Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Target Position on Minimap, Weekly Daily Quests Cap on PTRs, Blue Posts, Comics

Target position on Minimap in Patch 4.1
    Patch 4.1 adds a very useful feature to the game, anything you target will now have its position displayed on the minimap! It's obviously very useful when you're looking for a NPC after using the /target command and I'm sure it will make a couple of rare elite hunters happy. (Unless you have NPCScan, in this case you're probably already happy)

Weekly Daily Quest Cap on PTRs
    The change to the daily quest cap I mentioned yesterday is now available for testing on PTRs! For the few people who do not trust file changes for that kind of stuff, here is a nice screenshot of the new LFD Panel with the updated text + the new options.

Unless a blue poster says something about it, you can probably expect this change to go live and grinding dungeons might get considerably easier for some of you.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard promised me a pony! (and a raid in 4.1 at Blizzcon)
    BlizzCon is a behind the scenes look into the development process. We offer that behind the scenes look because we know people enjoy being able to see our processes, and also hear about what we're thinking about and planning. That comes with the hope that the information is indeed taken as we intend it, which is a candid look at our thoughts and processes. Not bullet points of finalized game features.

Unfortunately those candid thoughts and processes are sometimes interpreted as promises for the development of our games.

The reason we commonly do not discuss our plans until they're in the process of being implemented, or actually complete, is exactly for that reason. BlizzCon is a huge exception to our rule, and while we're not going to stop having BlizzCons and offering those behind the scenes looks for those in attendance who come to see exactly those things, it's really unfortunate to see when they're referenced as promises. (Source)

The death of World PvP
    Hrm, I reckon it's rewards that ruined world PvP. Everyone harkens back to TM/SS as the holy grail of world PvP, and that was before and maybe slightly after the honor system was implemented (but before real rewards existed from it). I think you can encourage world PvP all you want, and if there aren't rewards behind it you'll keep people interested for about as long as it takes them to realize there are other things to do that give real power increases. Why would anyone spend any amount of time just pushing back and forth for no reason when you can spend your time toward actual rewards and character improvement? Maybe there are some of you, but I guarantee it'd be short lived.

I mean shoot, you have Isle of Quel'Danas or even quest hubs in Cataclysm where people are literally forced together, and there's complaints that they just want people to stop PvPing so they can get their stuff done so they can get their rewards. That's kind of unfair because I know many did enjoy those situations, but somehow it never meets the awesomeness of TM/SS, and I reckon it just never could again.

The best I can think that you could do is create a specific world PvP zone where you don't allow flying mounts, give some objective to tug-o-war over, and so you can justify giving some semi-meaningful rewards and keep people interested you'd need to find some way to even up the sides (because world PvP is inherently going to be unfair). I think you do all that and you probably have the best working solution for bringing back world PvP. (Source)

Comics
    Dark Legacy was a little late this week and I had to postpone the comic update. This week, Dark Legacy Comic #279 and Teh Gladiators #218 + #219!

cant wait for that daily dungeon change!

10+ Year Old Account
    The best I can think that you could do is create a specific world PvP zone where you don't allow flying mounts, give some objective to tug-o-war over, and so you can justify giving some semi-meaningful rewards and keep people interested you'd need to find some way to even up the sides (because world PvP is inherently going to be unfair). I think you do all that and you probably have the best working solution for bringing back world PvP.
    Wait, I think I have heard this idea before! It had a name... Battlegrounds maybe? Idk sorta ringing a bell.

Cant wait for dungeon change

15+ Year Old Account
    Really nice change for the valor points IMO. Helps out those players who can only play a few days a week, and also helps people like me with several alts. With this change I can pick a toon and focus on getting his valor for the week, rather than jumping from toon to toon every day.

Quote Originally Posted by iAreEddie View Post
    Wait, I think I have heard this idea before! It had a name... Battlegrounds maybe? Idk sorta ringing a bell.
    I'm pretty sure Bashiok was trolling the dude. He's getting better and better at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some nice changes I see...

Will make leveling and gearing toons more convenient.
    Signatures are overrated.

The dungeon change is brilliant. Some days I just feel like doing a bunch of dungeons, and some days I feel like just doing quests. Finally, I won't be held back just because I don't feel like (or don't have the time for) doing a daily dungeon.

World PvP was what made this game amazing to me, at the start. It died a very long time ago, and thanks to flight it will never be back. Currently there are just not enough players that want to do world PvP. I see many groups on my realm form to "f*ck the alliance up!" and they end up falling apart because lack of interest. Blizz is right, "it's" just not there anymore. There will always be those "cool times" where a group of four or five people get together a wreck the place, if you like it that much be one of those four or five. That's what I did =)

That dungeon change appears to be one of the best changes they've made for a long time. Lets just hope it sticks.

Question What daily quest cap?

Is there a change to the daily quest cap, or just to the random dungeon cap?

Deleted
    That's true about the world pvp, no reward = no interest. Proof is every time I try to have fun in tol barad peninsula some lvl1 will tell me to get a life.

Soooooo, has Blizzard just completely forgotten about world PvP in Outlands?

Hey, here's a PvP objective in the middle of the zone. If you take it, you get stuff. Instead of worthless Honor Hold tokens, make a world PvP currency that you can use to buy real gear. Put in a few more towns that can be held by either the Alliance or Horde. Southern Barrens would be a great place for one. Hell, most contested zones should have one.

Dungeon queue times on Tuesdays are going to be horrendous. lol

It's interesting that it says "of this tier." One could assume that with 4.2 and the valor point to justice point conversion, only the new dungeons of 4.2 will give VP and the ones we currently run will always award JP.
    Last edited by Xinnt; 2011-03-18 at 05:14 AM.

Is the dungeon finder change just for heroics? I'd like to see the change for normal dungeons too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinnt View Post
    It's interesting that it says "of this tier." One could assume that with 4.2 and the valor point to justice point conversion, only the new dungeons of 4.2 will give VP and the ones we currently run will always award JP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fobo View Post
    Is the dungeon finder change just for heroics? I'd like to see the change for normal dungeons too.
    "Of this tier" is the generic text on the Random Dungeon page, refering to the 'tier' of dungeon you're randoming, and completely unrelated to the raid based Tier progression. Edit: I should clarify, to be certain my point isn't mistaken - the words 'of this tier' are included because there are already three tiers of Dungeon on the PTR. Whether or not Blizzard decides to alter the rewards from any given 'tier' of dungeon is entirely unrelated to this change in the dungeon finder.

The three 'tiers' of Dungeon active on the 4.1 PTR are:

Random Cataclysm Dungeon - 140 JP and 62g (or similar XP values for under-85 characters, I'd assume)
    Random Cataclysm Heroic - 70 VP and 83g
    Random Rise of the Zandalari Heroic - 140 VP and 83g

So, yes, regular dungeons are included.
    Last edited by Rekiara; 2011-03-18 at 05:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iAreEddie View Post
    More like WG and TB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    A warrior is kinda like a blender.* You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.

It's sad that there has to be a permanent reward for people to take interest in something. Some of my fondest memories of this game outside of my favorite raid bosses are world pvp. I've been lucky enough to experience some halaa raids that were just epic and fun. If they ever do design something with enough popularity I hope it measures up to such. One of the things I hate about bgs is that stupid Que timer.

10+ Year Old Account
    SOLUTION TO WORLD PVP....
    if u made it that every kill of another player gained u like 100-200honour, if done alone, and shared if done with a group it would be ALOT popular. atm u kill somone and get pretty much no reward so there is no point. but with high honour available it would be more then worth it.