Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Blink doesn't fail for skilled players.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    Yogg's room, Magmaw's room, Chimaeron's Room, Conclave anywhere near steps, and even Nef's room from grate to floor to grate.
    Yogg, Magmaw and Chimaeron have the same problem, there's tiny outcroppings on the floor. If you're partially standing on them, blink will fail. It's not impossible to see them and avoid standing on them though. If you need, go in after your raid is done and blink around the rooms to see if you can figure out what's not good to stand on at a glance.

Deleted
    grrrrr.... i always found the blink fail quite funny, untill last night , gong duty on steevie wonder and at 15% last airphase after hitting the gong, i blink'd on the spot->die(ice block on cd ) then wipe ...

now you tell me what the hell is on atramedes's floor ?!?!?!

/endrage

blink fails and will fail, even when there is nothing "sticking out of the floor that you can't see "

10+ Year Old Account
    *Kidney Shot 6secs* *Casts Blink* *No path available* *Dead*
    Like that?
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

Deleted
    Join the club, friends. I always love disengaging onto the stairs at Conclave and basically waste my GCD with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas 45 View Post
    *Kidney Shot 6secs* *Casts Blink* *No path available* *Dead*
    Like that?
    meh , we have ice block for cheeky rogues :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Yogg, Magmaw and Chimaeron have the same problem, there's tiny outcroppings on the floor. If you're partially standing on them, blink will fail. It's not impossible to see them and avoid standing on them though. If you need, go in after your raid is done and blink around the rooms to see if you can figure out what's not good to stand on at a glance.
    I'm not saying it isn't impossible... but a tiny pebble on the ground = failed blink. When dodging a fire coming after you + pillar being thrown @ you, and then a massive crash while you're on the run the opposite direction, you have time to take a quick glance but not study the floor. It's an issue nontheless that is just annoying, however tolerable.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    Blink doesn't fail for skilled players.
    Even the best mage will die or take unnecessary dmg because they are at a spot where blink will fail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    Even the best mage will die or take unnecessary dmg because they are at a spot where blink will fail.

Here's a solution...

Don't stand at the spot where blink will fail.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    Here's a solution...

Don't stand at the spot where blink will fail.
    Hard to do when you're being pressured on those spots in Blade's Edge, Dalaran Sewers, Ruins of Lordaeron, and soon to be Ring of Valor.
    BfA Beta Time

I think the issue isn't with Blink, but more how the terrain was made. Just watch your Flame Orb sometimes and how it doesnt even move forward and just stay in place, like if one small, or maybe invisible, bump got in its way and completely block its movement. It's probably the same thing that is happening with Blink.

I mean, i cant even Blink properly in the perfectly flat corridors of Mana Tombs, its clearly the terrain that Blizzard messed up in some places.
    Last edited by Kahlis; 2011-03-24 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosiermama View Post
    they should reduce the CD on blink to like 3 or 4 seconds. my eyes are getting really dry. D:
    LOL Yeah that would be amazing. Trying to catch up to a mage who can blink every 3 seconds in a arena. -.-

I ask my dash not have a CD then. =P

OT: Yeah you waste blink every so often. After playing my mage for so long, and being in the same areas for extended amounts of time I found myself remembering where I can blink and where I cannot. Try to keep a mental note where its not possible, that's the best you can do.

The biggest issue I think has to do with the fact it's a 2nd ability in a 3d world. Make it 3d (I really wanna be able to blink on top of the bridge in Blade's Edge please) and I suspect the problems would be remedied...

Something tells me this won't happen though.