1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral Carmakazie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The road less traveled
    Posts
    1,059

    Do you ever feel stupid even though you know your not?

    I feel stupid whenever i loose a Board Game. i feel like, im smart, i should have seen that comming. it really bothers me

  2. #2
    I feel stupid when I fail to talk to girls.
    This is embarassing... please ignore my horrible username.

  3. #3
    Dreadlord Rakeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The realm of Torment
    Posts
    883
    I feel stupid when I talk. I have troubles speaking words, but thinking them and writing i do extremely well in.

  4. #4
    I feel stupid when i can't express a coherant thought because my brain moves onto what i want to say next.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    I feel stupid when I talk. I have troubles speaking words, but thinking them and writing i do extremely well in.
    yea, about the same here. I type well, but I'm a horrible public speaker. just horrible.

  6. #6
    I feel stupid when I'm having trouble to express myself in one language. I'm often replacing a "missing" word into one from a different language.

  7. #7
    Same here. I'm smart and I can be very eloquent with my words if under no pressure (time, presentation) but when it comes to speaking I tend to stutter and slur my words even if I know what I should be saying. I think I think too fast for my mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Those are raptors. Raptors are not fish.
    Get out of the water, raptor. You can not breathe there.

  8. #8
    I feel stupid when I can't write simple words like "you're", "lose" and "coming".

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JSeilaS View Post
    Same here. I'm smart and I can be very eloquent with my words if under no pressure (time, presentation) but when it comes to speaking I tend to stutter and slur my words even if I know what I should be saying. I think I think too fast for my mouth.
    I say this all the time. If I can somehow slow down the thoughts, I might make a coherent sentence, but usually it comes out weird and I say things I didn't even intend.

  10. #10
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,641
    Most of the time, but it's mixed with the knowledge that 80% of people I know are even worse. It's like... I know that I'm stupid by my own measures, but at least I try to follow the example of real sages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Metzenphrenia. As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity." It's symptoms are similar to schizophrenia but even crazier.
    "There are no answers, only choices" - Solaris.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    I say this all the time. If I can somehow slow down the thoughts, I might make a coherent sentence, but usually it comes out weird and I say things I didn't even intend.
    Same here but I also have the problem where I lose focus very easily and my mind starts thinking about other stuff, seriously most people just don't interest me in the least.

    I'm not very good at "socialising" in groups or to girls, mainly because I'm deaf (with hearing aids) so I have to pay attention to what people are saying which is pretty difficult if they don't spark my interest, it sounds harsh but I'm a nice guy, I swear! It's probably why I really enjoy talking to folks online amongst other reasons.
    Last edited by Scotai; 2011-03-18 at 03:22 AM.

  12. #12
    You get better at keeping your words up to speed with your thoughts by talking to more people and practicing. And some people are just better at socializing than others. Not a very good measure of intelligence though.

  13. #13
    Sometimes, especially on debates of semantics.

    The worst part is when you have a bad teacher, and your argument goes over their head.
    Being a bad teacher, rather than try to understand you, they belittle you and attempt to make you feel stupid.

    I had one teacher who couldn't wrap his mind around the concept of "things that are constructed are artificial, not natural".
    My essay had that assumption at the core of it, so of course I got poor marks on it. The topic was some random question for teaching debating and I don't remember it now.
    Bloody teacher always marked you down if you looked at the world different than he did or thought differently.
    We quickly learned that he wanted us to lie to him on our thoughts and to only tell him what he wanted to hear.
    Marked down 10-20% for a solid, well reasoned, sourced and sited argument that commits no fallacies or extra for a crappy argument, but it goes along with his view of morality and how the world should work.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

    Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

  14. #14
    Pandaren Monk Archimand's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gensokyo
    Posts
    1,967
    i feel stupid when i fail on things i told others not to fail on

  15. #15
    Brewmaster Disenchanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southeast of Disorder
    Posts
    1,289
    I'm fairly educated. A have a good knowledge base. I believe (hope) my ability to reason and use logic are fine. But if I get into a conversation about cars and engines with someone who knows their way around them, I feel pretty herp de derp. I am SO not mechanically inclined.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •