Thread: Am I BH ready

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    edit: forgot to mention his enrage timer. Argaloth currently has a 5 minute enrage timer (300 seconds). he has 21,473,000 HP. this means you need 72,476 raidwide DPS on 10-man. assuming 6 DPS and 2 tanks (each half a DPS), this is 10,353 DPS per player. this should be easily achievable in 10-man with appropriate raidbuffs,
    Top comment from Argaloth's Page on wowhead. That's assuming the BH raid your in isn't taking 3 healers to be safe, in which case more dps is needed. If you think you can pull your weight on the boss then go ahead.

Edit: Just looked at your armoury and um... wow :S First thing I noticed was the obvious lack of hit like others said, and your reforges/gems ain't much better. Dont reforge haste > mastery. Mastery is yoru weakest stat. And those gems. I know your under hit cap (by alot) but dont ever gem 30 hit rating gems, especially when the socket bonus is useless to you (30 spirit? come on -.-).

Really, you should replace all those spirit items first. Spirit is useless to you now. Then see about getting some better trinkets. Seeing as your so far below the hit cap i'd suggest going to HoO (even normal HoO is good) and getting the hit trinket off the first boss.

Another suggestion would be to get Breeches Of Mended Nightmare. These are quite cheap now (on my server at least) and have almost perfect stats for you.

Again the reforging? One of your rings you are reforging haste > mastery. Dont reforge haste > mastery. SORT OUT THOSE REFORGINGS.

Ok im done. I can't do it anymore :< Here is a link to EJ's site. Read it and sort your mage out yourself. EJ Fire Mage guide

And OT. I personally wouldn't take you to a BH run myself.
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2011-03-18 at 02:54 PM.

i had a shammy ninja his way into my BH pug... ilvl was blues and greens... and did 12k+

i ninja'd him into my raiding roster... XD

15+ Year Old Account
    Just start up a 25 man bh pug, and when you get in you can /dance your way to victory :P. I think the enrage is literally impossible to hit in 25 man.... lol

If you want to go to BH first of all replace those PvP gear pieces with PvE ones. Get rid of all the remaining greenies(items below ilvl 333) and enchant all your gear.

Sort out your hit rating 'cause with just under 6% I doubt you'll hit 6-7k fully raid buffed.

Considering you've never been there before and you don't raid often(according to your character) I'd say go read and watch a video to grasp what actually will be going on in that fight. A dead <insert class> does 0 DPS/HPS/Tanking.

In short you're not ready for BH. I'd say you're ready for heroics but that's just about it. Back when the expansion first launched ppl were asking for a minimum of 10k dps to join a 10s PuG and would inspect your gear/spec before actually letting you in. Now PuGs raised the bar higher so if you want to get in one of them and get your loot/points do as above or try your luck by forming your own group, tho I'm not sure how well that will work because most people do actually moan a whole lot more nowdays if they see undergeared players.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    As long as you use (defensive) cooldowns, know tactics and how to avoid fires, you should be fine...
    This. Everything looks decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're fine, but there is one HUGE problem. You're not hit capped. you have a 5% hit rating and the hit cap is 17%. Other than that you're fine.

Other tips :
    Get a different meta gem.
    Get Enchants
    Replace your Int + Stam gem.
    Replace your Crit Gem.
    Reforge everything into hit, till you're hit capped.
    Last edited by Kawn; 2011-03-18 at 11:55 PM. Reason: just wanted to add tips, plus I noticed some grammar mistakes.

Deleted
    There is no way everyone here who is saying about his hit rating was hit capped when they first went to baradin hold.
    That said, I would not invite you to my BH raid, slack enchants and the gear is just somewhat low, just run some heroics, get some rep epics, buy a boe or 2, and you'll be pushing 10k dps on a dummy.
    But, if your group is decent, then you should be able to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Sort out your hit rating 'cause with just under 6% I doubt you'll hit 6-7k fully raid buffed.
    So you're saying he'd somehow lose 1k dps by gaining raid buffs? He said he was doing 7-8k on a heroic dummy self buffed, which is the same lvl as a raid boss so there's no reason to think his dps would go down. People's suggestions to reforge for hit and replace pvp gear are true, but that doesn't mean you cant do BH. I would be sure to get it done before tuesday, by leading one if you need to since ppl might not invite you. Not doing it is just wasting a change at gear/VP, when it is so easy now just randoms from trade can easily carry a subpar dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the advice guys. A fellow mage on my server told me that mastery and crit were better than haste, I don't know what he was thinking.
    As for the spirit gear, its the best gear Ive gotten so far as Ive been unlucky with drops lately. The sub par enchants are a lot cheaper than the top end ones, and I don't have too much gold to spend. I haven't a few months ago btw, as i can only play in bursts between school semesters.

So.. Stack as much hit as possible, then as much crit, then haste?

I'll try and get rid of the pvp and spirit gear, its just that I haven't got anything better to replace them with.

Thanks for all the help guys, any more advice is appreciated

there's allways going to be people like me with well over the required gear using BH as a dps dummy and going all out on him to check dps with raidbuffs and raid cooldowns. for instance in many of the BH groups ive been in 25man ive climbed from 15k dps to 20k dps in a few weeks and i see others do exactly the same. Baradin Hold is nothing more than a DPS dummy with full raid buffs/debuffs and a bit of movement.

p.s what i ment about people using it as a dps raid dummy, they will dps over your "low" gear and i still haven't wiped on Argaloth since we did it 10man as a guild with 340ilvl and that was only 1 wipe.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2011-03-19 at 01:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1o1 View Post
    Actually just realised on your armoury. You are wayyy under hit cap. According to your armoury, you are on 5.94% and the hit cap is at 17%. So with this, I'd so no, you are not ready for BH, think about replacing some gear first before attempting BH. If you dont know much about mages, check out Elitest Jerks and also the mage forum on MMO CHamp. (I'll post links at the bottom).

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t110326-...ge_compendium/

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/272-Mage
    People do BH in pvpgear with 0% hit. hes fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiie View Post
    There is no way everyone here who is saying about his hit rating was hit capped when they first went to baradin hold.
    I was >.>......

I won’t go in to gearing, but I’d recommend not relying on random ‘good’ people on your server for enchanting/gemming information. Go read up and educate yourself on things like stat weights, so you can make the best decisions for yourself. (: I’d also recommend you check up on a reforging site so that you can reach things like hit cap optimally.

I was. It was very easy.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually over hit cap, because for some reason blizzard's hit percentage is wrong. 1742 hit is cap.