Sup fellas i need some advice

Sorry for my bad english

this is my first post in this forum btw

Hi there guys i need some help with upgrading my pc, im sick and tired of lagging bad in raids, arena and bgs i also run other games besides wow and im using this pc right now in a studio setup. That's right fellas im making music so im keeping this stuff. I got a nice big case(nice ventilation and awesome looking), cooling fans (case), power supply(850 watts), all peripherals(g15 and razer naga) ,multiple hi speed hdd( 500g, 1t ), mutiple monitors( 19' and a 32') and awesome sound card 5.1 surround (midi in out guitar in out ect.) with my companion 2 bose speakers cause i use this pc to make music and video stuff... the thing is i want to upgrade from studio pc to use it on both applications (studio and gaming) without spending too much i want to run smoothly wow on medium or hi settings with addons and stuff. I need to upgrade:

CPU
    RAM
    MOBO
    Graphics card
    CPU FAN

can you give me multiple options cause im on a budget (starting my own business repairing medical equipment) so i know how to set the pc up and ect. but im pretty much lost right now on the pc upgrade department.

thanks guys
    ATT:
    ROCCOTON

Deleted
    First off I don't know anything about what studie use requires.

Anyhow:

cpu: Intel Core i5 2500k
    massive performance for a very reasonable price and it overclocks like a beast. When it comes to gaming it doesn't really get much better, but your other non gaming uses might justify looking at the i7 2600k. It's more expensive and primarily gives you hyper threading which may be useful for other things than gaming. If that isn't the case though go with the i5, hyperthreading doesn't help gaming and you'll end up paying a premium for a few hundred mhz and 2mb of l3 cache.

Ram: ddr3 1600 seems to be the sweet spot for gaming. The g-skill ripjaw series are a very popular choice.

Mobo: the asus p8p67 pro is a solid choice, and I've heard good things about the gigabyte ud4. I'm personally using the asrock p67 extreme and I'm very satisfied with it, not too expensive either.

Graphics card: the gtx 560 ti is a solid performer for a very reasonable price. The 6870 and the 6950 are also great performers although the 6950 might be a little too expensive for what you want.

What brand is that psu ? 850 is plenty for this kind of setup, even if you want to do some serious overclocking and pickup a second gpu later on. But the brand really matters when it comes to psu's, as cheap usually means low quality which can potentially put your entire rig at risk in case of failure. Corsair and antec are both solid brands but there are others as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure I'll get beaten to the punch line by a bunch of people who are going to recommend setups immediatley, but there's some information you left out.
    Are you looking for...

SLI/Crossfire Compatibility for upgrading in the future?
    Do you need USB 3.0 compatibility?
    Do you overclock your computer or leave it at stock speed?

Assuming the answer is yes to all of these...
    i5 2500k
    Asus Pro P8P67
    MSI Twin Frozr Nvida 560 ti
    G.Skill Ripjaw X 4GB DDR3

I'm not an expert on RAM, but I think you might need more for applications outside of gaming. This looks incredibly similar to the poster above mine, and I'm sure others will recommend nearly the same thing.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend a 2600k, likely the applications you'll be interested in using for your studio will take advantage of the HT capabilities.

You'll want some higher end HD's, probably in the 10k RPM range, and at least 4 gigs of RAM, I would recommend 8+ though.

As far as gaming the requirements are much less, but I'm assuming you'll probably be using some software similar to Sony SoundForge, which you'll want a processor that will be able to push the system a bit more than what games will do when you're recording.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

the psu is a corsair i use it that hi wattage cause i use a midi controler an axiom 61 and some line 6 spider interfaces for microphones, guitar, bass and a usb mixer basic home recording for myself and friends bands and stuff. plus extra speakers. plus i got 3 keyboards that use interface with the pc. plus here where i live the power is not stable and besides the 3 power surges i use in serial i also use hi wattage to protect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I would recommend a 2600k, likely the applications you'll be interested in using for your studio will take advantage of the HT capabilities.

You'll want some higher end HD's, probably in the 10k RPM range, and at least 4 gigs of RAM, I would recommend 8+ though.

As far as gaming the requirements are much less, but I'm assuming you'll probably be using some software similar to Sony SoundForge, which you'll want a processor that will be able to push the system a bit more than what games will do when you're recording.
    What he said, he's right on the money. Games like World of Warcraft, or really anything on the market right now, don't take advantage of the hyperthreading in the i7, while the i5 really only is chosen over that for gaming computers because it's cheaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the gamer on a budget i recommend the following:
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 LGA 1155 (pretty good prices on it if you live in the USA at microcenter.com
    Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-P67A-Ud3 LGA 1155 ATX Intel Motherboard (pretty decent mobo that is totally compatible with the above CPU plus it has a very common connector to the CPU so it will be easy to find an upgrade when needed. This also found on microcenter.com but you can probably find it on newegg.com or tigerdirect.com)
    Graphics Card aka GPU: I recommend the MSI 912-V232-028 GeForce GTX 460 TwinFrozr (Made by NVidia, sold and put into a case by MSI. It has two very strong fans and is a great GPU for the price. This was found on tigerdirect.com)
    RAM: Patriot G2 Series PGD34G1333ELK Division 2 Edition Desktop Memory Kit (this is two 4gb ram cards for a total of 8gbs of RAM. May be more than what you need but it will definitely last you a while. About 75 dollars at tigerdirect.com)
    CPU Fan: The CPU I listed above comes with a powerful fan and heatsink

Hope this helps and goodluck!

Proud Member of Respected and Despised (SWTOR USA PST Empire).
    Dark Days are Coming....

Thanks guys i really apreciate your help

Quote Originally Posted by Cavus View Post
    For the gamer on a budget i recommend the following:
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 LGA 1155 (pretty good prices on it if you live in the USA at microcenter.com
    Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-P67A-Ud3 LGA 1155 ATX Intel Motherboard (pretty decent mobo that is totally compatible with the above CPU plus it has a very common connector to the CPU so it will be easy to find an upgrade when needed. This also found on microcenter.com but you can probably find it on newegg.com or tigerdirect.com)
    Graphics Card aka GPU: I recommend the MSI 912-V232-028 GeForce GTX 460 TwinFrozr (Made by NVidia, sold and put into a case by MSI. It has two very strong fans and is a great GPU for the price. This was found on tigerdirect.com)
    RAM: Patriot G2 Series PGD34G1333ELK Division 2 Edition Desktop Memory Kit (this is two 4gb ram cards for a total of 8gbs of RAM. May be more than what you need but it will definitely last you a while. About 75 dollars at tigerdirect.com)
    CPU Fan: The CPU I listed above comes with a powerful fan and heatsink

Hope this helps and goodluck!
    I just have to say, no reason not to go 2500K with this build. Especially since you have kept a P67 MoBo, no point getting P67 for only 400MHz of OC on the 2400. The price difference also makes it much more enticing to go 2500K.