Dragon age 2 unable to load saved games for the second time

Like the title says, this is the second time this has happened to me.

First time I started a rogue and got around to the time after the deep roads when the game started not to recognize my saved chars and asked me to make a new one. I downloaded the patch which was supposedly going to fix which sadly it did not.

Because I really liked the game I decided to start fresh and made a new char. I reached probably half of the 3rd act after you become the champion who saved the city and now I am faced with the same problem all over again. All the achivements are there which shows I actually killed stuff yet it does not see my saved game file.

As much as I love the game I don't really feel like investing time again doing the same stuff I did over and over again. So if anyone who has experienced this problem could help me it would be much appreciated. Would really hate to miss out on a great game due to bioware tech issues.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by methus View Post
    Like the title says, this is the second time this has happened to me.

First time I started a rogue and got around to the time after the deep roads when the game started not to recognize my saved chars and asked me to make a new one. I downloaded the patch which was supposedly going to fix which sadly it did not.

Because I really liked the game I decided to start fresh and made a new char. I reached probably half of the 3rd act after you become the champion who saved the city and now I am faced with the same problem all over again. All the achivements are there which shows I actually killed stuff yet it does not see my saved game file.

As much as I love the game I don't really feel like investing time again doing the same stuff I did over and over again. So if anyone who has experienced this problem could help me it would be much appreciated. Would really hate to miss out on a great game due to bioware tech issues.
    Which system? PC, PS3, or X360?

15+ Year Old Account
    thats what you get when your QA is chinese, thanks EA

did you patch the game? Just asking you never know

First question PC, 2nd yes i did patch the game after my first char the rogue experienced same issue.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

first question, how are you able to play DA2 a second time?

Quote Originally Posted by donwayne View Post
    Well all the achivements are there,which proved i did play the game. Starting a new char aka my war qualifies as playing the game a second time.

i mean how are you able to play dragon age 2 a second time. are you that bored lol!?

Haha, I have the flu and you made me laugh. Thank you!

Have you looked on their tech support page for any similar issues? That would be my first move. If that doesn't work, you could always try emailing or calling in, though waiting around on the phone can be pretty crappy.

If you do try the email route, give them as much system info as possible, as well as stuff that might not even sound like it matters. This way you will hopefully not get caught up in the email ping pong as they ask you for more information.
    Last edited by cloister; 2011-03-18 at 09:17 PM.

i mean how are you able to play dragon age 2 a second time. are you that bored lol!?
    If you skip all the dialogues and know what to fight and where to do it you can breeze through it. Like i said i care mostly about the story since combat is kinda repetitive.

i do no know about your savegame issues but if you have the original game and the bioware forums or their support do not provide a solution for you, you could consider using a scene rip instead of the original game. just dont be a fool and use p2p because uploading it would still be a violation of your countries copyright laws.

you could check beforehand if you have trouble with your dlc though. if you perhaps have the prince dlc and already played it (added the guy to your group) but your current game cannot authorize this dlc you may be unable to load a savegame.

ack hates when that happens I remember when I played Borderlands, somehow my characters would get "corrupted" once in a while