Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

WoW Interface has ruined the game.

Ever since Vanilla, Blizzard has made small changes, putting more and more infos and other things from the "world" and into your UI.

Think about that for a second. Is it good? Is it good in the long run?

I most certainly think not!

Vanilla:
    You wanna go do a dungeon?
    yea, go ask for some peeps in Stormwind, get to know them while waiting for full group, then spend 10 min getting over to the instance, and you cant easily replace, so its better to teach the noobs, instead of kicking them.

Learn a proffesion?
    Find the correct proffesion trainer, some requires a long travel through the wonderous world to seek hidden people, with valuable secrets to teach you. E.g. Uldaman for enchanting or BRD, BRD for BS, or the different LW trainers (Dragonscale etc) (or was that in TBC?)

Join a guild?
    Look for a guild in a city, talk to their leader. Join the guild and see for youself if you like the community, if you dont, just leave and find a new one. You wont loose anything by doing so.

Questing?
    Pickup a quest. Read the short verson for the quest, and complete it. Often tells you to go west of X mountain, or to the cave by the X stronghold. When completing it, some obstacles might be in the way, since you afterall is travelling by a groundmount.

Reputation farm?
    Kill enemies of the faction you want, deliver items the faction want, or complete chores for said faction.

Get ready for raiding?
    Go instances you normally dont need to go, for flasks. This makes you boost the players needing the gear in those dungeons, making them valuable for both good geared and bad geared players alike.

PvP?
    Go to a zone controlled by opposite faction and kill some guards for /3 warning and lowbies. This will make them ask for help, or log their main. You will get a fight this way, or you can take a trip to some of the more world PvP zones, as Stranglethorn or Plaguelands. When fighting, it is to death, or until someone manages to escape, which is not that easy, since there are no flying mounts, and you have to hide/run as hell.

Battleground?
    Travel to a major city and locate the Battlemasters. Talk to the battlemaster with the responsibility for the specific BGs you wanna do.

Gear up?
    Kill bosses that drops gear you need, thus bosses you havn't outgeared yet.

Cataclysm:
    Go do a dungeon?
    Press I, choose all the dungeons you wish to do, and wait until you get ported into the instance. Then kill the bosses their with little to no social contact with the other players, unless you wipe.

Learn a proffesion:
    Buy matts on AH, talk to a guy and make lots of stuff.

Join a guild?
    Use the Looking for guild feature. Find a guild that suits you, and /w the guildleader your raiding times achies and ilvl

Questing?
    Press M, mount up flying mount, fly over to the point, kill 12 boars/gather 12 bombs/get 12 boar horns/press button, and fly back.

Reputation farm?
    Equip a tabard

Get ready for raiding?
    Go to the auction house and buy the flasks you need.

PvP?
    Go to Durotar/Elwynn and try to kill those a little to far away from the gate. Wait until the mass comes looking for you.

Battlegrounds?
    Press H, and choose your selections from a neat little menu.

Gear up?
    First, kill bosses that drops loot you need, if you dont get it, you can buy it with Justice points instead, then keep killing those bosses, because they still give you valor, even though you have outgeared them heavily.

Everything today is being completed with UI features. This game should not be about panels and portals, but about the world we play in. You are almost never told to go somewhere, and if you are, you just fly above it all, not seeing shit. Sometimes, i feel like it might be a bad aprils fool joke, but its not. The LFD, Questhelper, LFG, JP/VP and flying mounts are all real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Yeah, technology should be moving BACKWARDS not forwards, geez Blizzard!!!

I think this should win some kind of award. I mean, we must now have had one post about literally EVERY SINGLE FEATURE in the ENTIRE GAME which "ruined wow".
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Q...........Q?

Whats the big deal here?

Evolution of gameplay. You can't expect it to stay the same. Change happens, and its something to get used to. Not everyone is going to like, you just gotta suck it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Making gameplay easier / less annoying. Faster. Simpler. Is ruining the game?

Ok cool.

tell me, what hasn't ruined this game?

and dont mix the challenge of the old days with bad design.

Excessively negative people have ruined the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all of us want to walk to school, uphill, in the snow, both ways.

Thank god for them ruining the game then, I want as far as humanly possible from the old guard of MMOs as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    Negativity HAS ruined it and put a lot of pressure on Blizzard.

But I think addons have definitely taken a lot out of this game. I use them a lot, but sometimes a player is only as good as the software he has installed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Radio killed the videostar, wait.. no.. ermh..

Deleted
    Vanilla:
    Spend 45 minutes looking for a tank or a healer, while replacing up to several DPS who got inpatient, spend an additional 10 minutes using the taxi to fly to the dungeon while unable to do anything in-game.

Learn a proffesion?
    Talk to trainer, buy mats off the AH, craft, craft, craft, craft, shit no more mats, farm, farm, farm, craft.

Join a guild?
    Search for a guild in trade chat, keep searching, found anything? Try again, you might find one before christmas!

Questing?
    Kill 30 of this, kill 30 of that, speak with that guy, travel from one end of the earth to the other, kill 3 of that, pick up 7 of those.

Reputation farm?
    Kill enemies of the faction you want, deliver items the faction want, or complete chores for said faction. <- Have to agree with this one, I HATE the tabard shit lol.

Get ready for raiding?
    Grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, unlucky with drops? Hmm, grind, grind, grind.

PvP?
    "Go to a zone controlled by opposite faction and kill some guards for /3 warning and lowbies. This will make them ask for help, or log their main. You will get a fight this way, or you can take a trip to some of the more world PvP zones, as Stranglethorn or Plaguelands. When fighting, it is to death, or until someone manages to escape, which is not that easy, since there are no flying mounts, and you have to hide/run as hell." Nothing stops you from going to TB and having fun

Battleground?
    How is talking to an NPC better than clicking an icon on your screen?

so whats different?

you dont travel to dungeon anymore for 10 mins you w8 for 30 mins in city

you dont go to uldaman or brd to trainer but you need to do quest to liberate city from horde attackers. way more cool then visting some crazy lady with bats in uldaman.

you do chores for faction to get rep. you do dailes for faction to do rep.

not much has changed

10+ Year Old Account
    Why so serious I guess?

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    Vanilla:
    yea, go ask for some peeps in Stormwind, get to know them while waiting for full group, then spend 10 min getting over to the instance, and you cant easily replace, so its better to teach the noobs, instead of kicking them.
    I have never joined a random where people spent time " getting to know each other " even in Vanilla.

As others have stated the game is evolving, subscriptions are up since Vanilla so indication is that they are doing something right

This really seems like a troll post. Either that or you really do like spending time (10 minutes to travel from SW, for instance) to get to instances, or going really far out of your way to find an NPC that isn't really mentioned anywhere but trade chat and wowhead/thottbot. I remember spending long amounts of time looking up someone to speak to about a profession and actually accessing them cuz they're up some weird cliff face.

I like it much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post

^^ This ^^
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

wow, have people ran out of stuff to complain about to the extent of now they are attacking the UI features?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry i wanta spend 10mins getting rdy for a raid not 3 hours? Sorry i don't wanta spend an hour + looking for a group for a heroic by standing in a city spamming trade then take an hour+ to do it?

You may have time to do all that shit every arvo, But most people eg me have a full time job and wish to raid. I come home at 5, I do my dailies i get off for hour+ for dinner/other stuff come back at 8 for 3/4 hour raid. Me and alot of other people do not have time to do all the stuff u said we should have to do.
    Aye mate