So one of my officers just kicked me for the luls before re-inviting me...

..to which I declined. It was a social guild and I liked the people, but a "joke" *could have* cost me almost 9000 guild rep (I was 13 rep shy of being able to get some Honored pet that I was looking forward to and about to run a group w/ my guild)

-=edit=-

I see that I keep my guild rep and I'm sure it was probably just a joke. I'll probably just let them sweat it a bit then re-join. I guess.
    Last edited by Warwithin; 2011-03-18 at 05:18 AM.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

I'm 90% sure if you rejoin the same guild within a couple of days you keep your rep.

And yes you are getting peeved over nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I worked that hard and I was kicked for a joke I'd be pissed too.

There's a difference however, did he know you would lose 9000 guild rep if he kicked you, or not?

Either way I'd still be pissed, and would probably not go back, unless I had my best friends there.
    Signatures are overrated.

You lose guild rep, when you join another guild.

You dont lose the guild rep til you join another guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Driram View Post
    so i keep my guild rep when i re-join if i dont go to another guild?
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

As long as you dont join another guild you keep the guild rep from the current guild for a few days I belive. Just take the invite and if the rep isnt there gquit and move on if you feel that strongly about it.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Driram View Post
    You instantly lose rep when you are kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    so i keep my guild rep when i re-join if i dont go to another guild?
    Yup, been that way since beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggirhape View Post
    Since when? Never been that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not true at all, my guild has an ongoing joke where people (including high level officers) are getting kicked all the time, and instantly re-invited, and you don't loose rep over it.

After the introduction of guild rep such "for the lulz" kicks definitely should not happen anymore. I think the officer wouldn't like if you resetted his valor points, for example. Do not rejoin, and tell them why. If the officer apologises and realises the weight of his actions, it's up to you. I wouldn't get too uptight about 9000 guild rep if it was my guild (been there for years now) but they must know what they did was wrong.

edit: nvm, it's 7AM. -.-

You are wrong. if you rejoin that guild you keep all the rep. You will only lose it when you join another guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Yeah I left a guild recently, didnt lose the rep until I rejoined another guild.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill settle this,

You do not lose guild rep for being kicked
    And I do know it says with you for at least 3 weeks, thats how long I waited till I rejoined my same guild.

You lose your guild rep by joining another guild.

seeing as this thread has already been settled....

inb4 over 9000.