The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Explorer stops working

Alright, so my friend had this problem and I solved his ages ago but I can't remember what was the actual problem(s).
    This has happend to me now for the last 3 days and trying to edit a montage this is driving me insane, and I'm in dire need of your help.
    Everytime I re-name a file or just mess with it abit it stops responding and I need to restart Explorer.
    I've been googling like a maniac but haven't been able to find anything which would help.
    So I'm begging you MMO, help me!

Using 86bit windows 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protqt View Post
    Alright, so my friend had this problem and I solved his ages ago but I can't remember what was the actual problem(s).
    This has happend to me now for the last 3 days and trying to edit a montage this is driving me insane, and I'm in dire need of your help.
    Everytime I re-name a file or just mess with it abit it stops responding and I need to restart Explorer.
    I've been googling like a maniac but haven't been able to find anything which would help.
    So I'm begging you MMO, help me!

Using 86bit windows 7.
    Best advice, call microsoft first, then your hard drive get it checked.

I have been having the same issue on one of my laptops running 32 bit Vista. However, mine is a little bit different because no matter what I do (even if it is nothing), my explorer stops working and I have to restart. Since I couldn't do anything (couldn't even boot into safe mode without explorer crashing) I replaced the hard drive with the one that came with the laptop and that temporarily solved the issue.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Best advice, call microsoft first, then your hard drive get it checked.
    I've called microsoft but the customer support I got from the was horrid. She couldn't help me nor did I think she tried to.

I haven't checked my harddrive yet but I doubt that it's because of that, I forgot to mention that I've got an external harddrive for the clips. (Western Digital Element)

When you mention about the harddrive and stuff, it's only my external which is making explorer crash. Changing things on C: is working flawlessly but it keeps screwing me over on the external. Guess a quick workaround is moving all the clips and stuff into main harddrive if it now works.

Edit: Copying the 540gb folder which I really need into C: as we speak.
    Oh the joy.
    Last edited by Protqt; 2011-03-19 at 09:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Using 86bit windows 7.
    ...I think I found your problem.

Going to assume you mean 32bit.
    Last edited by Asera; 2011-03-19 at 02:42 PM.
    red panda red panda red panda!

at first, i thought you meant internet explorer.

i wish you luck.