Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

One button macro for Demonic Circle: Summon and Teleport?

Anyone know of a one button macro for:

Warlock: Demonic circle: Summon, Demonic circle: Teleport. i.e Teleport if available and create a portal if not down

Cheers

#showtooltip [nomod:alt]Demonic Circle: Teleport;[mod:alt]Demonic Circle: Summon
    /use [mod:alt]Demonic Circle: Summon;[nomod:alt]Demonic Circle: Teleport

hold modifier down to cast portal, simply click the keybind for teleport, you can switch out alt for another modify key if you want.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    #showtooltip [nomod:alt]Demonic Circle: Teleport;[mod:alt]Demonic Circle: Summon
    /use [mod:alt]Demonic Circle: Summon;[nomod:alt]Demonic Circle: Teleport

hold modifier down to cast portal, simply click the keybind for teleport, you can switch out alt for another modify key if you want.
    Thanks, however I'm looking to use just one button. I currently have 'C' for Teleport and 'SHIFT-C' for putting the portal down. Instead I'd like just to have 'C' for both. I'm just thinking whether there's any situational macro like that.

Thanks though

10+ Year Old Account
    if it has a gcd it doesnt work

Playing since '04

Deleted
    /castsequence [reset=whateverthelengthoftheportalisinseconds] Demonic Circle: Summon, Demonic Circle, Teleport, Demonic Circle: Teleport, Demonic Circle: Teleport ect.

Should work

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrobandaid View Post
    if it has a gcd it doesnt work
    I'm not looking to cast them one after another just: if portal up then port to it, if not up then create one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    /castsequence [reset=whateverthelengthoftheportalisinseconds] Demonic Circle: Summon, Demonic Circle, Teleport, Demonic Circle: Teleport, Demonic Circle: Teleport ect.

Should work

thanks I'll check this out

10+ Year Old Account
    What im saying is you cant do the if this is then do this but if not do this any more

Playing since '04

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't make macros do things based on whether or not you have a particular buff (which is the only condition I can think of that would work with the kind of macro you want).

The best I can offer is "#showtooltip /castsequence Demonic Circle: Summon; Demonic Circle: Teleport" but that will only work for 1 teleport.
    the problem with reset= is it resets the time after the last action.

ex: castsequence reset=10 spell1, spell2, spell3

cast spell 1. 9 seconds later, cast spell 2. it resets the 10 second count, and you can't cast spell1 again 1 second after casting spell2.

edit: another issue with a castsequence on demonic circle/teleport is you couldn't move your portal early if you wanted to.

best just to suck it up and stick with your modifier macro. no real good way to make it a castsequence.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

You only need to throw down a portal once or twice a fight typically, not sure why its such a big prob using a modifer just for that, what's important is your teleport being there and ready quickly with a good button.

If you die you cant recast it until 6 mins has gone, and you cant put it on another location, with a castsequence macro....just dont go with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    You only need to throw down a portal once or twice a fight typically, not sure why its such a big prob using a modifer just for that, what's important is your teleport being there and ready quickly with a good button.

If you die you cant recast it until 6 mins has gone, and you cant put it on another location, with a castsequence macro....just dont go with that.
    ok I'll probably stick to what I have then. It was also for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Ekkoeu View Post
    ok I'll probably stick to what I have then. It was also for pvp
    You have to either stick with what you got, or use a modifier as posted earlier. What you want is not possible.
    Top 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    mine is this if it helps any all in 1 button too

#showtooltip Demonic Circle: Teleport
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Demonic Circle: Summon;[nomod] Demonic Circle: Teleport;

also having ctrl bound to a button on my mouse is very very handy

Deleted
    Just to summarize:

- you can not have the macro check if there is a portal up or not. Also, if it could, how would you re-summon the portal on a different location?
    - your best shot is a macro as has already been proposed:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Demonic Circle: Summon
    /cast [nomod] Demonic Circle: Teleport
    please note: yo do not have to specify a specific modifier key, this here will work with any of alt/shift/ctrl. Also, #showtooltip without an argument will always show the right tooltip
    I would recommend putting this macro on a mouse button

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post

Should work
    Only problem with this is you can only refresh if the duration has ran out, and its often desirable to change position sooner. My vote is for using 2 buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Just to summarize:

- you can not have the macro check if there is a portal up or not. Also, if it could, how would you re-summon the portal on a different location?
    - your best shot is a macro as has already been proposed:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Demonic Circle: Summon
    /cast [nomod] Demonic Circle: Teleport
    please note: yo do not have to specify a specific modifier key, this here will work with any of alt/shift/ctrl. Also, #showtooltip without an argument will always show the right tooltip
    I would recommend putting this macro on a mouse button
    This is the best way to go and is what i do. Macros can't use some long list of conditions, otherwise we'd all be using a 1 button rotation :P

#showtootip
    /cast [mod:alt] Demonic Circle: Summon; Demonic Circle: Teleport

Quote Originally Posted by Ekkoeu View Post
    I'm not looking to cast them one after another just: if portal up then port to it, if not up then create one.
    macro's cant do that, they cant check surroundings and play the game for u.

Why do u want to change a simple modifier macro? its very similar to one i use, and there is no better way to do it.
    can set portal 95% of time before combat, then u dont even hav to worry bout ur modifier u just click the keybind.

You can use addons like satrina buff frames, or fortexorcist to track the duration of ur current teleport.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    macro's cant do that, they cant check surroundings and play the game for u.

Why do u want to change a simple modifier macro? its very similar to one i use, and there is no better way to do it.
    can set portal 95% of time before combat, then u dont even hav to worry bout ur modifier u just click the keybind.

You can use addons like satrina buff frames, or fortexorcist to track the duration of ur current teleport.
    In some boss fights my portal runs out, and in some pvp situations I want to be able to put down a portal quickly. It may be a bit over the top but my philosophy in terms of keybindings is; pushing one button is quicker than pushing two. But maybe I'm just being lazy

If you are so concerned about the portal summon not being active, then either place the summon the keybind and the teleport on the modifier or through powerauras or similar have an alert or timer for the duration so that you will know when it is close to expiring or has expired.