How much DPS should these people be doing?

Hunter: Ilvl 350
    Fire Mage: Ilvl 349
    Elemental Shaman: Ilvl 350
    Feral Druid: Ilvl 350
    Ret Paladin: Ilvl 359 (lots of pvp gear)

I'm talking about dummy target. How much DPS should they be doing?

Dummy DPS really doesn't mean anything. The hunter, for example, will probably have the Careful Aim talent, which will artificially boost his DPS by letting him crit a lot more.

Assuming all of those characters are properly geared, they should be pulling well over 10k without any issue, and easily 15k in a raid. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Item level is inaccurate for predicting dps.

Also MM Hunter will easily top dps on dummies because of the permanent 60% crit buff.

You are right, I forgot that talent. What about fights like Magmaw (the hunter kiting) and Omnitron?

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental Shaman with i350:

On thing like BH you can probably push out 16-17k dps.

On fight like Al'Akir, 9-12k depends on RNG.

Long story short, all depends on fight mechanics and class mechanics.

Deleted
    I'm a feral druid in ilvl 357 gear (3 pieces away from bis and still without 4t11)
    Unbuffed, I can do about 16k dps on the level 85 dummy and 21k on the level 60 one.

However, as said already, those numbers don't really matter.
    In a raid situation I'm normally able to maintain 19-21k dps. The best results you will get on Valiona&Theralion as it's a fairly simple tank&spank encounter.

Edit: Armory link
    Last edited by mmocc1c2045491; 2011-03-19 at 01:20 PM.

Dummy dps is bad way to measure one's dps in an actual raid environment.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

on dummy the numbers wont be real.
    For instance retpaladins get alot more crit and str through raidbuffs and thus improving dps alot.
    Same with all class/specs. for instance a shadowpriest without a lock will do alot less damage than he could do with a lock.

For instance my paladins retri offspec 353 ilvl does 16k dps on dummies, burst 26k on dummies.
    In raids i hold 19-20k dps and burst close to 30k dps. Dummy dps doesnt mean anything.

dummies are mainly for getting your rotation/prio down as good as you can. Numbers you get are pretty irrelevant, unless you do like 5k with that gear

I wouldn't say the numbers are irrelevant, nor an inaccurate way to measure. Look at it this way, if the person does X dps against standalone boss dummy, you expect them to do at least that much in a raid with full buffs. If they do less, then you know that they have serious issues with movement and positioning. Some fights where my dps as melee is gimped, I end up doing fairly close to my solo raid dummy dps actually. Other fights I can pull off 3-6k more easily. Not counting gimmick fights like Halfus and Magmaw.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned