Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by lexaqua View Post
    Slightly off topic, but still something i need to know to understand the thread. Why is it important to keep Dodge and Parry ratings the same as opposed to having one larger than the other?

Besides diminishing returns, the main reason you keep them the same is because how the hit table works. I forget what order this is in but it works like this. Game rolls dice for block (if 20% you need a 20) next game rolls for dodge(if 15% you need a 15) game rolls for parry( you get the idea). So its best to try and keep them even for best avoidance chances. 33/33/33 would be better than 50/25/25.

Ty all for the responce. Excellent input in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    You can't have 100% avoidance...
    I mean the cap as in the 102.4% Avoidance is the cap. 100% avoidance would make every fight trivial.

Deleted
    You're mixing up avoidance, mitigation and the hit table here.
    Avoidance = Dodged or parried an attack, thus 0 damage taken. These cap out at 60%, I believe.

Now the 102.5% cap only paladins and warriors can go for. It means you take what ever avoidance you have and then fill up with mastery until you have 102.5% combined chance to either dodge, parry or block. This is called the unhittable cap/point.
    Do note: Block is not avoidance, it's mitigation. It only reduces damage taken by 30/40/60% (depending on class/ critical block).
    Thus 100% avoidance can never be reached.
    Last edited by mmoc31890f98ac; 2011-03-23 at 04:32 PM. Reason: changed avoidance cap %