Looking for a new laptop

Hey guys Im about to be going off to college soon and am looking to get a laptop. I want it to be able to play WoW on decent settings. Price isnt really and issue but I dont need something super insane. Thanks in advance

Besides playing WoW on decent settings what else are you looking for? Most importantly, what screen size and are you running 25 man raids? Are you going to be playing any other games? Do you care about battery life at all or are you going to be plugged in 99% of the time? I assume you're in the US?

It doesn't take too much to run WoW at decent settings, so at least give us a rough estimate of what you want to spend.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted
    http://www.amazon.com/G53JW-A1-Republic-Gamers-15-6-Inch-Gaming/dp/B0044UF0L6

my pick for a really good gaming laptop without being overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by Visker View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/G53JW-A1-Republic-Gamers-15-6-Inch-Gaming/dp/B0044UF0L6

my pick for a really good gaming laptop without being overpriced.
    It has a first gen i7 CPU... which is way ovepriced if it costs anything over $1,000, regardless of the rest of the system specs (unless it has dual video cards, which this one doesn't).

If you're looking for a gaming laptop, make sure you get a sandy bridge CPU (there are i5 sandy bridge CPUs now too) they really aren't that much more expensive than the first generation CPUs, but availability and variety may be an issue.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Just add my two cents...

If you want to work with it, get at least 17" and a NON-GLARE display - you will thank me for it.

For the hardware ... well, i5 or i7 CPU, dedicated gfx from ATI or NVIDIA (Geforce/Radeon) - check some benchmarks here - but the most notebooks in the 1k region have decent gfx. AMD CPU is fine too, but the newer Intel are still better for games - if you find something with that check some benchmarks :P

Then you need at least 4 GB RAM, Win7 64-Bit and maybe as harddisk an SDD with around 120 GB - buy a external HDD for capacity and storage. SDD is way faster then any 4.1k speed notebook hdd, sucks way less power and is more shock resistent.

Had to search a notebook for my sister this week, she goes studing at the university soon.

http://geizhals.at/deutschland/a613657.html

Was suggesting her this one or better said something like this - we will see next week wich one exactlly - perfect for the uni and in between she can play some games.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

ASUS G-series (g53 g73) are good. Try to get a second gen i-series processor (i5-2***, i7-2***)

MSI GT/GX/660/663/740, same applies to the i-processors.

Anything with a GPU named GTX 460, GTX 285, HD5870m

If I could i would not mind playing WoW on higher settings just dont know what the price jump would be. Also looking for either a 15 or 17 inch screen size. I will be raiding 25 mans also. Battery life wont affect me to much. and yes im in the US

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    ASUS G-series (g53 g73) are good. Try to get a second gen i-series processor (i5-2***, i7-2***)

MSI GT/GX/660/663/740, same applies to the i-processors.

Anything with a GPU named GTX 460, GTX 285, HD5870m

I second this vote. I has the G53, it's very pro.