Thread: Archaeology

Archaeology

Hey guys, so.. My 4th Warrior (They're fun to level up, don't judge me! ) Is almost 60, When I hit 60 with a Character.. I usually Spend time getting their Professions to Outland Skill Level. My question is, should I spend time doing Archaeology? I guess I'm asking if it's worth it?

My answer?

Yes.

I'm now lvl 65 on my druid, and grinding for a rare I've found.
    I've been getting roughly 3500 - 3700 EXP for each fragment pile I've found.

DO EET.

And you get a nifty title.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some would say yes and some would say no. The question however is do you feel lucky? Because you are gonna need a fair amount of luck to get anything useful within a decent timeframe from Archaelogy.

I farmed the ring for my Priest, but I find it to be a time-consuming and boring profession personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you know about and are super-excited for the rewards, you might not want to bother. It's really a profession that's best suited to picking away at as you explore - it goes a lot faster once you've got flying, but it's still pretty dull if you just start grinding away at it. Its mostly all lore and flavor items.

I'd say take a look at wowpedia and check up on the rewards from it - if nothing leaps out at you as something you'd really like, I wouldn't bother.

Deleted
    not worth it, and must be a REAL chore until you have epic flyer.
    i sacrificied a lot of my time at 85 leveling it, got 14 useless, not fun, long cd artefacts/items, a mount that everyone around has too, and no 85 epics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the Profession Forums.
    Dawwwwwww

Deleted
    well, as you are being a warrior the only thing at "max level" is a sword. A great sword, but it must be the hardest thing to achieve in archeology! (and I know, I have obtained the professor title). So it takes a lot for that single item if you even get it. By that time you would have reached level 85 and have 2 functionally professions maxed.
    So dont go there unless it's a nice main and you are working on achievements.