Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I don't hate RP'ers, and have never been on a RP server. I'm doubt I would be creative enough to be able to participate on one so I've never bothered.

If you don't chat in character, can you be booted from the server?

Deleted
    @barker: Even on every RP-Realm i played ... noone is interested in RP. So, noone cares, if you are OOC 24/7.

Out of 20k Users on RP Servers ... maybe 100 do RP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil View Post
    I did accidentally join an RP server and got reamed for not RPing (i've seen more hate towards not RPing than I have towards RPers) so that gave me a bad taste for RPers. I'm just here to have fun and socialize with people, if you're going to be a dick to me because i'm not going to play your RP games then u can eat it. I'm sure not all RPers are like this, but i've seen enough that it gives the stereotypical impression.
    No offence BUT you joined an RP server...a server dedicated to RP. It is incredibly irritating to see an orc named Roguepwner jumping around saying "lololol" when your on a server dedicated to RPers. You clearly were spamming OOC crap in /say to be noticed by others. Unfortunately Blizz doesn't give a shit about enforcing server guidelines.

If you don't want to RP fine BUT don't join an RP server and bitch about/mock RPers

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    h4t3rs gonna h4t3

/thread

Majority of the hate against RP usually stems from some bad experience a person had with it. Then they go on and assume that all role-playing is like that, and begin a crusade against it.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    No offence BUT you joined an RP server...a server dedicated to RP. It is incredibly irritating to see an orc named Roguepwner jumping around saying "lololol" when your on a server dedicated to RPers. You clearly were spamming OOC crap in /say to be noticed by others. Unfortunately Blizz doesn't give a shit about enforcing server guidelines.

If you don't want to RP fine BUT don't join an RP server and bitch about/mock RPers
    You know what they say about assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    Some of them take it far to far and live in a little world of there own
    this can be said about a lot of things.

ot:I love RPing,never been on a RP server,since i hear people don't rp anymore,but i rp with my friends when we troll the LFD

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Majority of the hate against RP usually stems from some bad experience a person had with it. Then they go on and assume that all role-playing is like that, and begin a crusade against it.
    kinda like DKs,huntards etc.

I can't understand why all the cool kids think LARPing is lame. You get to hit fat nerds with sticks, and if you feel like it, you can talk in a funny accent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look behind you .................... I ain't there.
    Reasons i believe people turn to so much RP hate is becuse the term is usually connected to the terms of "no life" and "geek".'

Allthough this is just predictions, people do assume anything about stuff they don't know much about. As we humans are allways hostile towards something new. Unsure and need to know more about it before we do it.

I did RP quite alot in late Wotlk - Pre-Cata. But in the end i noticed it was allways the same drama. As i were in a military RP guild on my rogue, i usually did end up Emote fighting against someone who were totaly "Op" (and notice the quote) and allways wanted to be the "hero" (quote again).
    My point of this is that even RP:ers get some RP hate due to it sometimes being all the same and people doesn't RP "correctly" in their terms.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    this can be said about a lot of things.

ot:I love RPing,never been on a RP server,since i hear people don't rp anymore,but i rp with my friends when we troll the LFD

kinda like DKs,huntards etc.
    Good point.

People who do hate RP, but has tried sometimes just get the picture of what people call GS-RP, where people just goes around to LOL-RP and doesn't give a S**t about lore nor language.
    Last edited by Cylupus; 2011-03-22 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Added Goldshire
    -Every forum begins with a single post-
    - Hadloc Vulture, lvl 50 Trooper. Gunnery Commando. Shaltin Tunnels

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its good there are RP realms, cause than us pple on PvE and PvP realms dont have hear or to worry about it ever
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkz View Post
    You know what they say about assume.
    My point was that the only way you can tell a none-RPer from an RPer is if they're spouting OOC stuff in /say. Considering he says he was 'flamed' by RPers means he must have being showing a public display,

I could never, ever play on a non-RP server. The number of ridiculous names I see on Argent Dawn (an EU RP realm) is more than enough to keep me away from PvP/Normal realms.

I don't hate on RP, it makes me laugh, my buddy used to do when he first got on WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
    Never underestimate Blizzard's aptitude when it comes to nerfing Warlocks.

Fear of the weird/unknown and probably to boost their self esteem. :/

I've never even attempted or taken part in any RPing but I don't see any reason to mock it. I mean REALLY people. YOU'RE PLAYING WOW, You have no right to insult anyone for doing something "stupid" "nerdy" "weird" or what ever! XD

I play on Feathermoon, an RP server. Nobody RPs. Occasionally I get some moron in a random that says something stupid along the lines of "LOLRP". I respond with "Forsooth, thou hast received the booteth, may ye enjoy many warm summers in your new DPS queue." And then me and my guildies vote-kick them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sespiria View Post
    I could never, ever play on a non-RP server. The number of ridiculous names I see on Argent Dawn (an EU RP realm) is more than enough to keep me away from PvP/Normal realms.
    I hear you there