Poll: Most Difficult Game Genre?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The most difficult game genre.

Not saying any of these genres are actually hard, but what type of game do you think is the most difficult?

Would it be FPS's like Halo, Call of duty, Battlefield where reaction is key?

Or thirdperson action like darksiders and god of war which are also reaction-heavy

What about turn based strategy games like LOTR- The third age or Final Fantasy?

RTS's like Starcraft, Warcraft, and Civ's.

Or ofcourse, MMO's like Wow, Rift, AoC, Aion, Warhammer, DaoC, ect

What do you think?

Danmaku, hands down.

Rpg's tbh, for me atleast

either platform, or top-down shooters (touhou)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah
    There really isn't much to say about SC2, it's not a very complex game. Three races that never change and that's it, end of story.

RTS, hands down.

platformer games of the 80's

no racing/ sports in here

idk i always have trouble perfecting the god of war styles
    (where youre just not mashing buttons)

mario games can be quite tough

multiplayer wise COD and halo are way up there

and wow is definately one of the hardest games to learn

What do rhythm based games come under? They're the hardest, by far. If you really think about, how many times do you play the same song over and over and over and most people still can't beat it on it's hardest difficulty.

Imagine any other game like that, imagine playing the same level over and over and over and still knowing you had no hope in hell of doing it on the hardest setting, let alone getting a good rating.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Mushihimesama. No idea what genre that is categorized as, but that game hands down

Probably RTS. So many things to manage sometimes...

If talking multiplayer, RTS definitely takes the most skill input, racing/shooting/action rpg are all twitch based. Turn based gives you a decent amount of time to think about each move, which eases the requirements of fast use of skill like in rts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    Mushihimesama. No idea what genre that is categorized as, but that game hands down
    That'd be wat I was talking about:

Quote Originally Posted by Fi View Post
    Danmaku, hands down.

Deleted
    Multiplayer RTS (Total War). Now that's something where you have to think. As Sun Tzu said:
    "It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle."

FPS are very reaction based (And an extreme amount of teamwork for games such as Battlefield, there's nothing more epic than a squad talking on skype or something, flying into a base with a fully loaded Blackhawk, dropping off 3 soldiers and the chopper stays in the air giving support)

RTS wins though
    Last edited by mmoc1e9e1a2368; 2011-03-18 at 12:42 AM.

RTS, because there you need most skill (especially when playing online). FPS online, not so much. It's more run, point, shoot, capture flag (or something else), run, point, shoot... infinity
    Like people who cant hack it in SC2 for instance go to blow off steam in some FPS or whatever. It says alot

Hard meaning "inconvenient and annoying" would be RTS. Because you need to multi-task and who can issue commands faster wins.

Hard meaning "thinking about consequenses of every action" would be turn-based strategies.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Definitely RTS. To play it at a high level it just requires so much micro tasking it's overwhelming for most players. Just the shear amount of knowledge you need to play it well can be overwhelming too.

RTS has the highest skill ceiling then any other genre here, there is way more depth in good RTS's like starcraft 1. There's a reason why sc1 lasted as long as it has in the competitive community.

Deleted
    By the way - for those who's talking about RTS games and mentioning SC or something - I'd like to introduce you to basically any of the total war games. Seriously the best RTS games, by far ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    No fightan gaems? Not even SHUMPS? Or rhythm games?! D:

RTS from the list though. If you watch the Korean SC games, that is utterly intense stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fi View Post
    That'd be wat I was talking about:
    I see, sorry bout that, didn't recognize the term

But yea, Fi is right, I've never seen a game that compares to that genre