Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

"3rd World War" incoming?

Hello, I was just watching the news, where they were talking about the planes being set into Libya.
    I came into a little scary conversation about it with some of my friends about it, we are all ofcourse hoping it is not going to happen and we hope Gaddafi will fall fast, but I have an easy question for you guys and a little harder;

How many planes are the different country's setting in. Denmark is currently coming with 4 f16 airplanes, 2 extra and a transport plane, it doesn't sound like much, but it is a lot for our small country.

Now, to the harder one;
    Do you think there is gonna be a small World War coming soon. Is Gadafi gonna send out the gas of some kind he have, is he gonna try to do the things he keep talking about, like the hell is gonna break loose?

I think it could happen, atleast a small one, not the big 2nd one, and he is not gonna take over the hole world, but what do you think?
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Afghanistan was gonna be the third world war, as was Iraq. In the end, dictatorship gone bad is all it is at the core. This time, it's just more publicised because it's not a new "phenomenom".
    Coder, Gamer, YouTuber - Thoughtcloud | YouTube - Latest: BF4 - AWS : AWSHIT BROTATO!
    Knows: Delphi, PHP, WQL/SQL/MySQLi, Python, jQuery, HTML, CSS | Learning: Ruby + Sinatra
    Phrases: Can't Replicate | Check StackOverflow | F*ck your illiterate elsif

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX670 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

People were saying the same crap about Saddam Hussein over Iraq. That is still a centralized conflict that hasn't expanded any, same with Afghanistan. If this evolves into something bigger, you have the right to come back to this thread and call me a retard. :P
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

1 there is no plans to invade or use force to intercept.
    they are only seeing that the no fly policy is beeing followed.

so no there is no 3th ww incomming

2 kadafi isn't going to do anything. there only barking loud but don't bite. at first they said they would not alllow any interverence from other counrty's, no the accepted the no fly thing without a single form of protest.

don't worry if there ever will be a thirth ww they will just flip nukes around blowing the earth up ^^

Personally, I'm not sure another 'World War' is truly possible. The World Wars were what they were because of trench warfare and the lack of extreme long-distance weaponry. In my opinion, I believe a World War in this day and age would be over before it ever had a chance to begin.

It takes more than multiple countries involved to call something a World War... it takes a global conflagration of truly unimaginable scale and destruction.

Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

In my eyes the 3rd WW is the war againts terrorism. But thats just my opinion.

I heard something about if europe will do something more to Libya it wont only attack a country but also the muslims and maybe start a war against the muslims.... So yeah XXI century and were still going with the religion wars....

it was once said before ..

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein

i totaly agree with him.

Blademaster
    OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    This change is just so ridiculous from both gameplay and lore perspective. Naga: Oh, my mate just turned into a sheep, and oh, there seems to be group of hordes standing there, I'm sure this is nothing to worry about!

No, I don't think a 3rd World War will ever happen. The War on Terror will be a very long and tedious war which will never end though. If a 3rd World War DID happen, the world would be a nuclear wasteland after it.

I don't think the trouble with Libya will cause a 3th World war, but a no-fly zone is usually a first step to a war, just like they did in Iraq. Khadaffi said there was a cease-fire but there are still reports that city's are still being bombed. The US should have finished it back in 1986. This man just has to be killed and i'm postive for an attack on his army, not just a no-fly zone. He is just trying to win time with the cease-firing, but Obama seems to know this trick already and gave him a last warning, Khadaffi can't do much against the US and other european countries, he will be torn apart.

Dreadlord
    I don't think some 3rd world pariah state rebellion will ever start a "world war". World wars (granted, there's only been 2) are waged by the superpowers. I don't think any of the superpowers are going to side with Libya, at least to the extent where they will attempt to challenge the might of those superpowers. I don't think even Gaddafi is that stupid.

Religion is the root to all evil in the world.
    Religion (can be) corrupt in nature because of those who practice it, human beings. We are ultimately the cancer (and evil) to this world, not the ideologies we have adopted.
    Last edited by skylla05; 2011-03-18 at 08:53 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

WW3 will likely be very unlike the previous ones. The only country apt to go for broke with nukes is North Korea. They have very little to lose and less concern for the repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Afghanistan was gonna be the third world war, as was Iraq. In the end, dictatorship gone bad is all it is at the core. This time, it's just more publicised because it's not a new "phenomenom".
    fenomnom?

and onto current events. gadafi is a bloated liar. he aint got shit and is goin down. i call for an execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Personally, I'm not sure another 'World War' is truly possible. The World Wars were what they were because of trench warfare and the lack of extreme long-distance weaponry. In my opinion, I believe a World War in this day and age would be over before it ever had a chance to begin.

It takes more than multiple countries involved to call something a World War... it takes a global conflagration of truly unimaginable scale and destruction.

I think this guy's right.
    I think the nearest we could come to another World War would be more like the Cold War than WW1/2.
    Honestly though I think we've learned our lesson for the most part - the only people I could see as aggressors for a real worldwide war would be some countries in the Middle East, and frankly they'd have to stop fighting each other so much to really pose a threat - the West has realised how strong and stable it can be as it is, and how devastating it would be to damage that stability.

The 'war on terror' or whatever it's being called now, and what's happening in Libya are terrible, but they could never escalate into a full world war, because they're between a fairly weak minority and an incredibly powerful majority - they don't even have majority support in their own countries.

Bear in mind this is just my uneducated opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    it was once said before ..

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein

i totaly agree with him.
    I really hope he was wrong because what he meant was that we will wipe out all our feasts, technology, buildings and just go back to the stone age with the weapons we will use in WW3 (atomic bombs)

Don't worry - the EU and Gaddafi and old buddies

(Picture taken last december, 4 months ago - EU president Van Rumpuy & Gaddafi)

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Don't worry - the EU and Gaddafi and old buddies

(Picture taken last december - EU president Van Rumpuy & Gaddafi)
    can you please tell me since when the EU has a president?

Waiting for the jews to build their temple. Until that I won't put my tinfoil hat on...

OT: There maybe is a 3WW going on behind our backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennsson View Post
    ignorance is the root to all evil in the world.
    Fix'd for ya^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Well, I suppose if you're going to burn a bridge, you may as well use lots of gas and make a really impressive fire that everyone will see for miles around.
    Buried Hope by XJ Selman! There is no reason NOT to buy this fantastic sci-fi/dystopian debut for the paltry sum of $.99! And I don't even tend to like sci-fi!