Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I couldn't help but notice that every war so far has taken place over on the other continents so far :\

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    how many countries are even involved??

how many are involved now?? doesnt seem like nearly as many as WW2 or maybe even WW1
    The war we have right now likely wont be breaking into a fullblown World War, not as long as China, Russia and India are right next to the Middle East.

Oh its gonna happen. As population continues to grow more resources will be consumed and this will quickly bring first world countries into major competition with each other. Im predicting the major epicenter of the war will be in Antarctica because its a freaking continent of untapped resources. Another thing thats going to be part of the war is the fact that now you cant just throw missiles or bomb another first world country. Not only do most of them have buddies that will help them but most have air defenses so you cant simply steam roll them by surprise without unleashing a huge piece of your arsenal. This will mean a return to large ground force attacks and development in armored vehicles and battle ships. And of course most first world countries have leaders that are smart enough to follow the M.A.D. principle so nukes likely wont be used (at least in the early and middle parts of the war). Thus, given the population of todays countries, and the tech being developed and already available the war could theoretically go on for DECADES (by the end of it there would probably be 3-4 major allied factions to).

The 3rd world war will probably start with North Korea. I highly doubt Gaddafi has the resources to launch an attack against the UN forces. And if N. Korea was to do it, they'd need some form of support from elsewhere unless they are creating WMDs of their own.

I daresay one day it will happen, but not with Libya.

For those that say a WW3 isn't possible or isn't happening, dead wrong. WW3 is happening right now, but it's cyberwarfare. Countries are trying to hack each other daily in an attempt to shutdown vital functions for each other. How many people remember the news story a year or so ago about how open the US electrical grid is to attack and the fact that they've been seeing attacks against it. WW3 is here, it's just not physical, it's electronic.

Whatever it is I'm not fighting in it. Let all the poor fools blow each other up over whatever fucking stupid reason. Hopefully I survive the fallout and the land around is still in habitable and able grow food.

If anything would start WW3 it would be Iran nuking Israel. Which they wouldnt do until the Muslim brotherhood solidified its control over Libya and Egypt and the inclusion of Syria and Turkey starting their Caliphate. The saudis and Yemen would fall in line. They would close down the Suez before Starting the assault on Israel.

As long as Obama or any other democrat isnt in power we will win.

---------- Post added 2011-04-11 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Whatever it is I'm not fighting in it. Let all the poor fools blow each other up over whatever fucking stupid reason. Hopefully I survive the fallout and the land around is still in habitable and able grow food.
    With that attitude i hope you arent an american under the age of inclusion when this starts. Or that you signed a selective service form in order to get any federal funding for school or a federal loan.

It simply isn't genetically possible for a man to have big enough balls to start a world war in the era of nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by applethin View Post
    It simply isn't genetically possible for a man to have big enough balls to start a world war in the era of nukes.
    Are you aware that the Islamic nations think they are going to get 72 virgins if they die in battle against the little and big satan? They dont care if they die as long as the grease some jews, americans or non-muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally View Post
    Are you aware that the Islamic nations think they are going to get 72 virgins if they die in battle against the little and big satan? They dont care if they die as long as the grease some jews, americans or non-muslims.
    The governments of the middle east aren't as irrational as you think.

Its curious to note that you didn't bother to make a distinction between the radical elements in the area and the rest of those countries.

Quote Originally Posted by stevorino View Post
    germany would not be involved, so no WW :P
    Lol'd

But if we had another World War, it would be over food. It wouldn't be in our life times, either. Food and Water are at a lower commodity than you might think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

And the technical term for a super power is to have nuclear arms, America has around 8,500 and Russia around 11,000 and Britain has 225, again, strength in numbers, ours are probably better nukes
    You do know the U.K. leases Trident missiles and warheads for your SSBN's from the United States?

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    America and Russia have strength in numbers, England has strength in skill, the british army, royal marines.. all our infantry has the best, most rigorous training in the world, especially our royal marines. I'm not looking to troll here, but any Americans saying 'our Marines are hardcore and the best in the world' are talking out their arse a little bit, not going to deny they're hardcore, as for best in the world?
    Americans are the subject of many friendly fire incidents out in the middle east, I'm yet to here about any Brits shooting on allies.

And the technical term for a super power is to have nuclear arms, America has around 8,500 and Russia around 11,000 and Britain has 225, again, strength in numbers, ours are probably better nukes

As for a 3rd war incoming, doubt it. The world is policed a lot better now, like it or not countries like Britain and the US will go to countries where there is conflict, and if we aren't part of the fighting, we're watching watching very closely to stop it getting out of hand.

Plus if there is a world war 3, Russia will win, purely because of FPSrussia. He'll kill us all with Akimbo m16's
    You are forgetting our armies are most experienced in the fields of battle. How many countries you know that are fighting three wars at the same time having a large reserve.

---------- Post added 2011-04-11 at 07:51 PM ----------

If anything would start WW3 it would be Iran nuking Israel. Which they wouldnt do until the Muslim brotherhood solidified its control over Libya and Egypt and the inclusion of Syria and Turkey starting their Caliphate. The saudis and Yemen would fall in line. They would close down the Suez before Starting the assault on Israel.

