Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thinking to buy this computer

What do you think about this PC?
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/C..._Configurator/
    Will it run high / ultra with decent fps?
    thanks in advance

What CPU/GPU r u choosing? Cause when i click the link, its saying an i3 and no graphics card. In which case no u cant play wow at ultra.
    ​MoBo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | CPU: Intel 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 4Gb | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 1866Mhz | Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, ADATA SU800 256GB, Hitachi Deskstar 3TB HDD | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 80+ Gold 850W | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 | Case: NZXT H510 Elite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helieos View Post
    What CPU/GPU r u choosing? Cause when i click the link, its saying an i3 and no graphics card. In which case no u cant play wow at ultra.
    The configure doesn't automatically load your configuration by default. Customize it, add it to your cart, then click the edit button, and on the left of your screen there's a static panel. IT should say Save/Load/Reset. Save it, it'll ask for your email and stuff. Go to your email, copy paste the URL there to these forums.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K 3.40 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
    Graphic card: ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

I'm going just to change this

The other things will remain like the link ( default )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budello View Post
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K 3.40 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
    Graphic card: ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

I'm going just to change this

The other things will remain like the link ( default )
    No reason to get the i7 2600k as you cannot overclock on an H67 build. (To my knowledge.)

Downgrade to stock cooling if you're sticking with the H67 build, since you can't overclock, you won't need anymore heat mitigation than the stock cooler will provide.
    Also, I don't think the 5670 runs on a 450W power supply.
    Last edited by Fuzzykins; 2011-03-17 at 11:26 PM.

That would be decent to play on. Im running a AMD Phenom x6 and a nvidea 9800 gtx+ and im playing at ultra setting minus shadows@1920x1080 res with a steady 50-60 fps.

---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    No reason to get the i7 2600k as you cannot overclock on an H67 build. (To my knowledge.)

Downgrade to stock cooling if you're sticking with the H67 build, since you can't overclock, you won't need anymore heat mitigation than the stock cooler will provide.
    Also, I don't think the 5670 runs on a 450W power supply.
    550W should be fine.
    ​MoBo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | CPU: Intel 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 4Gb | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 1866Mhz | Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, ADATA SU800 256GB, Hitachi Deskstar 3TB HDD | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 80+ Gold 850W | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 | Case: NZXT H510 Elite

I really do not understand anything of computer.. i'd just like to buy a computer not to have low fps in raid 10-25.. Anyone can help me to find out it? I can't spend more than 900$ because of job.. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helieos View Post
    That would be decent to play on. Im running a AMD Phenom x6 and a nvidea 9800 gtx+ and im playing at ultra setting minus shadows@1920x1080 res with a steady 50-60 fps.

---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 07:27 PM ----------

550W should be fine.
    However, he doesn't have a 550W picked out.

I'd take the time to link you everything, but I don't have it. I'm just going to list what you might want.

i5 2500K CPU
    Asus P8P67 Motherboard
    Nvidia 560 ti GPU
    600W+ PSU (It could be 700+, I'm sure someone will jump on the opportunity to correct me.)

Everything else on there should be good stock. The motheboard you're getting has a new BIOS that allows the computer to automatically overclock, so you shouldn't have to worry about knowing about computers in order to push the limit of your system.

And don't get liquid cooling, it's too high matinence for the performance you wish to get from it. Instead, get either the stock cooler (As much as I hate the stock Intel coolers, they're cheap and you're not looking for much in terms of Overclocking.) or get a nice air cooler. (I don't know any off the top of my head that are available on PowerPC.)

This is as close as I could bring this build to the $900 budget, without skimping on a cheaper power supply that is pure crap(extremegear).. If you could find the extra money to get the GTX 560ti I would recommend it, but for your budget on this build the GTX 460 is still a solid performing card.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/C..._Configurator/
    Last edited by Mass0wnage; 2011-03-17 at 11:56 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You want a P67 board, not H67.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qw4 View Post
    This has already been established Mr. I want a higher post count. If you're not looking to overclock, get an i5 2500 and an H67 motherboard. Everyone here (Including me, for record.) has recommended you get the 2500k and a P67 motherboard. However, I find H67's to be cheaper, and there's no reason you should overpay.

This has already been established Mr. I want a higher post count. If you're not looking to overclock, get an i5 2500 and an H67 motherboard. Everyone here (Including me, for record.) has recommended you get the 2500k and a P67 motherboard. However, I find H67's to be cheaper, and there's no reason you should overpay.
    This is true, but its well worth it to get the P67 and K chip for future-proofing your system. Even if you don't plan to OC right now, the slight price increase will still be worth it, if you do it later.
    @OP: The i5 and i7 are identical for gaming, so save yourself $100. Put this into a better GPU, the cheapest thing you should be looking at is the 5770, but that is also the worst. I would use that extra $100 you have just saved on your CPU and get a better GPU. Something in the 460/6850 range, so you can also fit in the P67>H67 MoBo in the budget.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here ya go dude. You don't need all that ridiculous crap. If you don't know what you're doing, there's no reason to get the unlocked processors or high end boards. This computer will be great for you:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1D3UC0

The price includes Windows. I'm guessing you aren't going to have that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here ya go dude. You don't need all that ridiculous crap. If you don't know what you're doing, there's no reason to get the unlocked processors or high end boards. This computer will be great for you:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1D3UC0

The price includes Windows. I'm guessing you aren't going to have that.
    I'm sure he could walk to the nearest BestBuy and find one with absolutely no bells and whistles for the same price.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure he could walk to the nearest BestBuy and find one with absolutely no bells and whistles for the same price.
    Oh, ok. Well, go to Best Buy. This guy knows what he's talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, ok. Well, go to Best Buy. This guy knows what he's talking about.
    There's no reason you shouldn't design a computer with future upgrade in mind.

In fact, you're the one who said he wanted a P67 as opposed to an H67.
    Last edited by Fuzzykins; 2011-03-18 at 03:01 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no reason you shouldn't design a computer with future upgrade in mind.
    Money. And you are clearly the expert here.

Everyone, listen to him. He knows everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Money. And you are clearly the expert here.

Everyone, listen to him. He knows everything.
    I'm not here to fight with you. If you want to look like a dipshit, that's fine. (And by the way, great job on contradicting yourself. I advise you scroll up to take a good hard look at the post I edited. It pretty much sums up your argument in one swift kick to the arse.)

Moving on, the one MassOwnage recommended is probably best suited to your needs minus the liquid cooling. Maybe you should provide us with some more information.

What will you be doing with the computer?
    Why did you want Liquid Cooling over Air?
    Are you looking to play newer games as opposed to World of Warcraft?
    Do you do a lot of video/sound editing on your computer?

Also, apparently, I'm hallucinating, as MassOwnage's link was edited out.
    Last edited by Fuzzykins; 2011-03-18 at 03:09 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's another build for $920. It has everything all the cool kids want you to get.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1D3UGD

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's another build for $920. It has everything all the cool kids want you to get.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1D3UGD
    Better. No reason for Liquid Cooling.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1D3UGP

While that's slightly more expensive, you're getting a better case and a power supply that won't give out in a week.