Deleted

Graphic problems while playing

Recently I started using dual screen on my computer and these lines and plates apeared while playing. I reverted all the graphic changes and repaired wow a couple of times, but they'r still there.

Can you help me, is this a wow related problem or did I just burned off my video cards?

img810.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot031611193645.jpg

Video-card related. Called Artifacts. Could be permanent, but doesn't have to be.
    Have you overclocked your GPU(s)?

Deleted
    Nop, I haven't overclocked the video cards, just the CPU (with the programs you get with the computer)

Then I probably over-heated them. I have two Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4870 in Cross fire x and they can peak over 97°C while modeling in 3D.

Made an account to pop in and refer you to a link on the World of Warcraft forums. I was having this problem (twice actually, it fried a relatively old card and almost hurt my current one). Starts harmlessly with a few freezes before it really starts freaking out, but as it turns out the fix was simple, and this one worked for me.

Do you all notice any differences in the issues if you tried using either the Direct3D11 engine or the default Direct3D9 engine?

* Right-click on the shortcut you use to start WoW and select "Properties"

* You should see a target line in the new window that is already highlighted.

* Add -d3d11 to the end of what is already there, be sure that there is a space between the hyphen and the end-quote and that there is a space.

It should look similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Launcher.exe" -d3d11

Try the game again afterwards.
    Full thread: us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1306103911?page=3#48

Hope this helps.

Deleted
    O_o

You shouldnt be overclocking your CPU through software by the way.

To the guy who recommended switching dx11 on /off.

That video card does not support DX11. The first to support it were the 5xxx series from ATI.

As for a solution to the problem, I had this problem back when I had an onboard GPU (Very shitty). Whenever this happenned I would have to /reloadui or reload the game..
    This happens due to your video card, try removing one of them and running the game, if you get artifacts, take it out and put the other card in instead..

This way you could try to isolate the problem, as I doubt both cards would be defective.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think the setting for DX 9 would be "-d3d9"
    not all cards support DX 11 and also, you must have Windows 7 for that to work.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for all the replies, love ya all. I'll get my computer checked at the seller.

Why is it wrong to overclock the CPU via software btw? The comp comes with software for this, keybinds on keyboard and everything else?

Yes I don't know much about this:P

Those are VRAM artifacts, so your card could just be overheating; might not be fried yet.

I'd open up your computer and see if the cpu heatsink is cooling the cpu properly, and then check the gpu fan settings. You can always download Afterburner and edit the gpu fan settings in there. Check your fan speeds in the BIOS too.