As long as Obama or any other democrat isnt in power we will win.

---------- Post added 2011-04-11 at 11:15 PM ----------

With that attitude i hope you arent an american under the age of inclusion when this starts. Or that you signed a selective service form in order to get any federal funding for school or a federal loan.
    Muslim brotherhood has no control over libya or syria. they don't exist there i believe not sure though have to check. And the whole islamic calipate, you have to be an idiot to believe that. The only times muslim ever united was under the sword, literally one muslim country conquering another and so on and so on. This can not happen in this time.

Quote Originally Posted by applethin View Post
    You feel pain momentarily before you're melted by a Nuke. The nukes today are thousands of times more powerful than the ones dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It took more balls to get a big knife and go fight a bunch of other guys with big knives. It took more balls to sit in a trench for 4 years with shells dropping all around you, where the average lifespan of a soldier was ~3-4 weeks. It took more balls to go into a jungle you don't know, where a bush could be an enemy, or what you think is an enemy could be a bush, with one of the most defective rifles of the 20th century, when your enemy had - argueably - one of the best rifles every designed/created. It takes fucking balls to go to a place where it's 40 degrees celcius every day, where you could step on an IED or a Landmine *and live*, or get ambushed because everybody that isn't one of you, is one of them. Yeah, Afghanistan is like the Matrix. They're all enemies.

All those things take more balls because you know you're going to die, it just takes alot fucking longer to happen, and is alot slower when it does.

A nuke is certain. A Nuke is instant. You get melted. It's over. No pain. No fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The governments of the middle east aren't as irrational as you think.

Its curious to note that you didn't bother to make a distinction between the radical elements in the area and the rest of those countries.
    Every Muslim of note anywhere has confirmed that there is no such thing as Radical Islam. There is only Islam. I recognize that there are muslims who just want to live a peaceful life. They however are not the ones in power and their voices are drowned out by the flag burners and militant factions.

There were peaceful germans too but they suffered the fate of their countries defeat along with the others.

Boretom leats to apadhy, apadhy leats do lazy, ant lazy leats do obesidy.
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    how many countries are even involved??

i mean WW2 had.. how many countries envolved??

germany
    italy
    great brittian
    france
    US
    japan
    russia
    north africa
    china
    and a bunch of other countries

how many are involved now?? doesnt seem like nearly as many as WW2 or maybe even WW1
    I assume you mean Involved.

World War 1
    16+ nation involved

World War 2
    27+ nations involved

Korean War
    84+ nations involved

Vietnam War
    16+ nations involved

Gulf War
    28+ nations involved

Afghanistan 2002-current
    48+ nations involved

Iraq War
    44+ nations involved
    I think this Answers that question. Although it only counts Wars America was involved in. The Soviet war with Afghanistan Had at least 16 Soviet block Nations involved, and Nato Supplied and Trained the Taliban. Also the Six Day War against Israel had 11 Arab Nations which tried to invade Israel. So the Term WW really is just for the two wars against Germany.

Korea, Vietnam, The Gulf war, Afghanistan and Iraq war took place in those respective countries / regions. WWI and WWII raged across several countries and regions. I think that is a better qualification of what a world war is.

Korea, Vietnam, The Gulf war, Afghanistan and Iraq war took place in those respective countries / regions. WWI and WWII raged across several countries and regions. I think that is a better qualification of what a world war is.
    Not to cite this quote as a specific reason for this post but;
    The amount of historical ineptness in this thread is staggering. Just because it's beginning in a region doesn't mean it cannot escelate. World War 2 initially involved 3 countries, and exploded in '39 post Poland, Just like WW1 involved 3 countries but was exacerbated by alliances. I think this entire thread is ridiculous but drawing comparisons from WW1 and WW2 is asinine, considering the lack of knowledge of the conflicts from most here.

(also the guy citing 16 soviet countries, the USSR was very similar in mechanics to the USA, although instead they are considered republics as opposed to states. Another example of this is Germany pre-unification in 1871, before that it was still Germany going to war, not Germany, Bavaria and the outlying German subsidiary republics and states. If the USA went to war, you wouldn't consider that 50 nations going to war now, would you?)
    Last edited by wordup; 2011-04-12 at 01:04 AM.
    Enhancement Shaman / Feral Druid

“All things are subject to interpretation, whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I assume you mean Involved.

I think this Answers that question. Although it only counts Wars America was involved in. The Soviet war with Afghanistan Had at least 16 Soviet block Nations involved, and Nato Supplied and Trained the Taliban. Also the Six Day War against Israel had 11 Arab Nations which tried to invade Israel. So the Term WW really is just for the two wars against Germany.
    A world war is not really defined by how many countries were fighting but rather where the fighting took place, World War 1, was mainly limited to Europe and Asia although some fighting happened in Africa (depending on your definition of Africa), World War 2 saw fighting in Europe, Africa, Asia, North America, Australasia.

If you state any war that involves more than 10 nations then pretty much anything that involved the British empire or the French foreign legion would count as a world war.

Cyberwarfare, civil unrest, diminishing resources, increasing costs.

WW# is already here, it's just not the type of war we read about in history, or see on the news.