Thread: Well... I quit

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Lock pvp state

So, it has been a long time comming but with the state of warlock pvp right now, I just cannot stand it.

Basically we do this Dot Dot Dot Fear then some dispel happy healer comes along and Dispels. Then I start Again... dot dot dot fear. This time my herp derp dps on my team has the healer trained somehow so the dispel doesnt come, but ofc the self healing every class does is more than my dot damage.

Single target pressure (or pressure of any kind) for affliction is broken as hell thanks to Soul Swap. (Get rid of the glyph and buff our dots and make shadow embrace one stack)

Until this happens I'm done. Just going to get points for the next 3 weeks, Then I'll be in full vicious ready for the next change locks get. God forbid it is another nerf.

The so called "buff" we are getting in 4.1 is not what is needed. Haunt damage increase .. Hah! that really isn't much now is it. Pet buff is a good dps boost for PVE (which was needed) but it just makes it a kill target in pvp now. When it dies, we lose our offensive dispel and silence. The 5% dot damage increase.. not enough.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by mmoc3522247018; 2011-03-19 at 09:33 AM.

Don't come back until next expansion, hopefully PvP will be fixed by then.

id say go play RIFT... well if you have a good pc...

If the only reason you play WoW is for the PvP you should have quit ages ago

Last time I checked AJ there is still quite the high representation of warlocks in the 2600-2800+ ranking.

Just sayin', might not be the class thats at fault here.

Also, by posting a topic that says, "I quit" you're inviting trolls to come in and flame you.

Deleted
    I don't really feel that this thread is necessary if I'm being honest... okay, so you're having a bad time with the game, loads of people have their moments where they don't want to play anymore, its fine. Nobody is making you play it at the end of the day... Just come back at a later stage or something, but please, don't post threads like this, it really annoys people.

Oh no, please! Don't quit, we need you!!!!

On topic: Stop QQ'ing, warlocks are in a good spot right now, in a 3v3 match (no, not 1.3k rated) they just put dots on everyone and CC the healer, so there's no way to heal up, and the only thing that is needed is some damage from the 2nd player on the 2nd team. Averagely in all the warlock comps I've met lately, the warlock tends to do 2x the damage of me and my partner as well as their 2nd damage class/spec. Not only the damage is insane, the CC is sick as well.

Deleted
    I did not want to provoke trolling. I was trying to provoke responses from other Locks on their opinion on where we stand at the moment. Perhaps the title was wrong :P

And yeh.. locks can get to 2.4k with partners doing the damage while you fear bomb. Personally, i don't find that enjoyable enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if we we for some dumb reason said we didn't want you to quit, you're still going to quit anyway blaming it on the class you play. Because it may just be that that the problem isn't the class, but the player playing not having a clue. So this thread is basically pointless.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Yeah, I don't know a lot about locks, but all I know is that they're definetely not underpowered, and there's no reason to buff them, perhaps change something, but not to buff them.

Why would you recommend rift to someone whining about PvP balance? lol..... It's the most unbalanced pvp environment I've ever participated in.

WoW pvp is much more stable than rift, but it's still far from balanced... But it never will be with the size of the pool they're trying to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnik View Post
    Even if we we for some dumb reason said we didn't want you to quit, you're still going to quit anyway blaming it on the class you play. Because it may just be that that the problem isn't the class, but the player playing not having a clue. So this thread is basically pointless.
    It's pointless because he's playing an mmo for PvP. Online shooter multiplayer and player against player RTS games are what you should look to if you're into PvP. That's why they have them at all those ridiculous esports shows and so few (Or often none) MMO PvP. The point of an mmoRPG is to play a fantasy character with other players who are also playing their fantasy characters to overcome a challenge as a team against a story creature. PvP in this video game, in everquest, in RIFT, in phantasy star, in every MMO ever has been and always will be an afterthought.

This just isn't the best video game for PvP. Period. There's nothing wrong with doing PvP, but expecting it to ever be balanced for a decent amount of time is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    Why would you recommend rift to someone whining about PvP balance? lol..... It's the most unbalanced pvp environment I've ever participated in.

WoW pvp is much more stable than rift, but it's still far from balanced... But it never will be with the size of the pool they're trying to balance.
    yea playing a cleric on rift was kinda like shockadins and holy shock had a 1sec cd.
    the warrior isn't much better either, think dk with infinite rp.

I would say leave my warlock alone it's in a good place pve wise i don't wanna see another damn tbc / wrath were they ruin affliction for pvp reasons go play another class or some if you don't like the warlock as is!

Deleted
    Game isn't balanced on 1vs1 this have been said thousand times.

Read this thread about 1000 times in the last week.

Create another alt?
    Honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by mawrok View Post
    Thoughts?
    Let the door hit you on your way out.

God not again pls leave not come back......
    We sick of this those threads...

Quote Originally Posted by mawrok View Post
    The so called "buff" we are getting in 4.1 is not what is needed. Haunt damage increase .. Hah! that really isn't much now is it.
    I play Ele shaman, or I did until I quit. Remove heroism because it made mages too good to the point where there is no point in bringing a shaman, over a mage. And as an eleshaman you really bank on heroism and having buffs like constant aoe pulsing fear/charm break (which got nerfed as well since you cant use it all the time). Instead of compensating for that they are like 'HERE YOU GO ELEMENTAL SHAMANS! 10% MORE LAVA BURST DAMAGE!' instead of finally introducing more survivability. I was 2200+ the past 2 seasons, gg, playing rift now great game but they are having some serious security loopholes. Many people are getting hacked in it that don't have keyloggers or viruses, at least claim not to (I don't). And the coin lock feature they just added is now making hackers delete the characters they instead of just take their money and sell their gear -.-;;

Been waiting over 5 days now for an account restore : /

Quote Originally Posted by hayharut View Post
    id say go play RIFT... well if you have a good pc...
    Yep. It's basically wow, but with a different shirt on.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side