Thread: Atramedes bug

Deleted

Atramedes bug

Tonight my guild did Atramedes on normal (yeah yeah I know it's not impressive:/). Anyways during the airphase our rogue hit a gong and sprinted away. Then Atramedes landed but the breath just kept following the rogue. We tried hitting another gong to make it stop, but the breath kept following him until he died.

Anyone else had this issue? I searched for any other posts about this but didn't find any......

For some reason the timing on some events in the fight can affect the outcome of such abilities apparently, partially probably due to latency but also partially due to the way the encounters are coded.

For example, if we went into Cho'gall p2 while the Adherent is spawning, Cho'gall wouldn't despawn it as he usually does, we'd have to wait a few second for the Adherent to become active.

Or, a funnier example, also on Cho'gall, one for which I can't think of an explanation... We start p2, everything is normal, 40s in, a single Blood of the Old God add runs into the raid and starts meleeing people. God knows where it came from.

But yeah, your Atramedes bug is probably just a freak accident, at least I hope so.

Deleted
    Yeah prolly just is a bug, but it's still rather annyoing to wipe because of a bug. But from the looks, not many ppl have encountered this bug, we might just have been very unlucky.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a weird one. No, haven't seen this one either. Doing Atramedes Heroic however, we ran into a bug where two Obnoxious Fiends spawned at once without us realizing it. That was a fun wipe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh yeah I haven't seen that particular bug, but Atramedes is known as a fight with tons of possible bugs, so its not too surprising :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've experienced that bug and also seen others post about it. It's rare, but it happens.

I posted about it just this morning in another Atramedes bug thread, in fact.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Ah okay. Well hopefully Blizz will fix that come next patch....... Wouldn't mind seing some (more) hotfixes for raid bugs tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    That's a weird one. No, haven't seen this one either. Doing Atramedes Heroic however, we ran into a bug where two Obnoxious Fiends spawned at once without us realizing it. That was a fun wipe.
    Yeah we had that once, wasn't pretty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Ah okay. Well hopefully Blizz will fix that come next patch....... Wouldn't mind seing some (more) hotfixes for raid bugs tbh.
    Yeah a lot of times they dont specifically mention when they fix numerous bugs, so I'm holding out hope that it will be at least mostly fixed in 4.1 :P.

This week we encountered a steady "bug". The beam would focus a person but start following another. I would gong, then it would start near me but follow another one. First try we wiped. Second we didnt, but only because we figured what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    For some reason the timing on some events in the fight can affect the outcome of such abilities apparently, partially probably due to latency but also partially due to the way the encounters are coded.

For example, if we went into Cho'gall p2 while the Adherent is spawning, Cho'gall wouldn't despawn it as he usually does, we'd have to wait a few second for the Adherent to become active.

Or, a funnier example, also on Cho'gall, one for which I can't think of an explanation... We start p2, everything is normal, 40s in, a single Blood of the Old God add runs into the raid and starts meleeing people. God knows where it came from.

But yeah, your Atramedes bug is probably just a freak accident, at least I hope so.
    i know of the Blood bug on Cho Gall, had it too. it seems to happen if the blood pool is to close to the wall, making some of the bloods bugged, and it takes more time for them to break out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    This happened to us aswell.
    Also there is a bump around the middle of the room (towards the boss spawn point), sometimes you get extra sound from discs if you stand there, even if discs don't hit you. We avoid that spot now.
    If someone dies in p2 while tracked by beam, the beam changes to a random people but there will be no tracked debuff, quite annoying. There is a workaround: noone shuld die in p2 :P

We had something similar once, and I'm 100% sure its a bug. Report it and hopefully it gets fixed with 4.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    What happened to us tonight was during air phase in atramedes hes roaring flame seemed bugged, it looked like it was randomly changing targets without being interrupted, and Magmaw, he bugged during one of hes head phases.