Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dragon Age 2 Discussion.

This thread is for people who LIKE the Dragon Age 2 game. Not for people who want to tell others that it's bad and that they shouldn't play it.
    I realize there is a 42 page thread about Dragon Age 2 Reviews, but since there isn't any discussion about the actual game, just whining and flame-wars, I wanted to put up a new thread to discuss the game with fellow DA2 players who enjoys it.

If you don't like the game, or don't have anything positive to post, or to contribute to the thread TOPIC, then please /shoo.
    This isn't a "DA:O vs DA2", "Bioware ruined DA2", "DA2 is consolized or whatever".

------------

To get that out of the picture, Dragon Age 2 time.

I've personally finished the game twice, once on a Rogue and once on a Mage on Normal mode. Currently I'm doing it on Hard with a Rogue Archer, and I'm very much enjoying it. I'm a bit buzzed about what talents to chose, but I think it's working out pretty good.

Also, anyone know about any other armor runes than +resistance and +armor? Or are those the only ones?
    Edit: Also, I've heard people have had a Dog as a pet, yet I can't find one.. Anyone know where/how/when it appears?

If you want a guide showing where to find companion armor, gifts, special tomes and backpacks, here's a brilliant list by Martagin on the Bioware forums. http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/6463281
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2011-03-18 at 06:37 PM.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 2 questions since I'm getting it tomorrow.

1. Exactly how much shorter is the story than in the first in terms of gameplay hours?

2. Can you still be an Arcane Warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post

1. Exactly how much shorter is the story than in the first in terms of gameplay hours?

Can't be a arcane warrior :|

Didn't get the first question, but i did the whole game in 45 hours i think, on normal, with most sidequests done.

---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    This thread is for people who LIKE the Dragon Age 2 game. Not for people who want to tell others that it's bad and that they shouldn't play it.
    I realize there is a 42 page thread about Dragon Age 2 Reviews, but since there isn't any discussion about the actual game, just whining and flame-wars, I wanted to put up a new thread to discuss the game with fellow DA2 players who enjoys it.

If you don't like the game, or don't have anything positive to post, or to contribute to the thread TOPIC, then please /shoo.
    This isn't a "DA:O vs DA2", "Bioware ruined DA2", "DA2 is consolized or whatever".

------------

To get that out of the picture, Dragon Age 2 time.

I've personally finished the game twice, once on a Rogue and once on a Mage on Normal mode. Currently I'm doing it on Hard with a Rogue Archer, and I'm very much enjoying it. I'm a bit buzzed about what talents to chose, but I think it's working out pretty good.

Also, anyone know about any other armor runes than +resistance and +armor? Or are those the only ones?
    Edit: Also, I've heard people have had a Dog as a pet, yet I can't find one.. Anyone know where/how/when it appears?
    The dog pet is a mabari, or something like that, it came with pre ordered versions

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i52.tinypic.com/hrlx1k.jpg

BEST MOMENT EVER

"and how did you do that?...0o"

Saddest moment ever I worked so hard to help her just to find a psycho had cut her head off and stuck it to a zombie

http://i56.tinypic.com/21afogg.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/2zdrp7k.jpg
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2011-03-17 at 07:59 PM.

1. Took 31 hours on my first run (2H Warrior, Hard)

2. No

10+ Year Old Account
    The game has great gameplay which is downgraded by problems running it on pc .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Deleted

1. Shorter actual gameplay, more cutscenes, around the same length.

2. No.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    The game has great gameplay which is downgraded by problems running it on pc .
    What problems? i have had 0 running it on pc with everything at max.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    1. Shorter actual gameplay, more cutscenes, around the same length.

2. No.
    Why are you even posting here if you didn't even play it? It's not the same length.

Anyways answering to elementium's post: No, you can't be arcane warrior and if you played origins in 55 hours it would probably take you 40 hours to complete Dragon Age 2.

