15+ Year Old Account

Samsung's new 23" 1920 x 1080 (each) monitor

Well played Samsung, well played...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001429

I was about to mess myself until I was "blocked" by the price tag of $3,599.99

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear users of MMO-Champion Computer Forums,
    We at MMO Champion would like to award you all with these $3,599.999 6 panel 1920x1080 monitors for being such active community-goers. We love you and don't mind spending several thousand dollars on each of you.
    Thanks,
    MMO-Champion Staff

Oh, please?
    Last edited by Fuzzykins; 2011-03-18 at 03:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I googled it before class and saw a desktop setup showing, what appeared to be, Dragon age (O or 2) and the keyboard looked so small lol.

I am a big racing sim fan and I know lots of people who are have set ups for multi-screen in-home racing seats with wheel and everything. But it requires multiple xbox's and this baby could eliminate it.

thinking about that price now, it is maybe the same, or cheaper, than buying 6 separate 19'' monitors and would looks sexy with a steering wheel in front of it XD

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that it still has double wide bezels for a single unit pisses me off. They couldn't make it all one bezel? PLEASE! Gahhh. That's the biggest issue with using more than one monitor.

Microcenter had heavan benchmark running on one of these with SLI 6970s last time I was there.

The weirdest thing happened in the presence of this setup... the whole rest of the store was loud, people talking babies crying etc. But as soon as you came withing viewing range of this... it was eerie quiet. I felt like some holy spirit of awesomness was present and was trying to pull my wallet out of my pocket and over to the cash register.

Too bad it's worth more than a months pay! If you purchase one of these setups, I envy you. May you enjoy it throughly, I know I will in 5 years when it does not cost more than 2 of my whole computer.

Deleted
    hmm...needs re-engineering... possibly in MDF as its easy to work with as those screens ALL need their bezels removing which would naturally involve building a new frame. Or perhaps Samsung could just employ someone who actually plays games, watches movies or just generally uses more than one monitor and knows first hand how annoying it is and how doubly annoying it is that the bezels on this model are completely unnecessary.

**edit** clicked the link too... 8ms? surely this is intended for gaming use so why use 8ms screens?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a computer good enough to run at that large of a resolution will cost just as much as the monitors... or more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundarc View Post
    hmm...needs re-engineering... possibly in MDF as its easy to work with as those screens ALL need their bezels removing which would naturally involve building a new frame. Or perhaps Samsung could just employ someone who actually plays games, watches movies or just generally uses more than one monitor and knows first hand how annoying it is and how doubly annoying it is that the bezels on this model are completely unnecessary.

**edit** clicked the link too... 8ms? surely this is intended for gaming use so why use 8ms screens?
    My screen is 8ms and I don't have any problems.

I'm on an eyefinity setup right now 3x1. It can be overwhelming sometimes, I don't know how I'd handle a 3x2 setup. I have some pretty thick bezels on my monitors, barely noticeable after the first week. I can say once you go eyefinity, you don't go back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundarc View Post
    surely this is intended for gaming use so why use 8ms screens?
    Hard to say - 4-6 monitor setups like that are pretty common in network and backbone surveillance, and datacenters. And the bezel here is not a concern.

Furthermore - its common knowledge the GTG measurement on the specifications is utterly useless to gauge the display; particularly worth to consider since some IPS displays (60hz) still outperform every single TN display that isn't a 120hz one at minimizing ghosting, even though all of them are either 5ms or 8ms displays.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-03-19 at 05:24 AM.