Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Shadow is not top dps. Spots vary from fight to fight which is the way it should be. There is no real gap between anyone in the top 5 spots on most fights by the end of an encounter. Hunters do ridiculous damage in the first 20% of a boss where-as warriors do insane damage toward the end of an encounter. Fire mages / warlocks / Boomkins do crazy burst aoe. Boomkins / Shadow priests do crazy sustained multi-target dps. Warriors/Hunters are very good at swapping targets to adds that need to die quickly. Rogues do amazing single target damage are good for kicking and control. etc etc etc Every class has there viability and the top of the meters are held by classes that don't have "responsibilities" during encounters such as dispelling or kick rotations.

Shadow is in a good place and hopefully this change to mind sear will make it worth casting in certain encounters like Chogall or Magmaw or Maloriak or Sinestra, but I dunno. Said it before that even doubling the damage didnt seem like enough. We shall see.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mem View Post
    When I read 'auto-shot while running' buff back when I was wondering when they'd make all the channeled spells movable.

I.E., where's my moving-while-mind-flaying buff? Moving-while-arcane-missiles-buff? Moving-while-drain-life-buff?

No really blizzard, you didn't think letting hunters attack while moving wouldn't put them on top?
    Yeah, it's not like we don't lose 2600 AP right off the bat and the ability to cast aimed shot. Your dots just keep ticking for full damage.

Spamming DP while moving is higher sustained dps (until you need to refresh vt, sw through p&s, or cast mind blast) than casting mindflay. As long as you can stop to fulfill those 3 things while still moving, your dps as a shadowpriest should not go down while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by venfayth View Post
    Spamming DP while moving is higher sustained dps (until you need to refresh vt, sw through p&s, or cast mind blast) than casting mindflay. As long as you can stop to fulfill those 3 things while still moving, your dps as a shadowpriest should not go down while moving.
    Of course, having to use more Shadow Word: Deaths to regain the mana you lost spamming your most expensive spell over and over balance that out.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.