Name: Windows 7
    Bit: 64

Resolution-
    Size: 1920x1080

Network Card-
    Manufacturer:
    Model #:
    Wired or Wireless: Wireless

I know this is essentially the same set up as the computer listed on the front page a month back or so. I was wondering more if some parts are to excessive for my needs. Currently I play on WoW, I have a MAC so slim pickings. If I could I'd use OSX but I would really like to try my hand a building a computer just for fun.

Needs: Play WoW at High settings on 1920x1080, Allow for future expansion, Play other new games fairly well as I'll probably be trying them out now that I can (never bothered with bootcamp on my mac) Be able to add a Sound card and a second GPU via SLI or CX, I will be running wireless to start so I'm unsure which is better a card or USB stick, I may also be using this as my mini home studio which is why I want room for a sound card.

Cost- About $2000

I know that the PSU is overkill but it leaves lots of headroom for expansion and is a minimal price difference and I figure it will last me through a few builds (?).
    I have been reading that the i7 would probably be overkill for me so looking around at cheaper CPU's which means I would probably move down to a 1156 socket and then have to change the mother board, from reading I might not notice this and it would be considerably cheaper. The ram I haven't really looked into just used the one on the front page. Finally, (i think) for the heat sink what should I be getting if I have no plans for overclocking? And should I consider overclocking my GPU or CPU. Thanks for you time.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Deep Sigh*
    Get an Asus P8P67 Pro Motherboard and an i5 2500k.
    Anyone with half a brain can overclock CPU's now a days. It's not complicated as it used to be. In fact, the Asus Motherboard I recommended has an auto overclock feature that will give you a quality overclock. Get the MSI Twin Frozr 560 or get a 570 with the money you save.

that's an insane amount of money for those components

once your budget goes up over $500 you go right into the 1155 socket (Sandy Bridge).

from there you pick out whichever CPU you want to spend the money on. The i5-2500k for $225 is a great choice.

the boards that support that are all dual channel memory, so buy your memory in pairs, not a triplet.

the rest is pretty much up to you. the 560 card is a nice choice at a reasonable price. you can overkill the psu as much as you want, just don't get sucked in by big peak numbers. btw... get something that's 80+ certified.

monitors, cases, KB/Mouse combos are all subjective... try before you buy if you can. go to a local store to see them and hopefully get your hands on um, and then order it from where ever gives you the best price

you didn't mention HD. if you're really looking to spend $2000, you can definitely get into a SSD look for "SandForce Controller" as a feature, and spend away.
    Current System - Ultra Budget <$550 (Reused: 19" monitor, KB and mouse)
    Case: Xion Echo $50 PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA-500D $50
    Win 7 OEM: $99 HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s $45
    CPU/MB Combo: MSI 880GMA-E45 / Phenom II x3 720 2.8 (OC 3.5) $150
    GPU: MSI R5670 CYCLONE 1G Radeon HD 5670 $89
    Mem: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB 1333 (pc10666) $45
    DVD Burner: Asus 24x $18
    - update: 2/16/11 added Hyper 212 CPU Cooler $30