actual last.

Quote Originally Posted by Odexy View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't feel so bad killing a bad shit crazy black dragon. One quest did make me cringe a little though. The one in Azshara where you need to collect a goblin who turned to stone from the gaze of a Basilisk to see if the material he turned into would be profitable. When the quest giver realizes that the rock his slaves turned into was all crumbly and not good at all, he asks you to "refleshify" them so he could continue making profit out of them. D:
    I think that quest is just awesome. It's the peak of goblin culture. This one and the one in twilight highlands when they want you to retrieve the one part and all the goblins in prison are like "are you serious?!" It's great. It's goblin lore!