Thread: PC Problems

Deleted

PC Problems

Hello. I was hoping someone here could help me.

My PC is now 3 months old, but the day before yesterday a problem occurred.

My sound box felt onto my PC case, which then resulted into that my PC was frozen. Rebooting worked, but it froze again once my PC was fully loaded (Desktop) Then i rebooted again, this time my Monitor wouldn't jump on ( Note: It seemed like my Harddisk Didn't booted up either ) Took off the Gcard and tried again, no results again.

Yesterday morning i wanted to give it another shot, this time with the Onboard the PC Loaded just fine and i could do just about anything ( No games obviously ) Then i tried it using my Graphic Card, but now whenever i try, it is stuck on the black Windows XP Loading Screen. ( Tried 5-6 Times )
    I do however, can boot Windows in Safe Modes with the Graphic Card slotted in.

- With Graphic Card slotted in, PC Freezes at black Windows XP Loading Screen
    - With Onboard Card the PC Starts just fine
    - I can boot Safe Mode with my Graphic Card
    - Graphic Card works on other PC's.
    Last edited by mmoc7124f432f2; 2011-03-20 at 09:56 AM.

One thing that may have happened is your hd could have been damaged if it is not a ssd. If it is a typical hard drive and it is spinning while a shock is delivered to the system like dropping a sound box on it. it can cause the hard drive to scratch itself damaging it. That is where i would start.
    tl;dr Is just another way of saying I am about to troll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mazox74 View Post
    One thing that may have happened is your hd could have been damaged if it is not a ssd. If it is a typical hard drive and it is spinning while a shock is delivered to the system like dropping a sound box on it. it can cause the hard drive to scratch itself damaging it. That is where i would start.
    Yeah but, why would my Onboard card still works then?

I did not say it was the cause just a good place to start It would depend on IF the hd was damaged where it was damaged. Find out who the manufacturer is and see if you can dload a free diagnostic tool for it. Next i would check out the vid card if you have a friend or someone who has a computer you can test your vid card out on.
    With the type of accident you had it could anything from the hd or your vid card or even your mobo or ram.
    tl;dr Is just another way of saying I am about to troll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mazox74 View Post
    I did not say it was the cause just a good place to start It would depend on IF the hd was damaged where it was damaged. Find out who the manufacturer is and see if you can dload a free diagnostic tool for it. Next i would check out the vid card if you have a friend or someone who has a computer you can test your vid card out on.
    With the type of accident you had it could anything from the hd or your vid card or even your mobo or ram.
    Graphic Card works on other PCs.
    I can load Safe Mode with my Graphic Card aswell.
    Ill go check the HDD

10+ Year Old Account
    Run a checkdsk. I think the problem is the harddrive if you verified that the video card works on other computers. Otherwise I'd say its the video card.