Deleted

Hotfixes? Not for moonkins...

With the latest minor patch, I was kinda hoping for a fix to our moonfire-sunfire.
    A lot of fellow moonkins were playing Wotlk with macro's. Atm it's not possible to use moonfire in a macro anymore. When you hit solar-eclipse the macro will fail to work and give a 'spell not learned' message.

I am aware that you all knew this and I am also aware that this requires more programming to fix this issue.

But the question is, "do you think will get a fix for this 'minor' annoyance anywhere along the line of hotfixes we'll see in Cataclysm?"

I am have a feeling everyone is content on how it's working at present, but I'd love to see it getting fix. Though I strongly doubt it will be.
    Last edited by mmoc2c87439113; 2011-03-18 at 10:57 AM.

I don't notice this, but then I never use a macro for moonfire I am much better at switching targets ahead of time rather than using focus macros.
    I would expect this is low down on there list of things to do. Shame but oh well.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

It is not a consistent issue but it is somewhat pervasive as I've heard folks experiencing it on multiple occasions from multiple sources. Personally, I was free-and-clear of this problem right from 4.0 in WotLK through to 4.0.3 Cata. However, when 4.0.6 hit, I apparently did some things that caused the issue to start rearing it's ugly head for me. I'm not one to live with a problem like this so I sorted out a solution -- no sense suffering while waiting on Blizz to fix it.

So, as to the work-around:

Drag Moonfire from your spellbook to an unused button on Blizz bars or your bar mod. In my case I use Bartender. Type /framestack and hover your mouse over that button. You will get the description of what that button is referred to (in my case it is BT4Button26). In any macro that uses Moonfire, I use "/click BT4Button26" where I otherwise would've used "/cast Moonfire".

For instance,

/cast Berserking(Racial)
    /use 10
    /use 14
    /cast Moonfire

becomes:

/cast Berserking(Racial)
    /use 10
    /use 14
    /click BT4Button26

Macros built this way will work even when you are in Solar as that button will change to Sunfire accordingly. For clarity /click BT4Button26 is just where I dragged my Moonfire. You'll have to use /framestack to get the name of wherever you drag it but this will definitely work if you do it correctly.
    Last edited by Calculated; 2011-03-18 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Because I said "issue" like eleventy billion times in one paragraph
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

Deleted
    Thanks Calculated. Most helpfull, I was looking for a way to by-pass this for sometime at the launch. Then I just gave up. This '/framestack' is new to me.... off I go to make me some macro's!

Deleted
    #showtooltip Moonfire
    /tar focus
    /click ActionButton4
    /targetlasttarget

This is the macro i use to cast Moonfire/Sunfire on my focus target, works for me and i have moonfire on button 4 on the original action bar (the button i normally use moonfire/sunfire on for my current target).
    Last edited by mmocd3fb6fa5b2; 2011-03-18 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    I dont think your solution would work with the macro I used.
    Something along the lines of /cast [target=focus] moonfire
    where you would cast it without actually change targets but I am going to
    Try it tonight

You would probably need to change the format of your focus macro to look more like Chino's above. Should accomplish the same thing as your current focus macro and work with the fix I've suggested.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eregion View Post
    I dont think your solution would work with the macro I used.
    Something along the lines of /cast [target=focus] moonfire
    where you would cast it without actually change targets but I am going to
    Try it tonight
    That's what the targetlasttarget is for, you wont even notice you have changed target to your focus and cast moonfire, it all happens in a split second.
    Your macro with only a /cast won't work, that was exactly what i used pre-Sunfire myself, but the one i posted above works for me now at least.