Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Smile Living Bomb explode or no?

I know this sounds like a newbie question but.....
    I've been getting mixed info on this from various places. Do we want to refresh Living Bomb before it explodes on single target or do we want to let it explode? Thanks in advance for clearing it up for me. =)

It's free damage. Why not?

Let it explode. Then re-apply.

Deleted
    You let it explode. Simple as that.

Deleted
    Make sure to time your casts with your refresh. Cast a scorch if a fireball takes too much time.

k thx, that's what I've been doing, just wanted to make sure. My guild master informed me yesterday that I'm not pulling the numbers he expects me to and that my dps fluctuates too much, because according to World of Logs there are people with less gear pulling more than me. I pull 18-19k on most boss fights in a 10 man. Yesterday I was dpsing a dummy and was pulling a steady 16k self buffed. Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nklol/advanced. I made some changes to my gear according to rawr and then I put my character in it again today only to find out that i need to make more changes....I'm at work right now so that's not possible at the moment.
    Last edited by Eloona; 2011-03-19 at 04:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Fire damage will fluctuate depending on fights. On Halfus/Maloriak, where there are shitloads of adds, you'll naturally pull more. In single target fights, you'll drop back a little simply because of Fire mechanics.

Due the RNG nature of fire (to crit or not to crit), you can see quite large differences in DPS. If you get unlucky, you can really see your dps nosedive.

Deleted
    18k-19k is fine for your current gear level, especially in 10man when the buffs may not be optimal. Your guild master is clearly expecting far too much.

Thanks guys I'll have to show him this thread. I told him that I know I can improve maybe slightly but I've been doing all the research possible and can't really see a way to improve to the extent he thinks I can. I know I'm not perfect but I also know I'm not bad XD Thanks again all! Sorry for the newb question about living bomb, I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    100% explode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explode. It does a significant amount of damage, then just reapply afterwards.

im so happy im not in a raiding guild. im not paying to have other people tell me what to do.

having said that i'm not sure what he expects out of you. 18-19k is fine

If it's a single target fight like argaloth/chimaeron, then 18k is good for your gear.

I looked at your armory, you do not want mastery. At your gear level haste should be better than crit, but both are better than mastery. Get rid of every bit of mastery you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumintrollet View Post
    Make sure to time your casts with your refresh. Cast a scorch if a fireball takes too much time.
    This used to be the case since we had to scorch weave anyway, but I tested using SimC and using a fireball regardless was about a 50 dps increase.
    Last edited by Dacomp89; 2011-03-20 at 12:52 AM.

Yea you even reforged into mastery :s

Hit cap > Haste / Crit >>>>>>>>> Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by MysticCookie View Post
    That's quite an ambitious statement for GM of a guild who haven't even downed Atramedes and Cho'gall yet. 18-19k DPS is more than enough for any fight on normal modes. Consider changing the guild.
    pretty much this
    and your GM is a moron.
    i am WAY more geared then you and that is about what i pull (18-20k) on single target fights.
    leave your guild if that the leadership you have in it.

The GM is my husband XD. He revealed to me that he was telling me these things in front of the other guild members so that it wouldn't look like he was playing favorites just cuz I'm his wife...lol

Deleted
    Then leave your husb...errr wait. You just can't compare a fire mage with example a frost mage if you look to a static dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloona View Post
    The GM is my husband XD. He revealed to me that he was telling me these things in front of the other guild members so that it wouldn't look like he was playing favorites just cuz I'm his wife...lol
    LOL! This thread just crossed the line from interesting to epic.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.