Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So I finally quit WoW and now regret it.

I quit 6 days ago and uninstalled WoW on wednesday I logged into my battle.net account just now and did some maths work.

Since may 2008 I have spent over £284.96 on WoW, not including expansion costs and 1 pet and the celestial steed.

Seriously I really think how sad I'am now for spending that much money on a game, I could of done so much more things with that money...

Glad to be free of it but now I have to live with the shame of having the thought of having spent that amount of money on Blizzard.

In the scheme of things, that's not that much money. That's like a month of rent at a decent apartment in a not-heavily populated town (i.e. not NYC or San Fran, etc.)

You should really be more upset about the time, not the money. One of them you can earn back in a week or so of work - ish. The other you will never get back

think of it this way, how much money did you save by not buying a shitty maybe 7hr gameplay for $60 game?

10+ Year Old Account
    'Since may 2008' That is 2-3 years. In this time, you were able to do something you enjoyed at that time. You had your fun, otherwise you wouldn't play for that long. Why complain about £284-£350.. it is really not that expensive for doing a hobby for 3 years..
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^

Well for one I could of gotten a driving license or travelled to another country to a friends house for a few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    I quit 6 days ago and uninstalled WoW on wednesday I logged into my battle.net account just now and did some maths work.

Since may 2008 I have spent over £284.96 on WoW, not including expansion costs and 1 pet and the celestial steed.

Seriously I really think how sad I'am now for spending that much money on a game, I could of done so much more things with that money...

Glad to be free of it but now I have to live with the shame of having the thought of having spent that amount of money on Blizzard.
    Alright bro, I challenge you to give me examples of something you would've obtained as many hours of joy and entertainment from as you did with WoW for that money. Do you know what they say about time? Time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted.

you could still do that

but that's a few days

you bought YEARS of wow gameplay with that money

again, in the big scheme of things, 284 pounds is nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    I spend $20AU a month on WoW, this reduces my social life.

If I wasn't spending $20AU a month on wow, I would be spending $30AU *A WEEK* on beer/spirits/kebabs at the local pub.

Sadly, WoW is the cheaper option.

Deleted
    i don't thing that that's a BIG amount of money when you're doing something entertaining for 3 years..

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    First off GG on the misleading title and no your didn't have 248lbs (seewhatididthur) you had that divided by how many months...unless you save its only a small amount a month and the price if a regular game every year+. If you were playing a platform system you would have prob. spent more...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I did calculate how much I spent, and I feel a bit worse. With added in faction changes, server transfers I've spent roughly $1500 in the 6 years I've been playing. (Feb. 2005 is when I started.)

In 2009 I was doing like 9 hours of WoW per day and in 2008 I think it was around like 13 hours per day...

And oh crap I forgot about the character customisation as well.

That would bump me over £300....

OP, you think spending 284 pounds for 2-3 YEARS of entertainment is a waste of money? I guarantee you'll spend twice that amount in a month, maybe 3 weeks.
    Last edited by Underskilled; 2011-03-17 at 03:20 AM.

284 pounds for 3 years of entertainment...and you're ashamed? Are you mad? WoW is incredibly cheap in terms of overall value, assuming you're enjoying yourself. Buying new games, or indeed taking up other hobbies, is far, far more expensive.

The only reason you should feel shame is if you were dumb enough to continue paying for something you didn't like. Otherwise, you're just being a fool.
    Last edited by Pepitobenito; 2011-03-17 at 03:24 AM.

284 pounds on 3 years? That's nothing mate. Instead 3 years that you may lost your social oppertunity, that's worth a lot more. However u can still play WoW and keep your community tight if u know the proper time management. Let play the game than the game play us!

so you have only been quit for 6 days??? thats not a feat of strength. dont speak of how much money u wasted too soon cuz u will be tempted to get back on.

all these people who are "quitting" now prolly are just getting their first girlfriend. they will be playing again once the relationship calms down or break up lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    wow is cheaper than almost any other form of entertainment available. Ive spent MUCH MUCH more than that in the 4 years that Ive played and havent once regretted ever putting money into it since it entertains me for countless hours every year.

edit: grats on quitting though and good luck staying away.
    Last edited by Chloride; 2011-03-17 at 03:23 AM. Reason: boogers
    Was hit with a nerf bat!

I've been playing since November 2004 and I've spent a crapton of cash. I'm not too worried about it. The shame will not haunt me forever.

Any breaks I've taken from the game have been more expensive than the free time used playing. I guess I didn't add anything to this conversation. We should all just be able to thumbs-up the first comment, since it basically sums up every other opinion shared here, including mine. HEH!

coulda been worse. coulda bought a ps3 when it first came out

10+ Year Old Account
    I too have spent WELL above that number on WoW, quit last June, got rid of my comp, sold my account and am now frantically trying to get a new comp and account to start fresh, I just love the game to much....