Two quick questions about the mmo-champion.com website

Ok so I mainly peruse the mmo-champ website while bored at work since I am usually busy gaming while at home. Most of the time I just refresh the home page and browse the threads in the "Recent Forum Posts" section however it seems sometimes I can refresh the page for a long while before anything updates while other times I can hit refresh over and over and it will update with the newest threads. Is this just an issue with the website? Also please dont say no threads are being made/updated when I am refreshing becuase I can go to the different sections and see new posts being made but not updating on the home page.

Also is there any way to turn off the feature that automatically takes you to the last post of a thread? This is highly anoying since 90% of the threads I am going to I have never seen so obviously I would want to start at the begining of the thread.

Deleted
    As far as I'm aware, the front page you see is a cache that's periodically generated from the actual PHP file - generating it every time somebody requests it would kill the server.

As for always going to the last post, that's a bug we're working on resolving. The expected behaviour is: "If you've read the thread, take you to the last unread post. Otherwise, go to the first post."
    What Sunshine said. I'm misinformed.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-03-20 at 11:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's no bug.

If you're not logged in, the front page is cached every few minutes (for performance reasons) and the links will take you to the last post in the thread (because it has no idea where you left off).

If you're logged in, the front page will update in real time and the links will take you to your first unread post (which is the first post of the thread if you've never seen it).