The demo killed it for me, having to whack an enemy 100 times to kill it. I do like how you actually control your characters "auto" attacks and the mages seem more fun/smoother to play. I wouldn't buy it to be honest unless your the type of gamer that only gets in couple hours a week of play time then yea might be worth it but for the price of games these days and replays not offering much if anything at all different. Rent it a week should be more than enough time to get everything you want out of it.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Why are you even posting here if you didn't even play it? It's not the same length.

Anyways answering to elementium's post: No, you can't be arcane warrior and if you played origins in 55 hours it would probably take you 40 hours to complete Dragon Age 2.
    So you question my post, then turn around and basically say exactly what I was saying in return?

I had no idea I had to buy the game to talk about it.

Stop being a pedantic worm.

End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    http://i52.tinypic.com/hrlx1k.jpg

BEST MOMENT EVER

"and how did you do that?...0o"

Saddest moment ever I worked so hard to help her just to find a psycho had cut her head off and stuck it to a zombie

http://i56.tinypic.com/21afogg.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/2zdrp7k.jpg
    Thanks for the spoilers.

Deleted
    So you question my post, then turn around and basically say exactly what I was saying in return?

I had no idea I had to buy the game to talk about it.

Stop being a pedantic worm.

End of line.
    You said it was the same length, I told it's 1/3 shorter. And you didn't even play it.

Took me about 60 hours of gameplay to complete on Nightmare. Without giving away any spoilers, the game has been simplified a lot, sometimes for the better, other times for the worse, and the ending isn't quite as thorough as Origins or Awakening (Just skims over what happened after, rather than detailed story on each aspect).

Deleted
    You said it was the same length, I told it's 1/3 shorter. And you didn't even play it.
    Declared times 100% is a fallacy, because there are far to many variables to discuss.

But you are right, I was just trying to show a little compassion for the game, it looks to be near enough the same total length, with less gameplay and more flashy and pointless cutscenes.

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on if you want to go for a hard one or roll it easy you can spend just as much time as the the original.

lol warrior. how can you sleep at night if you can't open locked chest in prologue?? rog female only game. (obey obey do as I say)

37 hours of pure fun and I skipped dialogues with some boring side quest chars and Anders (he is ultra gay). played on casual.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Deleted
    Declared times 100% is a fallacy, because there are far to many variables to discuss.

But you are right, I was just trying to show a little compassion for the game, it looks to be near enough the same total length, with less gameplay and more flashy and pointless cutscenes.
    And seriously, the original poster clearly stated that this is discussion for people who liked the game, and you have stated many times that you don't so go trolling elsewhere.

Deleted
    And seriously, the original poster clearly stated that this is discussion for people who liked the game, and you have stated many times that you don't so go trolling elsewhere.
    Because I dislike the game it's called trolling now?

And a discussion without a negative point is just circlejerking.

10+ Year Old Account

As for the first, I finished Origins in about 60 hours /played, not including all side quests etc. I completed Dragon Age 2 with most side Quests on Normal difficulty in about 30 hours. With all side quests and nightmare, you're looking at 40 hours or more. Future expansions should continue the story though.

As for the Mage, No. Mages has 3 specializations, Force Mage (Basically you use Gravity magic, pretty neat), Spirit Healer (Same as DA:O more or less), and Blood Mage. Unfortunately, being a Blood Mage doesn't seem to affect the outcome of the story. The mage's attack animation is pretty bad-ass, though. A lot of the spells from DA:O are still in the game, with updated stuff. Really neat.

Rogue has Duelist, Shadow and Assassination, while Warrior has Templar, Reaver and Berserker. The rogue can be a Archer or Dual Wield Dagger, Warrior can use 2h weapon or 1h and shield.

Good thing about the new talent stuff is that you have a lot more free room to pick your talents and such, several different trees with good cc, damage, and damage/cc abilites. In general, really well made.

If you're getting it on the PC you should download the high-res texture pack, so you can put on "Very High" graphics.

Also, The Fiend and Howdyho, please stop the arguing <3
    Hi