Thread: Razer Naga

Thumbs down Razer Naga

So when I first got this mouse I was OMFG blown away at how nice and useful it was (I'm a healer too so it's awesome), but 6 or 7 months down the road I was plagued with the razer double clicking problem (to be honest it happens with any sensitive high response mouse). About a week or 2 ago the laser stopped working but then after using my laptops mouse for a bit my Naga started responding again. This happened another time a few days ago. Now when I got home today the laser wasn't responding but the buttons were working, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it failed to even light up or respond. My warranty just ran up about 3 months ago and I'm sort of disappointed. I would buy another but I don't think it's worth the money.

So I ask of you, what is another good brand of mice? I've looked into Steelseries quite a bit and they seem like a very solid company with solid products, opinions?

Diesel 1/7H

15+ Year Old Account
    Well it just sounds like you had some bad luck with your mouse.

My good ol' diamondback has worked flawlessly for 3 years now.

But if you want another brand on your new mouse then yes, Steelseries is a good one.

3 razer mice, all of them work great still. Granted I only use my Naga and Death Adder anymore. You just got unlucky with one.

Logitech still has some awesome mice. Steelseries has some, like the Xai. Some Razer mice do have issues sometimes, but many also work great and can last quite a while.

I would never buy another razer mouse again after the experience I had with the last one I bought. All the problems you described, but it was right out of the box... sent it away to get "repaired" under it's warrenty... 3 weeks later I got it back, opened it up, plugged it in and had the exact same problems.

So in my experience, razer is just shit... My logitech g9x on the other hand has been working great for 2 years running now.

10+ Year Old Account
    SteelSeries 3-years running.

Deleted
    looks like you just had bad luck with your naga. mine is still working fine after something like 1-1.5 years of use. it is close to starting with the famous "double-click-bug", but i had that problem with every single mouse i had in about the last 6 or 7 years. logitech, microsoft, razer, they all get that bug after about 1.5 to 2 years of use (at last for me). i just live with it and buy the one that suites my need best, with the knowledge i have to replace it in about 2 years. the same also applies for keyboards.

Does your mouse get smudges on it? I clean mine methodically

15+ Year Old Account
    you really do have to keep a mouse like that clean and the surface you use it on. My naga has worked like a champion since day one, had it almost a year now and would recommend it to anyone. Its worth noting that if you invest in a mouse like that throw in a few more bucks and get a decent pad too, it can make a difference and wipe the mouse off every week or so.
    Was hit with a nerf bat!

yeah it's been almost probably 1 or maybe 2 years with my naga and it's been through hell and back and it's still working like a champion.

ive had the razer naga for over a year now, only problem ive had was dog chewed cord, soldered it back together tho it is still working strong

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive had several Razer mounts like Diamondback, Copperhead and Lacheris and ive never had problems with any of them i guess you just became unlucky.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    i had my naga a month and all i can say is if it dies im going back to logitech for several reasons
    1 naga has too many buttons and they are mostly all uncomfortable to use other then the first row
    2 the cord is way to thin/flimsy
    3 the normal side buttons are in a completely aweful spot
    4 having to remap the autorun key to ensure that the mouse buttons work is unacceptable i been playing since vanilla and old habbits die hard

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    i had my naga a month and all i can say is if it dies im going back to logitech for several reasons
    1 naga has too many buttons and they are mostly all uncomfortable to use other then the first row
    2 the cord is way to thin/flimsy
    3 the normal side buttons are in a completely aweful spot
    4 having to remap the autorun key to ensure that the mouse buttons work is unacceptable i been playing since vanilla and old habbits die hard
    1) Probably depends how you grip it, if you use the claw grip it was meant for all but 10-12 are pretty easy to hit after some practice.
    2) Cord is sturdy, unless you have giant rats running around your house.
    3) This one I agree with, while I do use the bottom "side" button for autorun now and got pretty used to it, they are a bit annoying to hit. That being said, I can't see anywhere else they'd fit.
    4) See point 3, remapping is a part of life. That particular mouse is meant for a very specific set of people. There are so many ways to set it up, and Razer makes plenty of mice. Just because one doesn't fit a style doesn't mean the rest of them aren't worth using.