Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    While I wholeheartedly disagree with your sentiment about PvPers leaving, there is a lot of truth in what you're saying about the rest as well. So much stuff has been removed from the game because it wasn't "balanced" for PvP, which I think is a shame. Anyone who remembers the amazing fun of the old Judge's Gavel or the old Unstoppable Force procs will likely agree. Balance doesn't always equal fun, unfortunately.

I'm sure someone will accuse me of wearing rose-colored goggles, as is the norm, but I enjoyed PvP far more before the constant quest for balance. Things were very unfair, certainly. Many specs and talents looked cobbled together by the inmates of an insane asylum. Three minute mages and arcanite reaper-wielding shaman reigned supreme; but what WoW PvP did have back then was unpredictability. And it was awesome.
    I miss duel wield warrior prot spec rip

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    this is the best pvp season no matter wat u play as its only imbalanced by the skill of the players, if ur skillful u win if ur not u dont dont QQ all day like this they dont know how to play apparently or they would think diff just another QQ post from another unskillful player WAHHH, thiz is one of those things that u get wat u put into it, try harder wahhhhh
    I'd be interested in hearing what classes you run with in arenas?

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    WoW being an e-sport can only be good for the game. It makes the game developers actually try to balance PvP. Nowadays WoW PvP is just a melee orgy with nonstop stuns and interrupts (just ask ele shams, they hard cast eveything).
    the LOS nature of Arena and its fotm basis of class combinations never equated to game balance in the rest of the game, if anything it contributed to the instant cast direction PvP has become. It basically cut out PvP build up and just served you the meat filling, which some players like. It also forced as little chance/random in PvP ability usage despite this being a rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSoMighty View Post
    Thats what I was thinking lol

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSoMighty View Post
    20 bucks says its frost mage/resto shaman/dk. That comp is extremely op, and those classes are op in any bracket.

e- was only a matter of time before this happened. PvP is a joke if you compare it to any other competitive game in the world. The imbalance is atrocious, the costs of the matches are high, and the player base able to compete in any major gaming league is extremely small.

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. As I said the primary issue is the difficulty of following it if you've never played the game, let alone play it at a high level. The terms commentators use over the course of a minute can simply overwhelm audiences who just have no clue about what they're talking about nor have the time to explain in detail what's going on (imagine not having any clue of WoW pvp and hear a commentator ramble on about interrupts, basic cool downs, trinkets and so on and you'll see how difficult it is to follow). Having to do that for 2v2 compared to 3v3 isn't going to make it any easier for audiences.
    3v3 for some reason makes the action a lot hardeer to follow than 2v2 imo. I think its pretty easy to follow 2 people working off one another when i'm watching than accounting for that 3rd between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    Blizzard stopped balancing PVP around arena and started balancing it around rated bg as due to its size its a lot easier to balance out.
    worst thing for them to do. first it was: wow is not balanced for 1v1, then it was not balanced for 2v2... now they are trying to balance it around 10v10. yeah good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coalex View Post
    None, because blizzard was the only one to push WoW as an esport(terrible idea).

Esports should be saved for FPS and RTS.
    Yeah, so that means WoW isn't a failure at all, nor is Blizzard.

People just need to realize that PvP is not the main aspect of WoW...

comment removed
    Last edited by Umbraorbis; 2011-03-18 at 01:05 AM.

yea it wasn't dropped because of its balance as someone already stated. Also this is one league, its not the only way to play it professionally as someone else has also posted. Also the idea that PvPers are leaving is not true at all....The people playing at the professional level in this league who will MAYBE be stopping and quitting the game are a very small percentage of the population. Not everyone is playing pro. And yea, pvp is at its most balanced point right now. The game isn't balanced around 1v1 duel situations, its balanced around teams, and now they have stated they are doing more to balance around rated bgs.

However this is bad for Blizzard, and should be a little rock thrown at their window to wake up and make some serious changes and improvements.

I have a hunch that blizzard will slowly kill PvP in WoW until they release there new MMO which may be majorly PvP related. It just seems like what they are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The day I play anything entitled 'Boi' is the day I relinquish my sanity.
    I'm Dyslexic, so deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    If this means PvP'ers are leaving the game then hooray! I'm tired of endless PvP versus PvE discussions. They are like Mac versus Windows, there can be no agreements.
    INDEED!

In fact, to hell with MLG as a whole... it is the most crappy concept in the history of video games to date, and I honestly HATE how some any children buy into the idea that being 'interweb pro' = fame and glory. Hell, it's worst than the sport fame that some people try and chase, because the esports don't involve any healthy physical activity outside of a computer/TV screen...

