Thread: Is this unfair?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    If you can't make it regular, then you shouldn't be on the raid team. But if they do take you then you should be able to roll on loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustle8 View Post
    Why do you expect to get loot over other people that show up 100% of the time? It isnt FAIR to them if you get loot for showing up 1 day a week, when they are the ones wiping all week to get those boss kills. Stop crying over it and go join a casual guild. Whats not fair is you thinking you deserve loot over the raiders who do all the dirty work.
    dumbass he isnt saying he deserves loot over all the others. just that when the others already have said items, why shouldn't he get it, I mean when he does raid he is putting work in it as well and being the top 3 in dps even tho he's the least geared, yea he deserves gear after the core raiders have it

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    I have a small business and I'm looking for a few more employees to work part-time. Some of my friends and relatives already work for me, so each day we'll see what is left over after they all get paid. But once they are all rich, we'll take care of you.

Trust me.

Once we are all rich, we won't suddenly lose interest in the business. We'll continue to work -- even though it has become completely boring and we aren't getting anything more out of it -- just to replace all those pay days we took from you. That is how good and generous we are.

Honest.

Complainers will be fired, and then we'll laugh about how you're a leech.
    bad example.

so, given your metaphore, the employe wont get paid for his small work of 1 day, the employee must be satisfied to be working for the small business that problably has no spotlight to even be shining on the CV, and he will risk being fired if he complains for not being payed. sounds to me he should find a job that would pay him for his work respectfully. it's called freelancing for a few, and it pays up, it's not slavery.

also, he is not asking for something above anyone, he is asking respect items going for disenchant that NOONE needs, only so they can sell on auction and such. the only example i can think of regarding this is that the money available from looting on the company (sales) is going for payment to raiders, and the rest is going for a coffee machine, and ppl that work for 1 day a week get no payment at all.

pugging (freelancing) would fit him better than staying on a guild (job) like that. also, if his 10 man guild would miss one, and they would have to pug that one, would they disenchant item in front of the pug, if the pug needed? i don't think so, and if they did, i would leave immediatly and let them find someone else to do that, but not to me.
    Last edited by Zendik; 2011-03-21 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    I have a small business and I'm looking for a few more employees to work part-time. Some of my friends and relatives already work for me, so each day we'll see what is left over after they all get paid. But once they are all rich, we'll take care of you.

Trust me.

Once we are all rich, we won't suddenly lose interest in the business. We'll continue to work -- even though it has become completely boring and we aren't getting anything more out of it -- just to replace all those pay days we took from you. That is how good and generous we are.

Honest.

Complainers will be fired, and then we'll laugh about how you're a leech.
    I can make up little storys that have no relevance to the overall topic too!

I have a small business and im looking for full time workers who will be paid fairly.

People expecting to show up one day a week and recieve the same wage as others need not apply. Not showing up to work regularly means you forfeit extra's (BoE's) such as dental (guild repairs), medicare (guild mats) and superannuation(enchants from the gbank).

10+ Year Old Account
    To the OP... It is very fair. He wants to gear the people that are there for every raid. While you are not there for every raid, why should he gear you up, and only be able to use you once a week, when there are others that could use the gear more than you? Sooner or later you will be able to roll on gear thats passed on, and you can gear yourself up that way.

You miss out on the majority of the wipes, and hard times that the rest of the core group works on. Dedication is a big thing, regardless if real life is involved.

I think its very fair to pass you up on gear if someone else needs it. You are the one that wants to keep raiding in the same environment, if you dont like it, then find another guild that plays the same way you do.
    Last edited by Idontlikeyou; 2011-03-21 at 02:34 AM.

I have a feeling that you aren't telling the entire story, but based on what you have said, I believe the best choice is t o simply leave. They don't appreciate you. Why should you waste your time trying to convince them to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eklipsis View Post
    I'm in a 10 man raiding guild that I won't name and I'm a DPS (Fire Mage) because I have other commitments and can only raid once a week. The last month and a half every time it's my turn to raid the raid leader given my spot to other guild members who are not even in the raiding team when he knows I'm available and we are speaking in vent. I don't do bad DPS, I don't die to random shit and generally only die when we wipe except for 1 or 2 occasions that have never been repeated since.

Also the raid leader said because I can only raid once (sometimes twice) a week that when I'm there for boss kill I am not aloud any loot until everyone is in full 359 gear and working on heroic modes even though most fights I am in the top 3 DPS for it and have put just as much effort into kill said boss. The raid leader mentioned this when the off hand from Halfus Wyrmbreaker dropped and I wanted to roll on it he said to me out of no where I wasn't getting any loot until everyone else is in full 359. Also if I want my 359 Wand and Bracers I have to pay for them out my own gold even if they drop, for example the other Mage and our Warlock both have them and I have watched both of them drop twice when they didn't need them and watched them get sharded/sold on the Auction House. Due to this I've lost out on potential, Bracers, Wand, Weapon, Trinket, Helm, Shoulders, Ring and Off Hand upgrades.

Another thing that I do not think is fair is I have only ever made one mistake on Antramedes on our 3rd kill which was the first time I was targeted by the beam in air phase and I called out for the gong slightly too late and had various F and S and C words thrown at me for it yet when out Warrior did the same mistake a kill after this he said "It's fine mate".

Finally I just want to know what I should do. I'm being treated like a dick, I'm being refused loot and I get insults thrown at me left right and centre when I speak. How should I go about dealing with this...
    Somehow I think there is more to this story. People always leave out the other details that will fill in the puzzle. Sorry, but I don't take this at face value. Gear being sharded instead of given to you? Maybe. I just doubt it.

---------- Post added 2011-03-21 at 04:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I think we just found the OP's GM.

Seriously, he's not complaining about loot priority, he's complaining that loot he could use is SHARDED/AH'd instead of going to him when nobody else needs it. That's just garbage, no matter how you try to justify it. It's one thing to say "Hey, we can't give you loot priority because you don't raid often - we have to gear up our regular guys first; I hope you understand." and another thing to say "lol u dont get anything until everyone else has everything they want, MS and OS, and we have enough Maelstrom Crystals in the GB". One is understandable, the other is being a scumbag.

OP: Unfair is putting it lightly, it's tantamount to exploitation at worst and complete douchebaggery at best. Leave now. If you can only raid once a week, find a more laid-back guild with a much more relaxed schedule. You might not get as much progress, but I guarantee you'll have more fun and not feel like you are being cheated out of your fair share at anything each week.
    I think it's bs. I have a hard time believing that this dude is going to stay in a guild that just sharded gear he needed in front of him. I think the main point is people are getting gear over him. And he threw in the whole sharding thing to get everyone on his side. People do lie. Especially on the internet. And with no way to check if it's true, I'd say it's pretty certain he's embellishing. Here's what I can imagine happening:

He starts losing interest, and doesn't want to uphold the raid schedule. But he still wants to raid when he wants to. He calls off randomly, but expects to be raiding the days he shows up. So the guild starts giving more reliable raiders gear over him that need it to benefit the guild and their progression. He gets pissed. He goes to the forums. That is much more believable.

Also, people love to hate on GM's. Throw in that the GM is mistreating you? People eat that shit up like candy. They love it.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2011-03-21 at 04:42 AM.