Heroic Conclave...how many stacks?

How many stacks can a tank have before they should switch? We have up to 8 stacks and keep dieing. The tank says we should switch every 5.

Deleted
    Stacks of what? Either way you should switch once per ultimate...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Stacks of what? Either way you should switch once per ultimate...
    Frost debuff on nezir i would imagine
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

I cant say for 10 man but if it's 25 man i jump at 3 stacks, the other tank leaves and taunts it back during the ultimate. I then clear my debuff and jump back as it fades. We keep doing that till the end and it's gg
    Last edited by silvertitan; 2011-03-18 at 03:47 AM.

srry, frost debuff

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    We use two tanks since we don't have a DK tank.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Deleted
    Switch 5 sec before ultimate...which is...8 debuffs? It takes a bit of mana but it is by no means unhealable.

we only switched once per ultimate, using a prot paladin and death knight tank. Prot paladin started on frost, death knight on nature. They swapped 10 seconds before ultimate. We never really had tank deaths that way, if you can't seem to do it your healers need to shape up a bit or check if you can take some less dmg from ice patches somehow. Talking 10m here though, you didn't specify which raidsize, for 25m I don't know if they should be swapping more often

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We switch every 4-5 in 25. It's not impossible to get higher, but Permafrost hurts a lot and if you have one more tank to spare, it's better to make it hit for much less. That way you pretty much always have cooldowns for high stack permafrost. Of course, it only really works in 25, since it would require 3 tanks.

Switch at 75-80 energy on the bosses, just before the ultimate is about to come every time to clear stacks each time. Did this with a feral and prot paladin tank.

Out of curiosity, how does having a DK tank negate switching?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    Out of curiosity, how does having a DK tank negate switching?
    antimagic shell removes the debuff I believe.

i'd imagine Anti magic shield makes the difference (prevents the application of harmful debuffs when its up)
    So dk's stack slower (for 6 seconds)

Well unless they can remove it outright then you will have to switch eventually, even with a DK.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    Well unless they can remove it outright then you will have to switch eventually, even with a DK.
    Atleast on normal, I solo tank Nezir each and every time clearing the shit with AMS at the end of the ultimates. Just have to be good at the timing, and having it glyphed helps immensely.