I really do want these types of PvPers to leave the game... go back to Halo, CoD, or some other crap game, and leave this MMO alone... You had Wrath... but Cataclysm IS OURS....

Quote Originally Posted by Umbraorbis View Post
    So why didn't this happen sooner?
    Money... Activision was making a killing off Wrath/MLG events...
    Last edited by MagusUnion; 2011-03-18 at 01:01 AM. Reason: $$$

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateThunderz View Post
    PvP would be much better if they stopped trying to focus so much on PvE, which is horrible anyway.
    You had that messed up, so I fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by detached View Post
    Well World Cyber Games picked up WoW Cataclysm. So not completely dead.
    This, I'm not sure what all the fuss in this thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by furium View Post
    WCG is shit compared to MGL.

They should make PvP very unbalanced... My most fond memories are of bc and pre bc pvp because of how stupid it was..

example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh_qyPsE_54

this would be annoying, but OP moves/racials /procs make the game fun. Anyone remember stun herald in bc? lewl.

15+ Year Old Account
    posting in a monumental thread.

have a look at what Bashiok, some CM just said to someone in response to guards killing World PVP, if you already haven't seen it.

Bashiok: Hrm, I reckon it's rewards that ruined world PvP. Everyone harkens back to TM/SS as the holy grail of world PvP, and that was before and maybe slightly after the honor system was implemented (but before real rewards existed from it). I think you can encourage world PvP all you want, and if there aren't rewards behind it you'll keep people interested for about as long as it takes them to realize there are other things to do that give real power increases. Why would anyone spend any amount of time just pushing back and forth for no reason when you can spend your time toward actual rewards and character improvement? Maybe there are some of you, but I guarantee it'd be short lived.

I mean shoot, you have Isle of Quel'Danas or even quest hubs in Cataclysm where people are literally forced together, and there's complaints that they just want people to stop PvPing so they can get their stuff done so they can get their rewards. That's kind of unfair because I know many did enjoy those situations, but somehow it never meets the awesomeness of TM/SS, and I reckon it just never could again.

The best I can think that you could do is create a specific world PvP zone where you don't allow flying mounts, give some objective to tug-o-war over, and so you can justify giving some semi-meaningful rewards and keep people interested you'd need to find some way to even up the sides (because world PvP is inherently going to be unfair). I think you do all that and you probably have the best working solution for bringing back world PvP.

in my mind, he basically just confirms the whole charade that is PVP. it was always just an alternative way for people to power up their character who were never cut out for the actual meat and potatoes of an MMO, which is massively cooperating with a bunch of people trying to defeat story-line encounters in a highly organized way.

the game is story-line and the foundation is built on it, PVE.

i wouldn't care if they completely took out all PVP gear rewards and wiped away titles and rewards from arena. because i actually did enjoy PVP before BGs were implemented.
    just balance the game around PVE and let everyone do rated BGs in PVE gear, just like classic.

who cares if that Fire mage just 4 shot you? respawn and jump right back in. this way, every class weill do ridiculous damage and everyone will be in constant fear and questioning of who's going to die first, not, "omg, stay away from class X, focus class X". you bring back the element of suspense and lay an equal playing ground. who cares if the gameplay is too fast-paced? it's PVP, it's supposed to be.

this way, if you can balance the game completely around PVE, you can give healers ridiculous healing tools and utility and make healers what they actually are supposed to be, a supportive healer.
    Last edited by msdos; 2011-03-18 at 01:14 AM.

It's like that with every MMO, people who's never played it before won't have a clue. People who are familiar with MMO's however, will understand quickly. Play an FPS game if you wish something easy to watch.

WoW is going down because of horrible balancing issues. It could be skill winning you a game, but may very well be RNG winning you the next. AKA warriors 3 shotting you or some tard popping trinkets + CD's and dishing out ridiculous amounts of damage.

Then take into account the lack of changes and an actual will to make PvP balanced. You can blame it all on Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by furium View Post
    good for them they got it added to the line up. doubt it will be in there next year unless blizzard put up the prizes (which I suspect they are doing for this years one)

its a horrible e-sport to watch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mini98 View Post
    Did you read that? it said WCG chose these titles because there the most played in their genre, not because of good pvp or anything.
    That wasn't meant as a comment on the state of Arena PVP as an esport. I'm hardly qualified for that. Just an information that WoW still is present in esports.