WARRIOR: 2h switch to 1h and Shield

#showtooltip
    /equipset [nomod:stance:1] 2h
    /equipset [mod:shift] Shield
    /cast [mod:shift:stance:2] Shield Block; Defensive Stance
    /startattack

I am using "equipment sets" (Shield, and 2h)

I want the macro without a modifier to equip my 2h and put me in battle stance. With modifier "shift" the macro should equip my 1h and Shield put me in defensive stance and cast shield block. (with both 2h and 1h and Shield it should start attack)

Any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shifting stances takes a GCD, I think. If not, ignore this. Weapon changing takes a GCD as well. You can't use two abilities on the GCD in tandem.

But I'm no good with Macros, so that's as far as I can help you.

Fuzzy is partially correct. While swapping weapons does invoke a GCD, you can swap weapons during the GCD. In order for your macro to work you need to change the order. You also have the conditional syntax wrong (note the commas instead of colons before 'stance').

/cast [mod:shift,stance:2] Shield Block; Defensive Stance
    /equipset [nomod,stance:1] 2h
    /startattack

^ That doesnt work either

Here you go.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,stance:2]Shield Block;[mod:shift]Defensive Stance;Battle Stance
    /equipset [mod:shift]Shield;2h
    /startattack

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by falkynn View Post
    Fuzzy is partially correct. While swapping weapons does invoke a GCD, you can swap weapons during the GCD. In order for your macro to work you need to change the order. You also have the conditional syntax wrong (note the commas instead of colons before 'stance').

/cast [mod:shift,stance:2] Shield Block; Defensive Stance
    /equipset [nomod,stance:1] 2h
    /startattack
    Doesn't much help to cast shield block before equipping your shield. In fact, its rather a logical impossibility.

Lawomous you rock! Thanks sir/maam

Sir and you're welcome, check your other thread about the disengage macro too.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Xiar View Post
    Doesn't much help to cast shield block before equipping your shield. In fact, its rather a logical impossibility.
    The order doesn't matter, as you will need to press the macro more than once anyway

Quote Originally Posted by domzai View Post
    The order doesn't matter, as you will need to press the macro more than once anyway
    Order matters rather a lot in programming, whether its a macro on warcraft or warcraft itself.

Don't put the cart before the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Shifting stances takes a GCD, I think. If not, ignore this. Weapon changing takes a GCD as well. You can't use two abilities on the GCD in tandem.

But I'm no good with Macros, so that's as far as I can help you.
    Just to clarify things
    Yes both of them are on a GCD
    However stance gcd is on a seperate one only affecting stances, and certain abilities like shield is not affected by weapon gcd, just like spellreflect, shield wall etcetc
    Last edited by Swaggah; 2011-03-18 at 01:10 AM.